Termination

Gmo55

I’ll try to keep this short and simple. Looking for anyone that knows of a similar situation I’m currently involved in. I was caught not wearing my seatbelt (it was clicked on behind me, not around my waist) I was handed a letter of termination for dishonesty. Currently waiting to sit in front of a panel to discuss my future with the company. Been with UPS for 14 years (10 as a pre loader, 4 as a driver. Do I have any shot at getting my job back?

I’ll try to keep this short and simple. Looking for anyone that knows of a similar situation I’m currently involved in. I was caught not wearing my seatbelt (it was clicked on behind me, not around my waist) I was handed a letter of termination for dishonesty. Currently waiting to sit in front of a panel to discuss my future with the company. Been with UPS for 14 years (10 as a pre loader, 4 as a driver. Do I have any shot at getting my job back?
Dude I'm not going to jump on you but why would you do something like that?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Lemme guess you’re a runner gunner that has to be off by 5 everyday aren’t you
Don’t lie it’ll only make things worse

it’s dumbasses like you that friend* things up for everybody else

oldngray

nowhere special
Grovel. You might get your job back but they easily have grounds to fire you for good. You might get your job back but pretty much a crap shoot.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Why didnt you just admit you weren’t wearing the seatbelt at all so you could dash out of the truck. You lied saying you had it around your back and got canned...let this be a lesson to all you runners out there!
✊🧔

textat3

Be prepared to be out of work for a long time. A UPS driver was killed in a crash and wasn’t wearing a seatbelt either earlier this year. They do not want the same to happen to you. They want to make an example out of you. Why would you risk your life for a any company, especially UPS? They won’t be at your funeral brother. If you get your job back, change your ways permanently. Doing this job the right way will cause friction in your life, with your coworkers, family and supervision. It is the only way to do it though and make it out safely. Some never learn. A driver in out center has had back surgery that almost left him paralyzed, wrecked...I mean totaled a brand new truck, had about 20 other crashes through the years and still runs 3 hrs of bonus everyday. I wish you well and hope you get your job back. I also hope you change your ways. UPS just saved a your life.

Rack em

Made the Podium
You realize telematics show when the seat belt is buckled and unbuckled right? They can see that it wasn't ever being unbuckled...

I think you will get your job back after an unpaid leave of absence due to your time of service. That is if you have a pretty clean record until this incident.

textat3

Be prepared to be out of work for a long time. A UPS driver was killed in a crash and wasn’t wearing a seatbelt either earlier this year. They do not want the same to happen to you. They want to make an example out of you. Why would you risk your life for a any company, especially UPS? They won’t be at your funeral brother. If you get your job back, change your ways permanently. Doing this job the right way will cause friction in your life, with your coworkers, family and supervision. It is the only way to do it though and make it out safely. Some never learn. A driver in out center has had back surgery that almost left him paralyzed, wrecked...I mean totaled a brand new truck, had about 20 other crashes through the years and still runs 3 hrs of bonus everyday. I wish you well and hope you get your job back. I also hope you change your ways. UPS just saved your life.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
You realize telematics show when the seat belt is buckled and unbuckled right? They can see that it wasn't ever being unbuckled...

I think you will get your job back after an unpaid leave of absence due to your time of service. That is if you have a pretty clean record until this incident.
My truck always has the seatbelt light on lol
✊🧔

Box Ox

I’ll try to keep this short and simple. Looking for anyone that knows of a similar situation I’m currently involved in. I was caught not wearing my seatbelt (it was clicked on behind me, not around my waist)
tenor.gif

Gmo55

Why didnt you just admit you weren’t wearing the seatbelt at all so you could dash out of the truck. You lied saying you had it around your back and got canned...let this be a lesson to all you runners out there!
✊🧔
I did. I was being observed by 2 supervisors and they approached me. Didn’t lie. Didn’t try to make it worse. Just owned up to it. I’m aware it was an incredibly dumb thing to do but It literally has nothing to do with running. Just did it temporarily in a specific area cuz for the first time in 4 years. I left the building at 10:15 am cuz I was in a meeting earlier. Just tried to make up a little time getting 20 stops out of the way where there was no traffic at all. Like none whatsoever. Still not a good enough excuse, I know

I did. I was being observed by 2 supervisors and they approached me. Didn’t lie. Didn’t try to make it worse. Just owned up to it. I’m aware it was an incredibly dumb thing to do but It literally has nothing to do with running. Just did it temporarily in a specific area cuz for the first time in 4 years. I left the building at 10:15 am cuz I was in a meeting earlier. Just tried to make up a little time getting 20 stops out of the way where there was no traffic at all. Like none whatsoever. Still not a good enough excuse, I know
Nobody here is buying that excuse including your supervisor

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
how the hell didn’t you see two supervisors following you? I look behind the truck every stop. Two supervisors following you makes me think they are after you for other reasons as well.
✊🧔

Gmo55

how the hell didn’t you see two supervisors following you? I look behind the truck every stop. Two supervisors following you makes me think they are after you for other reasons as well.
✊🧔
Who said anything about them following me? Car was parked and they were observing me. Let me guess, u stare into every parked car cuz ur the worlds best ups driver lol gotta love the brotherhood amongst ups drivers. One of us reaches out for advice after admitting he fouled up bad and all u ignorant :censored2:s just start assuming