Tentative agreement

Cardb0ard.

Beer and more beer
Contract says strying pay for PT will be $13hr.
For some other PTers including myself that have 2yrs making $12hr. I’m assuming we will be at $13hr. Once contract start. (Assuming this thing passes)
Seems kinda unfair to be making starting pay with 2yrs with the company.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I just looked at the announcement on UPSers.com. This photo was made at our PCM about a month ago!

upscontract.jpg

DOK

For some other PTers including myself that have 2yrs making $12hr. I’m assuming we will be at $13hr. Once contract start. (Assuming this thing passes)

Hopefully you’ll get starting pay plus the aug 1st raise, making your rate $13.75.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Don't get greedy! :wink-very:

Cardb0ard.

Beer and more beer
A dollar more than you make now.
Honestly, you should make where you would be with your seniority on the new schedule.
Good luck!
understandable. This is my first time trying to get used to and understand this contract, so I’m just trying to make sense of this. Thanks for the responses!

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Need to see some more specifics on pension/healthcare but I'm ok with what I see so far.
So far you see raises that barely equal inflation (remember management got 20% raises last year!) Huge targets put on full time driver's backs. New drivers never making full time driver's wages!

How o didn’t make it past article 22 before I scoffed. This company is going to increase part time wages wether they like it or not, shouldn’t be bargained for.
AMEN! They can not hire enough because they pay so little. THAT IS NOT OUR PROBLEM AND WHY "OUR" REPRESENTATIVES ALLOWED THEM TO MAKE IT A CONTRACT ISSUE IS HORSE :censored2:!

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I don’t need the details, hybrid drivers is just another way to pay guys less while seperating the membership later on down the line.

Last edited:

El Correcto

god is dead
I don’t need the details, hybrid drivers is just another way to pay guys less while seperating the membership later on down the line.
Is this what they meant with the article 43? Seems like a :censored2: deal, slight increase in starting pay and less than nothing in top rate.

They need to increase that starting pay rate regardless. Drivers are not sticking around for 18 an hour anyways, especially the seasonal. Have fun having your truck left on the side of the road come Christmas.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Is this what they meant with the article 43? Seems like a :censored2: deal, slight increase in starting pay and less than nothing in top rate.

They need to increase that starting pay rate regardless. Drivers are not sticking around for 18 an hour anyways, especially the seasonal. Have fun having your truck left on the side of the road come Christmas.
Yep, and when the time comes next contract it will sound like “Well, the hybrid drivers aren’t being paid enough so raises that should go to all FT employees are only going to be able to be used for Art 43 ones”

As time goes on they will outnumber top pay FT drivers and settle for scraps becuase we created this monster.

jaker

trolling
15 for PT is not that great , the minimum wage is Cali is going to be 15 by 2020 , so once again they are back at minimum wage and other parts of the country are already at 15 also

35years

Gravy route
Try to sell this to the part timers in many locations...
They make $15 to start now.
New contract would bump them down $2 an hour.
New contract would swap growth of full wage driving gigs for ones $6 hr less.
New FT jobs will all be weekend jobs. Current drivers will take all M-friend gigs.
PT jobs would switch to weekends.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
understandable. This is my first time trying to get used to and understand this contract, so I’m just trying to make sense of this. Thanks for the responses!

Do not feel bad..I been here for over 41 years and I still can not make sense of it either. The language is set up to confusing and will be interpreted later by lawyers and the elites.