The amount UPS paid for my health insurance dropped by $11000.00 from 2013 to 2014

bbsam

Staff member
That doesn't make it right. That money first had to be taken away from others before it could be welfare money.
What makes it "right" is that we live in a representative democracy and as a nation we have decided to do so. You disagreeing with it does not make it wrong.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
What makes it "right" is that we live in a representative democracy and as a nation we have decided to do so. You disagreeing with it does not make it wrong.
We'll see what the Rubublicans say about that in 2017 when they control both the house and Senate (with bigger majorities) and the presiddncy.

realbrown1

Who would protect us if there was no welfare.
You need welfare?

Besides I am not calling for ENDING welfare. Just impose a 2 year life time cap on being able to recieve welfare per adult.
Simple premise really. I calll it the get up off the couch and get a job plan.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Are you guys covered under a Teamster's controlled health and welfare plan? One of the reasons that it is not stated on your W-2 under the DD designation block, you should be asking just how much is going annually into your H/W plan for accountability reasons.

Sent using BrownCafe App

As long as I am able to go to the doctor as needed why would I care how much is going in my H&W plan on an annual basis?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This is not true. UPS is still paying our health insurance premiums, they just are not administering the plan.

UPS contributes to our H&W funds based upon hours worked. The Union then goes out and finds the best healthcare coverage for the buck. Our local plan is administered by Excellus BC/BS and the last time I checked had an 18 month surplus.

jbg77

The old health insurance is much better than our current however pre UPS insurance i was paying 1200 a month from my employer with $40 co pays sooo....not so bad in comparison

You need welfare?

Besides I am not calling for ENDING welfare. Just impose a 2 year life time cap on being able to recieve welfare per adult.
Simple premise really. I calll it the get up off the couch and get a job plan.
Me no. There are people that will always need welfare. I like your two year limit but in reality there will always be people who will work the system. Just like there is always going to be people who are born and don't want to work. Giving these people welfare keeps them from going hungry and coming and trying to take stuff from us. A hungry person is very capable of taking things from you. Welfare is kinda an insurance program for you and I.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

The ACA, Obamacare, is the door to single payer. Eventually that may be modestly good for most Americans. What is certain is that it will be a windfall for corporate America.
Not even close. Politicians didn't make this bill, insurance companies did. Obama went into it wanting a single payer. But when the politicians found all the money that could come their way by keeping insurance companies in the game they ran and asked them what should be done.
We'll see what the Rubublicans say about that in 2017 when they control both the house and Senate (with bigger majorities) and the presiddncy.
Republicans need to come a little more into the 21st century before any of that ever happens.
The old health insurance is much better than our current however pre UPS insurance i was paying 1200 a month from my employer with $40 co pays sooo....not so bad in comparison
Most places you pay up the butt for insurance. There are so many complaints about insurance by employees here. When in reality it's a great deal.

realbrown1

Me no. There are people that will always need welfare. I like your two year limit but in reality there will always be people who will work the system. Just like there is always going to be people who are born and don't want to work. Giving these people welfare keeps them from going hungry and coming and trying to take stuff from us. A hungry person is very capable of taking things from you. Welfare is kinda an insurance program for you and I.
It also give a lot of free time to breed. And those children bred into a welfare lifestyle usually end up stealing. Look at Ferguson for a good example of that.

Last edited:

10 point

Do you mean that we'd all need conceal/carry if they shut off the welfare checks?

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Just got my W-2 for 2014 and compared it to my W-2 from 2013.

In 2013 UPS paid $19,699.00 for my family's health insurance premiums.
In 2014 UPS paid $8,693.90 for my family's heath insurance premiums.

Same 5 members in my family. Sounds like UPS made out good.

How much did you pay?

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Just got my W-2 for 2014 and compared it to my W-2 from 2013.

In 2013 UPS paid $19,699.00 for my family's health insurance premiums.
In 2014 UPS paid $8,693.90 for my family's heath insurance premiums.

Same 5 members in my family. Sounds like UPS made out good.
Should we assume then, that the ACA saved your employer $11,000 per year on health insurance premiums all the while enjoying about the same amount of coverage? Just what Obama promised, that health insurance costs would go down. Probably got to keep the same doctor also.

realbrown1

Should we assume then, that the ACA saved your employer $11,000 per year on health insurance premiums all the while enjoying about the same amount of coverage? Just what Obama promised, that health insurance costs would go down. Probably got to keep the same doctor also.
I didn't assume anything. I just stated a fact.
Truth is, on this issue I am not sure what's going on. It's all new.
But I don't think I would give credit to Obama care since UPS was scared right out of providing health care insurance for us. Now they just pay someone else to cover us.