Teamsters keep defending the same ol Grievences year after year !

705red

Browncafe Steward
and by the way you make $27 plus an hour from ups because of the TEAMSTERS!

Customers,UPS,Teamsters, and myself able me to make that wage
Your missing the point! Fedex has customers, fedex stock does alot better than ups's, and fedex also have drivers who care, the only thing fedex doesnt have as of yet is teamster representation to get them upwards of $27 an hour! So if you really believe that we would be making anything close to that $27 an hour without the teamsters ask your self why the average fedex driver is around $19, $20 an hour?

Cole

So if you really believe that we would be making anything close to that $27 an hour without the teamsters ask your self why the average fedex driver is around $19, $20 an hour?

Also ask why they even make $19-$20.00, and it's because of our wages, and the fact that they don't wont to have to negotiate with a union etc...

ups_vette

1 Minute over 8 hours on an 8 hour request day is a violation! When you withdrew from the teamsters did you go into management? Sure sounds like it! You have to remember the company agreed to these terms and conditions of the contract. In some parts of the country there is no penalty for violating this article. In 710 to my understanding is you are allowed to bring back deliveries you cannot get to because you ran out of time and have to be off the clock in 8. Its the company that continues to violate the agreement that they bargained in good faith, and by the way you make $27 plus an hour from ups because of the TEAMSTERS!

Red......1 Minute over the Contractual Lunch period is a violation. It is cause for termination for stealing time. Should UPS fire every driver who is a minute over on their lunch??

Cole

Actually for those who have a 10 minute break negotiated in their supplement etc...then you get 70 minutes total break, and usuall they let you divide it however you want, which is also a past practice. ;)

705red

Browncafe Steward
Red......1 Minute over the Contractual Lunch period is a violation. It is cause for termination for stealing time. Should UPS fire every driver who is a minute over on their lunch??
Come on vette you being a manager know you have fired people for less! You yourself probably dont honor the contract that someone alot smarter then you agreed to, but you(managers) feel that your above the law and can violate it at will!

Supervisors working is a contractual violation and yet you allow it to happen at will, should we file ulp charges every time they do so we can shut you down over it to teach you a lesson?

How about you run your area according to the contract, without allowing sups to work, without violating 9.5 language, honoring 8 hour requests, job seniority, i can go on for days on the contract violations. How can you expect people to respect you while you show no respect for the contract, and expect better from your employees. Remember we are only as good as our management team!

twnjrspc

Come on vette you being a manager know you have fired people for less! You yourself probably dont honor the contract that someone alot smarter then you agreed to, but you(managers) feel that your above the law and can violate it at will!

Supervisors working is a contractual violation and yet you allow it to happen at will, should we file ulp charges every time they do so we can shut you down over it to teach you a lesson?

How about you run your area according to the contract, without allowing sups to work, without violating 9.5 language, honoring 8 hour requests, job seniority, i can go on for days on the contract violations. How can you expect people to respect you while you show no respect for the contract, and expect better from your employees. Remember we are only as good as our management team!

Sounds like we have the perfect example of not leading by example, Red.Or is it, do as I say, Not as I do. We all know there's the right way, the wrong way, and the UPS way! I guess that's how you become a top Fortune 500 company.:ohmy:

Braveheart

What is the definition of, "EXCESSIVE TIME OVER 8 HOURS"? If your main concern is spending more time with your family, then work some where else. The teamsters have been the sole bargaining agent with UPS for alot longer than you have been around. Your complaint should be with the teamsters, not the one who pays you.
Why don't you go work somewhere else. I have been here over 15 years. The UPS managers overdispatch the drivers not the Teamsters! What are you some non-union scab? I just want the company to stand behind their promise and my right to go home a lousy 2 times per month at a decent hour. What are you a worhaholic, or going into management, or just don't want to go home to your family. We already work mandatory overtime of usually an hour and a half per day to 11 hours or more. They cut routes to make decent days into long ones and we all know that peak there is no vacations, no 8 hour requests, and long, long days. So I think getting home between 8 and 9 at night 10 months a year plus 10 to 11 at night during peak is more than enough of my and my family's time. 20 lousy 8 hour days a year is the least they could do!

Braveheart

Great idea. Streamline discharges too. Why should the company have to keep going back every 9 months to refresh a warning letter on a problem employee?

