Teamsters demand answers

Trucker Clock

Another nobody.

Got it.

For a nobody, I seem to get a lot done and am willing to fight for my fellow UPS Teamsters.

Unlike you. You think we are spoiled lazy brats unwilling to fight for ourselves.

We are all not like that. So take your rhetoric and go away unless you have something useful to contribute.

Oh, that’s right, you charge for that even though we pay your salary.

Pullman Brown

My personal experience. The heat doesn’t effect me until it reaches heat advisory stage. I endure and make it through but I have learned over the last eight summers what it takes to do my job in those conditions and make it home to my family. I have learned a lot from UPS, on heat related information, but a lot of this information is out there on the internet with a little research. In my area, this summer has been the third hottest on record and once you include for the normal high dew points this time of year in the South, you have to take this stuff serious.

The younger guys that do go down I sympathize with because they don’t really understand what there getting into and don’t take it serious. My guess is that we have had more heat advisory’s this year than past summers, which could explain why we are having more issues, but I would have to see the data. If the data says yes than that would make sense but if it is normal to past summers than other data would be needed to explain things.

Maybe the Union could create a national database that members can report heat related sickness etc.. along with weather related data to make more accurate conclusions. It’s just really hard to interpret data correctly when you don’t have it. If you do the Union can use it in future negotiations. I know I’m reaching here but just my thoughts. Oh, and I would still rather deliver in heat advisory weather than snow and ice!

Last edited:
My personal experience. The heat doesn’t effect me until it reaches heat advisory stage. I endure and make it through but I have learned over the last eight summers what it takes to do my job in those conditions and make it home to my family. I have learned a lot from UPS, on heat related information, but a lot of this information is out there on the internet with a little research. In my area, this summer has been the third hottest on record and once you include for the normal high dew points this time of year in the South, you have to take this stuff serious.

The younger guys that do go down I sympathize with because they don’t really understand what there getting into and don’t take it serious. My guess is that we have had more heat advisory’s this year than past summers, which could explain why we are having more issues, but I would have to see the data. If the data says yes than that would make sense but if it is normal to past summers than other data would be needed to explain things.

Maybe the Union could create a national database that members can report heat related sickness etc.. along with weather related data to make more accurate conclusions. It’s just really hard to interpret data correctly when you don’t have it. If you do the Union can use it in future negotiations. I know I’m reaching here but just my thoughts. Oh, and I would still rather deliver in heat advisory weather than snow and ice!
A lot depends on your route also.

If you have some large bulk deliveries and pickups where you're stuck in the back of that truck you can get overheated real fast

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
There’s a reason that information isn’t available to you. it might be out there somewhere who knows
Bottom line is the teamsters don’t want you to know an uninformed union is a compliant union just keep that dues rolling in that’s what really matters

Pullman Brown

There’s a reason that information isn’t available to you. it might be out there somewhere who knows
Bottom line is the teamsters don’t want you to know an uninformed union is a compliant union just keep that dues rolling in that’s what really matters

The weather data is out there but drivers having heat related illnesses would have to be given to them, they might know a little but I doubt on a large scale. Having this data is not going to stop the dues from coming in, it would only give more credibility to their argument.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
5190520F-3CD6-4659-8085-396843D676E1.gif

Carry on