Terrorism on American Soil - Texas Massacre in the House of God

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Not much of a deterrent if no one knows you're carrying. Guns and gun culture are the problem. See every other civilized nation for evidence.
Perhaps those who carry should be required to wear a pin on their lapel (or walk with a swagger they wouldn't have otherwise.)
I know I for one don't carry as a deterrent or to play hero. You would never be able to tell that I have it on me, nor do I tell anyone. And I carry for me and only me should it absolutely come down to it for the safety of me or mine.

It will be fine

Perhaps those who carry should be required to wear a pin on their lapel (or walk with a swagger they wouldn't have otherwise.)
I think citizens should be able to own and carry whatever they want as long as they are members of a well regulated militia. Regular training, regular background checks, required public service, first called in case of a draft, etc. Beyond that the state should take all the guns and stop this nonsense.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I know I for one don't carry as a deterrent or to play hero. You would never be able to tell that I have it on me, nor do I tell anyone. And I carry for me and only me should it absolutely come down to it for the safety of me or mine.

Just curious and not trying to be a smartass at all but would you be liable if you did decide to play hero and missed?

bbsam

Staff member
I think citizens should be able to own and carry whatever they want as long as they are members of a well regulated militia. Regular training, regular background checks, required public service, first called in case of a draft, etc. Beyond that the state should take all the guns and stop this nonsense.
I think mandatory service would be a good place to get that training.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Texas church shooting: Gunman kills at least 27 people | Daily Mail Online

A LinkedIn account which appears to be Kelley's states that he joined the US Air Force after graduating New Braunfels High School in 2009. He worked in logistics and supply in the Air Force until he was dishonorably discharged in 2014 and was even court martialed in May 2014, CBS News reported.

He then volunteered as a teacher for Bible studies at Kingsville First Baptist Church, according to his LinkedIn which shows him posing which a young child.

460E398B00000578-5052163-image-a-10_1509923283310.jpg

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Not much of a deterrent if no one knows you're carrying.
Are you kidding me? If I'm open carrying, I'm the first one to get shot. End of threat for the bad guy. I'd rather have the bad guy have to guess and have doubt in his mind if he will die for his actions. If someone tries to kill someone around me, whether it be my family, or even a stranger, I want it to be a suprise party when I use lethal force.

Last edited: