Teamsters demand answers

Thebrownblob

Proves nothing, only offers an opposing view in response to the quoted post.

You seem to have difficulty with opposing views. It must be difficult for you.
Not difficult at all your picture shows nothing it’s hot every summer, big deal. Guess what it will be cold in the winter. Pretty elementary stuff, but since you’re not very bright I suppose this is a shock to you.🤡 congratulations you managed to turn a semi serious subject, Into a running joke on this website much like yourself.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Not difficult at all your picture shows nothing it’s hot every summer big deal. Guess what it will be cold in the winter. Pretty elementary stuff, but since you’re not very bright I suppose this is a shock to you.
This map ranks this summer one of the top 5 hottest in many areas since even before UPS time.

Yes it is a pretty elementary map. Sorry you chose not to read it.

Thebrownblob

This map ranks this summer one of the top 5 hottest in many areas since even before UPS time.

I have better things to do than read a map that may or may not be accurate, I work outside every day son I know how hot it is.

Thebrownblob

A government consulting firm put your map out. Lol I think I’ll pass On believing it’s honesty and accuracy.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Wow you found a map with colors that proves it! 😂
What were the differences on you handsome color map? Any why start at 1895?

No, better to look at actually averages. Sure this is a hot summer, heat waves happen, always have. 2011, darn hot, same with 1998 and 1980. Texas is a hot climate in the summer.

1660126894401.png

Wally

Sure slightly higher, for one season. How much you want to spend to correct one season heat wave? All comes down to spending.

Actually might be better to negotiate a heat index bonus pay. If weekly averages get above a certain temp, you automatically receive bonus pay. Those covered with fans, a/c will not get bonus.

Integrity

Binge Poster
What were the differences on you handsome color map? Any why start at 1895?

No, better to look at actually averages. Sure this is a hot summer, heat waves happen, always have. 2011, darn hot, same with 1998 and 1980. Texas is a hot climate in the summer.

View attachment 395446
What is your point?

What is the position that you are supporting?

I am unclear of your position regarding the serious concerns that health and safety professionals and regulatory bodies have about protecting employees from heat related injuries and assisting companies such as UPS in their obligation to provide a workplace free from these recognized hazards.

Is it your position this is not a recognized hazard?

Please help me out. You joke so much, but yet sometimes you seem serious.

Please clarify, if you would.

Wally

What is your point?

I am unclear of your position regarding the serious concerns that health and safety professionals and regulatory bodies have about protecting employees from heat related injuries and assisting companies such as UPS in their obligation to provide a workplace free from these recognized hazards.

You guys are crying and carrying on, for what? What do you think will happen? There is not a unlimited amount of money.

This job has hazards if you are not smart as do many occupations. Protect yourself! Might be hot but if you protect yourself you will survive.

Bottom line is, work at UPS can be unpleasant at times, weather happens. You want to negotiate to milk some extra money for the rank and file? OK by me. My idea is High Temperature Pay. Might suck to work in the heat, but a little bonus can change the mindset.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
What is your point?

Is this the first heat wave you’ve ever experienced? Lol

Thebrownblob

Is this the first heat wave you’ve ever experienced? Lol
He’s done nothing but embarrass himself and make a mockery of an issue that we as package Car drivers have to deal with. And buy a large deal with it quite well. If we as the membership anything to change we will push forward in the next contract not cry.

I too am personally of a mind of some sort of heat pay or even extreme heat work reduction by lowering dispatch. I think demanding air conditioning would be detrimental to our wages, but that is my opinion if the membership want ac I will support demanding it contractually

Integrity

Binge Poster
I have better things to do than read a map that may or may not be accurate,
It is important to make good decisions with your time.
I work outside every day son I know how hot it is.
That may be so but you don’t seem very knowledgeable on the current OSHA focus on preventing the occurrence of heat related illnesses/ injuries in the workplace and the employers responsibility to protect workers from this known hazard.

Integrity

Binge Poster

A government consulting firm put your map out. Lol I think I’ll pass On believing it’s honesty and accuracy.
I found this map previously posted on the BC.