Termination

WeAreAllGoingToMakeIt

I did the seatbelt tuck behind my back a long time ago for exactly two stops. When I realized I was reaching for the seatbelt out of habit anyway, there’s no reason for it.
Why do I get the feeling you've been tucking your seatbelt behind your back all this time, and you are finally going to start to do the right thing after reading this thread.....
Not much unity in the rank and file. No surprise.
More like people virtue signaling to Sups. You all probably do it so much at your centers it carries over to your BC posts.

"Look at this stupid driver, I would never do that, Mr. On Car, Mr. Center Manager... please respect me, nobody else does."

LOL! This is what you guys look and sound like to normal people.

Oh, what a bunch of nonsense. The reality is we are trying to make sure other drivers don't get fired for the same reason as OP.....

You should be thanking us for being honest, it might save a runner gunner from suffering the same fate. It may seem cruel, but I'm sure my fellow BC posters empathize with OP as I do, however an example needs to be set for all the other drivers....

I’ll try to keep this short and simple. Looking for anyone that knows of a similar situation I’m currently involved in. I was caught not wearing my seatbelt (it was clicked on behind me, not around my waist) I was handed a letter of termination for dishonesty. Currently waiting to sit in front of a panel to discuss my future with the company. Been with UPS for 14 years (10 as a pre loader, 4 as a driver. Do I have any shot at getting my job back?
Amazon is hiring. Better apply.

ManInBrown

I know a guy at my hub that does that. He also keeps next stop packages in the cab, rolls thru stop signs, backs up all the way to the house on long driveways, puts letters in mailboxes, drives like it's the indy 500....etc. He still has his job, but we are all waiting on the edge of our seats to see how long it will go on before he is walked off.
We had a driver that did that. Next 15 stops lined up in the cab. Snagged a porter job. What do you think happened? Driver who wins bid goes out Monday 200 stops they have to send him help. Same thing Tues and Wed. Runner who lined the stops up was done every night at 7pm. You’re only screwing over your union brethren when you do dumb sheet like this.

Est.1998

I’ll try to keep this short and simple. Looking for anyone that knows of a similar situation I’m currently involved in. I was caught not wearing my seatbelt (it was clicked on behind me, not around my waist) I was handed a letter of termination for dishonesty. Currently waiting to sit in front of a panel to discuss my future with the company. Been with UPS for 14 years (10 as a pre loader, 4 as a driver. Do I have any shot at getting my job back?
Did they take your id, walk you to the gate?
If not, I'd just come to work like normal and stop doing crazy things like this.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
Why do I get the feeling you've been tucking your seatbelt behind your back all this time, and you are finally going to start to do the right thing after reading this thread.....

Oh, what a bunch of nonsense. The reality is we are trying to make sure other drivers don't get fired for the same reason as OP.....

You should be thanking us for being honest, it might save a runner gunner from suffering the same fate. It may seem cruel, but I'm sure my fellow BC posters empathize with OP as I do, however an example needs to be set for all the other drivers....
Yeah...no. I buckle every time. What do I gain from lying about that on a message board? Good try though

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

How much time do you truly save not wearing the seatbelt? Like 2 seconds per stop? Was it worth the maybe 4 minutes of time you gained that day? If you put good numbers up they’ll keep you around. You’ll be made an example of. If your record is somewhat clean I’d expect a 30 day unpaid vacation. Those cars are tin can death traps, you’d still get messed up in a bad accident with the seatbelt on. Without it you’re dead.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
The last person that did something this stupid got promoted to management and transferred halfway across the country.

Whereistheunion

I'm sorry, but it sounds like the telematics caught you enough for management to come out and physically observe you. These violations are hard to overturn. I've seen part-timers go from cush part- time jobs become a package drivers and end there UPS careers on a short note. Good luck at your hearing, have you been terminated before. Going to a panel is some serious deep :censored2:.

Whereistheunion

I don’t think they can use telematics as a true dishonesty factor..too many glitches. I’m sure they observed him without his seatbelt on at all and OP lied saying it was around back = TERMINATED
✊🧔
Yeah, that's likely how it went. I've not worn my seat 1 time for 3 minutes because it was broken drove from terminal to automotive my ass was wiggling and sliding felt like I was going to fly through the windshield for a quarter mile. Don't understand how a person can ride around all day like that. UNLESS YOU'RE USE TO IT.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
Bro. NEVER drive without a seatbelt. I have been in several car accidents in my life and here I am typing about it. Why? Because I wore the damn seatbelt. I really don’t get involved with how other drivers do the job if they want to take shortcuts or do everything by the book. But failing to wear the seatbelt is really dumb.

11.19igrad

holy s---