The amount UPS paid for my health insurance dropped by $11000.00 from 2013 to 2014

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
I didn't assume anything. I just stated a fact.
Truth is, on this issue I am not sure what's going on. It's all new.
But I don't think I would give credit to Obama care since UPS was scared right out of providing health care insurance for us. Now they just pay someone else to cover us.

Insurance that you pay nothing for. That's the correct answer for my original question.

Future

Victory Ride
obamadaddymoney1.jpg

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Insurance that you pay nothing for. That's the correct answer for my original question.
Go back and read the 1st post in this thread. Read the thread title too. Do you see and complaining in those? My only complaint is that our new insurance is only ALMOST AS GOOD AS WHAT'S WE HAD and in the last year of the contract, we start paying deductibles.
Let me guess, you were a YES voter.

realbrown1

Actually your post title assumed UPS paid $11K less per member for H&W coverage, when in reality that didn't happen. You stated an erroneous opinion, not a fact.
No, it's a fact that UPS paid $11k less. Everything they pay toward our health coverage has to be put on our W-2's.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
No, it's a fact that UPS paid $11k less. Everything they pay toward our health coverage has to be put on our W-2's.
Then I guess that UPS has paid nothing toward my healthcare coverage last year since my W-2 shows zero.

In reality for your situation, UPS paid $8694 up until you were switched over to Teamcare. Then you would have to check your local rider to determine the contributions UPS paid your Health & welfare Fund each week. Muliply those weekly contributions times the number of weeks for the balance of the year.
Take the $8694 and add those contributions and you have the total UPS paid for the whole year.

Inthegame

Then I guess that UPS has paid nothing toward my healthcare coverage last year since my W-2 shows zero.

In reality for your situation, UPS paid $8694 up until you were switched over to Teamcare. Then you would have to check your local rider to determine the contributions UPS paid your Health & welfare Fund each week. Muliply those weekly contributions times the number of weeks for the balance of the year.
Take the $8694 and add those contributions and you have the total UPS paid for the whole year.
Now you went and spoiled his shallow conspiracy theory by using logic and reasoning. Oh well...you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him think...

10 point

I posted my ballot a while back. Bubbles might recall it.
Where's Bubbles?
It's just the way this contract was handled that makes everything suspect.
Save all the energy you can for the 2016 elections.
Hopefully it'll bring change in transparency and respect for dues paying members.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

They've already took both houses of Congress, in case you haven't noticed.
Perhaps it is you that are living in the past.
There is always a disconnect between Congress and the White House. People put a lot more into learning about the president than they do about Congress. If they did it equally we wouldn't have a Congressional approval rating that hovers around 10%.

I'm not living in the past. It's the truth. If they keep running 70 year old candidates who are about 6 seconds from having a coronary they aren't going to win the white house.
We pay a lot for this insurance - often with long hours and/or unusual hours, a lot of hard work and even more BS.
So do a lot of people. My colleagues at my previous job spend months on the road away from their families making about what a driver would make in a year, and they pay up the butt for insurance, out of pocket. UPS is different in a lot of aspects. But we don't have the market cornered on hard work and BS.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Then exactly what is your issue here?
You and I both voted NO. We both got put into inferior insurance despite UPS making over $4.4 billion in profits.
I just pointed out that UPS reported over $11K less reported on my W-2. And you come after me like I some SCAB. Forget you.
Where is your picture of your ballot?

realbrown1

Where is your picture of your ballot?
I was on here for months arguing for a NO vote. I had major arguments with stink and 407 over it. Besides, I don't have to prove how I voted to anyone on here.
But, just for you photog.
2013-06-03_21-02-18_575.jpg

Last edited: