The Big Reveal

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
A few months ago, FedEx was in the news bigly as a "Bellwether of Recession" because various targets weren't being met etc. At first, the media went along with it, but within days various financial entities were saying "wait a minute", indicating that the financial problems at FedEx weren't due to a declining economy, but MISMANAGEMENT.

Finally!! The financial world gets it!! First, Raj pumps up the stock with some shenanigans, and then the bottom falls out. Oops!! Maybe you'd better work on actually running the operation instead of creating phony "value". Numerous pundits and financial experts piled on, stating the obvious; that FedEx had created it's own issues and that overall, the economy was strong. Some went as far as suggesting FedEx actually pay living, competitive wages, and to correct the obvious operational boondoggles that were festering due to long-term disorganization,poor business practices, and a failure to adequately service customers. Bravo!!

I'm am enjoying watching a continuous huge fail, that just continues to get worse every single day. The folks I talk with say that almost every location can't keep people for more than a few months, and that critical ops aren't being staffed. I'm aware of several failed ventures where CTV stations that were constant delay generators finally got a ramp and an airplane, only to have them close due to an inability to staff the operation. They had the facility, the aircraft, and the freight, but nobody to work it. It is simply delicious! I hope that Fat Freddy is thinking about pulling the plug on his new boy.

They will NEVER learn that people won't do this kind of work for peanuts any longer because there are many better alternatives out there. Being cheap and treating people like crap while creating a PSP charade just isn't working. The LIE has finally run it's course.

Good luck, Raj. You will need it. Abandon ship before the sucking vortex takes you down with it. Get that Class A. let them train you, and then LEAVE. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Last edited:

bacha29

A few months ago, FedEx was in the news bigly as a "Bellwether of Recession" because various targets weren't being met etc. At first, the media went along with it, but within days various financial entities were saying "wait a minute", indicating that the financial problems at FedEx weren't due to a declining economy, but MISMANAGEMENT.

Finally!! The financial world gets it!! First, Raj pumps up the stock with some shenanigans, and then the bottom falls out. Oops!! Maybe you'd better work on actually running the operation instead of creating phony "value". Numerous pundits and financial experts piled on, stating the obvious; that FedEx had created it's own issues and that overall, the economy was strong. Some went as far as suggesting FedEx actually pay living, competitive wages, and to correct the obvious operational boondoggles that were festering due to long-term disorganization,poor business practices, and a failure to adequately service customers. Bravo!!

I'm am enjoying watching a continuous huge fail, that just continues to get worse every single day. The folks I talk with say that almost every location can't keep people for more than a few months, and that critical ops aren't being staffed. I'm aware of several failed ventures where CTV stations that were constant delay generators finally got a ramp and an airplane, only to have them close due to an inability to staff the operation. They had the facility, the aircraft, and the freight, but nobody to work it. It is simply delicious! I hope that Fat Freddy is thinking about pulling the plug on his new boy.

They will NEVER learn that people won't do this kind of work for peanuts any longer because there are many better alternatives out there. Being cheap and treating people like crap while creating a PSP charade just isn't working. The LIE has finally run it's course.

Good luck, Raj. You will need it. Abandon ship before the sucking vortex takes you down with it. Get that Class A. let them train you, and then LEAVE. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
Next Tuesday 12-20 Q2 earnings report is due out. It will be the first indication of whether or not the cost cutting is paying off , refining operations in a way that will produce better margins over a sustained period of time or if it's just window dressing, producing temporary short term benefits. Now that Raj is doing Fat Freddy's bidding we'll have to see if he's a master spin doctor or just an ordinary Joe spin doctor. Analysists will be looking for any contradiction or embellishment of the numbers. If they find anything that isn't backed with facts and evidence old Raj is going to get the red squirrel treatment from the analysists.

zeev

The best post ever sums it up totally. The FedEx lie has come home to roost. They are planning a slaughter at Express , document record, and leave.

Gone fishin

In a few years everyone will be fedex employees , one truck one area. Build back the brand with great pay and benefits will bring quality workers back. I think contractors will have the opportunity to manage or drive. If this doesn’t happen I can see fedex sold or becoming another city dash

bacha29

In a few years everyone will be fedex employees , one truck one area. Build back the brand with great pay and benefits will bring quality workers back. I think contractors will have the opportunity to manage or drive. If this doesn’t happen I can see fedex sold or becoming another city dash
Don't be surprised if the attempt to consolidate Express and Ground while still holding onto their RLA fails Ground gets spun off into a completely separate company while Express goes back to being Express.

fedx

Extra Large Package
Don't be surprised if the attempt to consolidate Express and Ground while still holding onto their RLA fails Ground gets spun off into a completely separate company while Express goes back to being Express.

Wouldn't some people in upper management at Express have already thought about this? There's no way they would merge the two companies only to have to separate them again down the road. They can't be that incompetent. I know they are incompetent, but not that incompetent. They would have had to already talked with the government about their merger plans and the government said they could keep their RLA status. They couldn't roll out something this big without thinking it through. Either that or they just figure sending it all to Ground they won't have to worry about RLA since they will be using contractors and that will be on the contractors to deal with unions.

bacha29

Wouldn't some people in upper management at Express have already thought about this? There's no way they would merge the two companies only to have to separate them again down the road. They can't be that incompetent. I know they are incompetent, but not that incompetent. They would have had to already talked with the government about their merger plans and the government said they could keep their RLA status. They couldn't roll out something this big without thinking it through. Either that or they just figure sending it all to Ground they won't have to worry about RLA since they will be using contractors and that will be on the contractors to deal with unions.
The ongoing effort to cut costs, improve margins and placate impatient activist investors ASAP using the limited tools and time available to it leads one to believe that the prospect of a court challenge to their RLA exemption is not something they are going to worry about right now.

With contractors economically enslaved to them management appears set to fully capitalize on that enslavement by setting out to demand still greater value from contractors under terms that are even more favorable to management.

Gone fishin

I think they understand that contractors aren’t the answer. That model is antiquated in today’s workforce. People are demanding more , healthcare , sick days , vacations , retirement funds , good pay.
There’s a reason McDonald’s is paying 16 , 17 an hour and companies are constantly looking for workers. Today’s world and generation surely aren’t close to my generation of workers.
For Fedx to go forward I think they understand the situation and will make ground employees.
That’s just the common sense way I see it
You also have to worry about the government stepping in on contractors and benefits

yadig

I think they understand that contractors aren’t the answer. That model is antiquated in today’s workforce. People are demanding more , healthcare , sick days , vacations , retirement funds , good pay.
There’s a reason McDonald’s is paying 16 , 17 an hour and companies are constantly looking for workers. Today’s world and generation surely aren’t close to my generation of workers.
For Fedx to go forward I think they understand the situation and will make ground employees.
You also have to worry about the government stepping in on contractors and benefits
The government could pass a bill and screw things up for FedEx’s use of contractors. In the meantime they are going to move forward with the cheap ground model.

AB831

Weird. The last Front Line video I watched before I left said that Fedex is one of the most respected and/or best companies to work for in the world? You mean to tell me that was just propaganda and not rooted in reality?

bacha29

The government could pass a bill and screw things up for FedEx’s use of contractors. In the meantime they are going to move forward with the cheap ground model.
For as long as it lasts. How long that will be is anyone's guess. Once again it comes back to the basic purpose of using them. They exist for 2 reasons and 2 reasons only. One is to supply FDX with trucking and labor at the a cost that is among if not the lowest in the industry and to serve as a firewall against the incursion of a union represented workforce. All of which is being done despite X having made it abundantly clear that it is NOT in the business of creating enterprise value for third party entities.

Now if enough people are still willing to do Fat Freddy's dirty work for what he's willing to pay then ground will continue to limp along. Probably the biggest challenge facing contractors when it comes to fulfilling Fat Freddy's demands will continue to be manpower.

The US birth rate is the currently quite low including last year when the US birth rate was the lowest since 1930. Combined with low pay and minimal to zero benefits lugging boxes for a contractor will continue to be transitional short term employment. here today....gone tomorrow.

bacha29

Weird. The last Front Line video I watched before I left said that Fedex is one of the most respected and/or best companies to work for in the world? You mean to tell me that was just propaganda and not rooted in reality?
The producers of that video were graduates of Joseph Goebbels University and majored in public deception and misrepresentation .

