The 2024 Presidential Race Thread

Thebrownblob

That’s fine, he can try to get a bond company or another third party to put up the money or have liens put against his businesses. His choice.
I think we’ve already heard there is no such thing as a bond company that would give that kind of bond you’re asking for something that is unconscionable, every expert says it’s impossible in the current market situation, but OK if that makes you feel better. Trump is a lot of things but this is ridiculous. I’ll say the same thing I’ve already said the only thing this nonsense is doing is making him stronger and more sympathetic to people who may have not even voted for him before.

vantexan

That’s fine, he can try to get a bond company or another third party to put up the money or have liens put against his businesses. His choice.
No one is loaning that kind of money in this market. And if he sells he won't get anywhere near fair market value. So the NY AG has him over a barrel. This will ultimately bite New York. Who is going to risk big investments there with a punitive state government?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
No one is loaning that kind of money in this market. And if he sells he won't get anywhere near fair market value. So the NY AG has him over a barrel. This will ultimately bite New York. Who is going to risk big investments there with a punitive state government?
He’s taking Truth social public on Monday he’ll be flush with cash in a few days

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
IMG_7593.jpeg

The MAGAs are all getting there credit cards out. So they can contribute to Orange Jesus Grift

vantexan

Cue world’s smallest violin
Oh I know how much you're loving this. Did you notice how Kathy Hochul ran out to assure the business community that this was a one time thing and that they had nothing to worry about? So pretty much they could continue to do exactly what Trump did without the state going after them. So she publicly admitted this was about getting Trump. Only now real estate developers looking at multimillion dollar investments may be hesitant to invest. They're saying so. New York has been losing quite a few wealthy individuals. So much so that both the recent governors and NYC mayors have been openly asking them to reconsider leaving. Why? NY has a big welfare state that needs the wealthy tax base. But guess what? You tax people to death, then start putting serious criminals right back on the street where many go right back out and commit felonies, even murder, people decide it's no longer worth it to them. They worry about their families. Now they see the state target their political enemies and ream them financially. Do you think that reassures people sitting on the fence about leaving or staying? You guys like to gloss over Democratic policies. But the two biggest welfare states, California and New York, are seeing the wealthy leave in ever greater numbers. You think all the immigrants being brought in illegally are going to make up the difference? These people need to be supported. New York has less people than Florida now but twice the budget. Where are people moving to? Not New York. People vote with their pocketbooks. These are just my fantasies I like to indulge in. Thought I'd save you the trouble.

Next Day Err

Trump will pull a rabbit out of a hat and he’ll somehow skirt accountability or someone will pay his way. It’s fun to imagine him squirm though.

Next Day Err

I think we’ve already heard there is no such thing as a bond company that would give that kind of bond you’re asking for something that is unconscionable, every expert says it’s impossible in the current market situation, but OK if that makes you feel better. Trump is a lot of things but this is ridiculous. I’ll say the same thing I’ve already said the only thing this nonsense is doing is making him stronger and more sympathetic to people who may have not even voted for him before.
Meh, he was held civilly liable in a state court of law for fraud. I don’t feel in the least bit bad for the :censored2:er. We should all celebrate fraudsters getting cold cocked.