Telematics on rentals?

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
I thought they turned of telematics during peak because helpers r often stop completing stops while the driver is during around or on his way to another stop.
I do not think they turn it off, they probably do not print the reports. I would assume if there is an accident then they can refer to telematics

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Telematics is ALWAYS on. What mgt chooses to do with it is another matter. I get reports every day about what works and what doesn't.

Gear

Parts on Order
write it up as far as im concerned, we dont work on rentals here. That's the rental company's problem.

I dislike seeing stacks of write ups. First thing I think when I see a stack of yellow papers is, WTF, zero to crabby in 1 second. By the time I realize half are rentals it to late, crabbyness has set in.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You would be the only one.
I dislike seeing stacks of write ups. First thing I think when I see a stack of yellow papers is, WTF, zero to crabby in 1 second. By the time I realize half are rentals it to late, crabbyness has set in.
Working on rentals? No

So you would be OK with sending a driver out with a known safety defect (lights, horns, brakes) on a rental?

upschuck

We can red tag them and have them pulled from service. That is all. It is up to the center team to contact the rental company for repairs.
I thought that is how we got them cheap, was that we did the maintenance(was told this many years ago). Learned something today.

Mechanic86

Turd Polishing Expert
They bothered me at first, now I don't care. I just adjust my plan of attack for the day if needed.

Gear

Parts on Order
So you would be OK with sending a driver out with a known safety defect (lights, horns, brakes) on a rental?

Lights?
Headlights and brake lights-red tag. Everything else-ok to drive
Horn?
Ok to drive. Come on, beeping the horn every 3 seconds is dumb. Now you have an excuse for not beeping the horn. "I told the mech the horn doesn't work, I guess he doesn't care." And when the sup asks about the horn I'll say, "Do you want car number xxxxxx back on the road or that horn to work. Thats what I thought, go away." He isn't calling the rental company for a horn during peak.
Brakes?
Always redtag.

Gear

Parts on Order
We can red tag them and have them pulled from service. That is all. It is up to the center team to contact the rental company for repairs.

Sometimes I'll do something on a rental feeder tractor. But thats limited by our parts, which is basically nothing.