AB831

That’s unfortunately not how the company thinks. Their goal is to have their workers and/or contractors do as much as possible for as little as possible. Fat Freddy and his henchman subscribe to the pre-Henry Ford philosophy of “work 100 hours a week, and you’ll have a shiny nickel to take home with you.” They’ve been able to get away with it for so long because of the brainwashing they’ve been able to successfully use to manipulate their long-time employees into thinking they’re the recipients of some kind of good deal. I can’t tell you how many times I heard guys say “yeah, this is bulls@!t, but where else are you going to go to make such and such.” It bordered on Stockholm Syndrome. “Yeah, I’m missing Johnny‘s game tonight, but it‘s not like I’m going to just go start over with seniority someplace else.”

The problem is they’ve overplayed their hand and anyone who can retire or quit is doing so, while the generation who is supposed to replace them refuses to do backbreaking labor for peanuts. It’s a perfect storm, and they can either do what you said or go under. And history tells us that Fedex usually waits until a year or two too late before admitting a mistake, if they do at all. The lie has run its course.

Aquaman

That’s unfortunately not how the company thinks. Their goal is to have their workers and/or contractors do as much as possible for as little as possible. Fat Freddy and his henchman subscribe to the pre-Henry Ford philosophy of “work 100 hours a week, and you’ll have a shiny nickel to take home with you.” They’ve been able to get away with it for so long because of the brainwashing they’ve been able to successfully use to manipulate their long-time employees into thinking they’re the recipients of some kind of good deal. I can’t tell you how many times I heard guys say “yeah, this is bulls@!t, but where else are you going to go to make such and such.” It bordered on Stockholm Syndrome. “Yeah, I’m missing Johnny‘s game tonight, but it‘s not like I’m going to just go start over with seniority someplace else.”

The problem is they’ve overplayed their hand and anyone who can retire or quit is doing so, while the generation who is supposed to replace them refuses to do backbreaking labor for peanuts. It’s a perfect storm, and they can either do what you said or go under. And history tells us that Fedex usually waits until a year or two too late before admitting a mistake, if they do at all. The lie has run its course.
It doesn’t matter what the company does… we can’t compete with Amazon. Look around…. They have completely hi-jacked peak season. They’re the only site I’ve bought Christmas gifts from. You can’t beat it. Unlimited free 2-day shipping for 90% of items you need to buy. People don’t care about commit times… they don’t care about well trained drivers… they don’t care if they’re in uniforms. They don’t want to sign for packages. People just want their crap on their porch in 2 days. That. Is. It. And Amazon is doing that at a massive loss. They’re not trying to profit right now. They’re trying to monopolize residential deliveries. And they’ve all but done it. Express can do whatever dumb idea it comes up with. Fact is they can’t compete with a delivery service that is delivering its own product, with zero standards, underpaid & undertrained garbage employees… that customers are generally happy with. UPS is going to survive Amazon better than us because they dominate business to business. You can’t compete with Amazon. They can afford the losses… express can’t.

Gone fishin

It doesn’t matter what the company does… we can’t compete with Amazon. Look around…. They have completely hi-jacked peak season. They’re the only site I’ve bought Christmas gifts from. You can’t beat it. Unlimited free 2-day shipping for 90% of items you need to buy. People don’t care about commit times… they don’t care about well trained drivers… they don’t care if they’re in uniforms. They don’t want to sign for packages. People just want their crap on their porch in 2 days. That. Is. It. And Amazon is doing that at a massive loss. They’re not trying to profit right now. They’re trying to monopolize residential deliveries. And they’ve all but done it. Express can do whatever dumb idea it comes up with. Fact is they can’t compete with a delivery service that is delivering its own product, with zero standards, underpaid & undertrained garbage employees… that customers are generally happy with. UPS is going to survive Amazon better than us because they dominate business to business. You can’t compete with Amazon. They can afford the losses… express can’t.
That’s not reality. A guy this week had a car part coming from ground 2 days late. He can’t start his car. Another was leaving for Xmas to her sons house in Arkansas Friday. It was late. Why do you think people spend good money and don’t receive their items on time.
How about you order a steak and we’ll bring it out in 3 hours. They said , have a drink , it’ll be out soon.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
They’re not trying to profit right now. They’re trying to monopolize residential deliveries. And they’ve all but done it.
Tell me you don't know the definition of "monopoly" without telling me you don't know the definition of "monopoly."

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

Look who came out of the mothballs to deliver yet another "My network tells me of all sorts of horrible things that no one else can confirm but trust me, because this time I'm right" sermon!