The 2024 Presidential Race Thread

Thebrownblob

“No evidence has ever emerged to suggest that Pence intentionally hid documents from the government or even knew they were in his home,”
Maybe he deserved the pass I don’t know.

Can Biden say the same thing?

Not even close..

“But to some national security experts, the disclosure that Biden told his ghostwriter that he discovered classified documents in his Virginia home in 2017 — with no indication he returned them — was unexpected and troubling. So was the revelation that Biden disclosed classified information to the ghostwriter on at least three occasions, and that he stored notebooks full of state secrets in unlocked drawers in his home office.

They said a senior government official like Biden should be held to a higher ethical standard than whether a jury would convict him of a felony.”

Biden knew, and willfully kept them for years and then was a hypocrite and said Trump was being reckless. While the whole time he was also being reckless.

Yep, no hypocrisy here at all..😂

HarryWarden

“No evidence has ever emerged to suggest that Pence intentionally hid documents from the government or even knew they were in his home,”
Maybe he deserved the pass I don’t know.

Can Biden say the same thing?

Not even close..

“But to some national security experts, the disclosure that Biden told his ghostwriter that he discovered classified documents in his Virginia home in 2017 — with no indication he returned them — was unexpected and troubling. So was the revelation that Biden disclosed classified information to the ghostwriter on at least three occasions, and that he stored notebooks full of state secrets in unlocked drawers in his home office.

They said a senior government official like Biden should be held to a higher ethical standard than whether a jury would convict him of a felony.”

Biden knew, and willfully kept them for years and then was a hypocrite and said Trump was being reckless. While the whole time he was also being reckless.

Yep, no hypocrisy here at all..😂
You keep ignoring a very simple fact. When Pence and Biden were asked for the documents, they gave them back

When trump was asked for the documents, he lied, he stalled, he delayed, he gave them back and hid some more and lied some more

Again, a TRUMP APPOINTED REPUBLICAN SPECIAL COUNSEL said the cases were different. The fbi raided trump. They don’t do that Willy nilly.

Another thing you keep ignoring, trump is on tape showing and flaunting the classified documents to visitors without clearance. He said on tape that he knows he should have declassified them but he didn't

Thebrownblob

You keep ignoring a very simple fact. When Pence and Biden were asked for the documents, they gave them back

When trump was asked for the documents, he lied, he stalled, he delayed, he gave them back and hid some more and lied some more

Again, a TRUMP APPOINTED REPUBLICAN SPECIAL COUNSEL said the cases were different. The fbi raided trump. They don’t do that Willy nilly.

Another thing you keep ignoring, trump is on tape showing and flaunting the classified documents to visitors without clearance. He said on tape that he knows he should have declassified them but he didn't
Actually, I’m not ignoring it at all. I’m pointing out the fact that Joe Biden kept those documents knowing he shouldn’t have them for years so you’re saying it’s OK to break the law but when you’re caught saying hey, I’m sorry about that here they are?

I wonder how that would work for you and me?

And why do you keep accusing me of ignoring what Trump did I said throw him in jail you just can’t get past this fact of partisanship can you?

Matter of fact, put Joe and Donald in the same cell and put it on pay-per-view I’ll pay for it!!

vantexan

Are you under the impression that giving them back when asked gives Biden and Pence immunity from any crimes they may have committed? Biden had documents in at least 4 locations and dated as far back as 1994. It's not only a matter of him having them, but also why he had them. Questions we'll never know the answers to.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Because there is no question about whether they had a right to have them.
They were in negotiations about which belonged to him and which belonged to the archives. Presidents have a right to documents.

You really seem to be very misinformed.

Brown Down

Actually, I’m not ignoring it at all. I’m pointing out the fact that Joe Biden kept those documents knowing he shouldn’t have them for years so you’re saying it’s OK to break the law but when you’re caught saying hey, I’m sorry about that here they are?

And why do you keep accusing me of ignoring what Trump did I said throw him in jail you just can’t get past this fact of partisanship can you?

Matter of fact, put Joe and Donald in the same cell and put it on pay-per-view I’ll pay for it!!
This right here too many people think you have to be on the left or you have to be on the right or you have to only think one is guilty. Throw them both in jail they both deserve it or neither and leave them both alone. Only go after one he's going down a very slippery slope that unfortunately has already started in the last 8 years. It is not recommended to keep going down it. But unfortunately too many people are one side or the other and are too blind deaf and dumb to see past their party affiliation.

Thebrownblob

This right here too many people think you have to be on the left or you have to be on the right or you have to only think one is guilty. Throw them both in jail they both deserve it or neither and leave them both alone. Only go after one he's going down a very slippery slope that unfortunately has already started in the last 8 years. It is not recommended to keep going down it. But unfortunately too many people are one side or the other and are too blind deaf and dumb to see past their party affiliation.
Correct because he’s not asking for the rule of law he’s asking for political retribution if he doesn’t agree with that. I’m not done with political retribution on either side.

HarryWarden

It’s a pretty common thing that happens. That’s why it all happened with pence and Biden and trump. It’s happened with probably every president before. You bring stuff home, eventually they say “hey that stuff is actually ours we need it back” and it gets given back

The only difference is trump lied and hid and stalled. And showed it to other people. And bragged about it. And even the level of classification of documents he had was much different.