Oh I'm sorry the company is the only one that drags their feet isn't it? You guys crack me up.
Ok then you managers are also on a 9 month window. You guys commit the same contract violation only once every 9 months then a slap on the wrist is all you get. The fact is that you managers commit the same contract violations over and over month after month. Sure a driver that misdelivers packages month after month should receive progressive punishment. But a misdelivery every 3 to 4 months just like a contract violation every 3 to 4 months are called being normal.

Braveheart

what steward or Business agent do we fire when you lose the grievance?
Ok sparky, since when do you think I am going to lose a grievance. If my steward and or business agent loses 5 times in a row then they should both be replaced. Why are you so scared of my proposal? Are you a repeat offender of contract violations big guy? Are you afraid of losing your job? You guys have progressive punishment for us yet you are not held to progressive punishment for your repeat contract violations. If you really cared about UPS you would agree that a manager who repeatedly month after month year after year that violated the contract costing UPS thousands of dollars, ruining employee morale, causing many employees to quit and generally deviding the company should be replaced. Managers are punished behind closed doors, have their raises and bonuses reduced, delayed, and cut entirely. It is so two faced when you send a driver packing and yet you keep a manager who blatantly continues to violate the contract day after day.

Braveheart

young , dumb and full of ....... the union loves guys like you. So easy to brainwash...so so easy.
First of all not young, strike one on you.
Second of all not dumb, strike two on you.
Third, yes I am but my better half loves that part, foul ball er balls.
Fourth of all I am not brainwashed. I do not blindly agree with everything the Union says. I happen to disagree with many of the things the union put into the last contract and with some of their ideas to date.
Strike three! Your out pal! Oh I just love the word Strike don't you?

Braveheart

1 Minute over 8 hours on an 8 hour request day is a violation! When you withdrew from the teamsters did you go into management? Sure sounds like it! You have to remember the company agreed to these terms and conditions of the contract. In some parts of the country there is no penalty for violating this article. In 710 to my understanding is you are allowed to bring back deliveries you cannot get to because you ran out of time and have to be off the clock in 8. Its the company that continues to violate the agreement that they bargained in good faith, and by the way you make $27 plus an hour from ups because of the TEAMSTERS!
Well said brother!

Braveheart

Let us not split hairs. If my manager has me off the clock between 8 hours and 8 hours and 10 or 15 minutes I would be ok. The problem is the 9 and 10 hours we are sent out with. And I did not ask for my manager to be fired for 1 minute violation guys. There has to be some reason to it all.

twnjrspc

Ok sparky, since when do you think I am going to lose a grievance. If my steward and or business agent loses 5 times in a row then they should both be replaced. Why are you so scared of my proposal? Are you a repeat offender of contract violations big guy? Are you afraid of losing your job? You guys have progressive punishment for us yet you are not held to progressive punishment for your repeat contract violations. If you really cared about UPS you would agree that a manager who repeatedly month after month year after year that violated the contract costing UPS thousands of dollars, ruining employee morale, causing many employees to quit and generally deviding the company should be replaced. Managers are punished behind closed doors, have their raises and bonuses reduced, delayed, and cut entirely. It is so two faced when you send a driver packing and yet you keep a manager who blatantly continues to violate the contract day after day.
Hell Braveheart, they violate thier own UPS code of Conduct and Harrassment Policy on a daily basis. You're right, management gets a scolding behind doors, and so long as Atlanta never hears about it, that's where it ends. As long as management is able to keep it's own dirt within it's own district loop, where they are prorected by one another, the bigger the offender they become. I guess that's how the system has to work in order to remain in the top Fortune 500 and most admired. What a Joke!

mittam

Let us not split hairs. If my manager has me off the clock between 8 hours and 8 hours and 10 or 15 minutes I would be ok. The problem is the 9 and 10 hours we are sent out with. And I did not ask for my manager to be fired for 1 minute violation guys. There has to be some reason to it all.

Braveheart, the long days are because we don't want to step up to the plate and get the job done. We are spoiled babies that want to only cry and not get home to our families. This is entirely our fault, no reason for it other than we see the numbers and after crying about it and taking our time instead of working we get home late. OOPS! I should have started by saying we have had time studies over the last couple weeks and this is what a time study manager said about our center.