Teamsters demand answers

Trucker Clock

I would say out of the 67 routes they sent out today Less than 10 will come back before eight

If that happened here, all the pick ups would not make it out that night. Could not process everything that came in after 8.

That happened here. 2000 missed outbound packages.

No routes cut and no drivers going home since then in the extreme heat. Yeh, we pay for it when it’s not hot, but show me the over 9.5 money if they want to force it on us.

We do have a very strong Local and a Steward that doesn’t take any crap from UPS (hint, I’m not @Integrity)

Thebrownblob

If that happened here, all the pick ups would not make it out that night. Could not process everything that came in after 8.

That happened here. 2000 missed outbound packages.

No routes cut and no drivers going home since then in the extreme heat. Yeh, we pay for it when it’s not hot, but show me the over 9.5 money if they want to force it on us.

We do have a very strong Local and a Steward that doesn’t take any crap from UPS (hint, I’m not @Integrity)

Volume does not have to be back until 930, few in my center run, A quarter of $1 million in 9.5 money last year I’m pretty sure the company knows we’re not playing, they just don’t care.

Trucker Clock

Volume does not have to be back until 930, few in my center run, A quarter of $1 million in 9.5 money last year I’m pretty sure the company knows we’re not playing, they just don’t care.

Slow down, take your time, stay cool and survive out there. I feel for you.

Change will only come from the top. Let’s see what the new leadership is made of come contract time. Although, it could come down to seeing what the members are made of.

Thebrownblob

Slow down, take your time, stay cool and survive out there. I feel for you.

Change will only come from the top. Let’s see what the new leadership is made of come contract time. Although, it could come down to seeing what the members are made of.
Trust me there’s no problem for me, it’s the people who are younger that have the issue, 97 107° they get the same amount of workout of me never a problem almost 23 years.

Trust me there’s no problem for me, it’s the people who are younger that have the issue, 97 107° they get the same amount of workout of me never a problem almost 23 years.
Screenshot_20220804-135828-548.png

Trucker Clock

I understand production. I understand profits. I understand wanting drivers to work up to 9.5 hours. I don’t understand the 11, 12 hours days when drivers are being sent home.

Thebrownblob

Sending drivers home and keeping 3/4 of the drivers out past 8 is beyond BS, it is something Corporate should be taken apart over.
Corporate is the one doing it LOL they’re pushing stops per car they make the call in the morning from another location to cut routes they don’t even make that call locally.

Thebrownblob

I understand production. I understand profits. I understand wanting drivers to work up to 9.5 hours. I don’t understand the 11, 12 hours days when drivers are being sent home.
Two of the eight hour days in my center yesterday brought the stops back and went home in order to be off by eight hours. Tough luck for management

Trucker Clock

And no, we don’t need the Government to fix it for us. We need to fix it for ourselves. We, and the Union, need to stand up to UPS and tell them where to shove these 11 hour days, even when it’s not excessively hot.

They can still turn a huge profit keeping everyone, except those that want it, under, or around, 9.5

I will bet you Carol did not have the Home Depot employees working 11, 12 hour days. So why should she be allowing it here.

Trucker Clock

Yes but we also used to drive around with our bulkhead doors open all day.

That made a big difference in the back of the truck

Never did that. It just made the cab hotter with all the heat coming from the back. I just never sorted when it was that hot and kept my time in the back minimal. Yes, I may have had to go back for a few packages I found later, but the over 9.5 penalty pay sure eased the pain.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Never did that. It just made the cab hotter with all the heat coming from the back. I just never sorted when it was that hot and kept my time in the back minimal. Yes, I may have had to go back for a few packages I found later, but the over 9.5 penalty pay sure eased the pain.

What is your job with UPS now ?