Again, there was a reason the fbi raided him. There is a reason the trump appointed Republican special counsel said what trump did was much worse

Basically you’re saying it’s a huge conspiracy against trump, and the fbi raided him was in on it and the Republican special counsel

Brown Down

It’s a pretty common thing that happens. That’s why it all happened with pence and Biden and trump. It’s happened with probably every president before. You bring stuff home, eventually they say “hey that stuff is actually ours we need it back” and it gets given back

The only difference is trump lied and hid and stalled. And showed it to other people. And bragged about it. And even the level of classification of documents he had was much different.

Again, there was a reason the fbi raided him. There is a reason the trump appointed Republican special counsel said what trump did was much worse

Basically you’re saying it’s a huge conspiracy against trump, and the fbi raided him was in on it and the Republican special counsel
That's one difference The other one being Biden should have never have had those documents before he was vice president and yet somehow he did. Bad in itself is illegal you are refusing to address that part. Should Trump have given up the documents? Sure absolutely and then fought at a different way. But it's the same time jupited and shouldn't have had most if not all of the documents he had and that is the problem that at least I'm arguing about. If you're going to go after Trump about classified documents that he shouldn't have had then you also have to go after biting for classified documents he shouldn't have had.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
That's one difference The other one being Biden should have never have had those documents before he was vice president and yet somehow he did. Bad in itself is illegal you are refusing to address that part. Should Trump have given up the documents? Sure absolutely and then fought at a different way. But it's the same time jupited and shouldn't have had most if not all of the documents he had and that is the problem that at least I'm arguing about. If you're going to go after Trump about classified documents that he shouldn't have had then you also have to go after biting for classified documents he shouldn't have had.
Biden had absolutely no authority to have classified documents, period, end of story. Trump had the authority to declassify anything. Smarten up.

Thebrownblob

Gotcha, you still have your hypocritical stance. It’s cool you do you. You and I both know Biden knew he should not have those and he kept them for years knowingly. You can pretend that doesn’t matter, but it just shows exactly what you are and where your mindset is.

But in reality what I’d really like to do is let all this petty nonsense get put to the side and let these two jokers run against each other in November because apparently these two old farts are the best we have to offer in America.

UnionStrong

Gotcha, you still have your hypocritical stance. It’s cool you do you. You and I both know Biden knew he should not have those and he kept them for years knowingly. You can pretend that doesn’t matter, but it just shows exactly what you are and where your mindset is.

But in reality what I’d really like to do is let all this petty nonsense get put to the side and let these two jokers run against each other in November because apparently these two old farts are the best we have to offer in America.
Apparently

Thebrownblob

Biden had absolutely no authority to have classified documents, period, end of story. Trump had the authority to declassify anything. Smarten up.
Pretty much pointless talking to him he has his mind made up because he will only look through it through the eyes of a leftist. Doesn’t matter that his side was just as wrong if not more.. knowingly and willfully ignored the law. When he got caught, he said I’m sorry about that. That’s what all thieves do isn’t it?
They are sorry they got caught.

Trump’s thing is he doesn’t think he’s wrong because he thinks being president gives him the right to declassify them and apparently there’s some truth to what he says to what degree I’m not sure I’m not a legal scholar, but obviously he’s not in jail and my guess is he probably won’t go to jail.

HarryWarden

Trump had the authority to declassify anything. Smarten up.
But he didn’t. And he bragged about it. It’s on tape.

And some of the documents involving nuclear weapon information are not able to be declassified, even by the president

“Some secrets, such as information related to nuclear weapons, are handled separately under a specific statutory scheme that Congress has adopted under the Atomic Energy Act. Those secrets cannot be automatically declassified by the president alone and require, by law, extensive consultation with executive branch agencies.”

HarryWarden

Pretty much pointless talking to him he has his mind made up because he will only look through it through the eyes of a leftist. Doesn’t matter that his side was just as wrong if not more.. knowingly and willfully ignored the law. When he got caught, he said I’m sorry about that. That’s what all thieves do isn’t it?

Trump’s thing is he doesn’t think he’s wrong because he thinks being president gives him the right to declassify them and apparently there’s some truth to what he says to what degree I’m not sure I’m not a legal scholar, but obviously he’s not in jail and my guess is he probably won’t go to jail.
Notice how triggered you are getting over me saying the cases are different, but you continually ignore and are silent on driveindriveout saying the same thing?

UnionStrong

The president, and only the president, can declassify anything he wants. Don’t fall for the ambiguity of the left. Trump did nothing wrong. The Effa B eye had to stage photos to make it look bad.

HarryWarden

The president, and only the president, can declassify anything he wants. Don’t fall for the ambiguity of the left. Trump did nothing wrong. The Effa B eye had to stage photos to make it look bad.
No, you are wrong, not for the documents trump had

“Some secrets, such as information related to nuclear weapons, are handled separately under a specific statutory scheme that Congress has adopted under the Atomic Energy Act. Those secrets cannot be automatically declassified by the president alone and require, by law, extensive consultation with executive branch agencies.”