The Big Reveal

El Morado Diablo

who do you know that has happened to lol

I know it happened years ago in Houston when they closed a station to save money. Employees were given a choice to work out of the other 2 stations in the area, relocate somewhere else, or terminate their employment with the company. Our former manager ended up working at both stations before transferring to our location.

lilwizbiz

I know it happened years ago in Houston when they closed a station to save money. Employees were given a choice to work out of the other 2 stations in the area, relocate somewhere else, or terminate their employment with the company. Our former manager ended up working at both stations before transferring to our location.
Probably a very small station if it’s even true anyway. Nobody’s getting relocated from one state to another state tho lmao. Everyone’s so over the top dramatic on these forums it’s jokes.

lilwizbiz

100% correct, if full time employees who are used to 45+ hours go down to 35 for extended period of time they find something else. Won't layoff but will pretty much push out the door.
Well it’s a recession it’s normal for hours to be cut. If you wanna resign that’s up to you. I’d much rather get 35 hours than 0 hours. Would I like it? No. Is it enough to pay the bills? Yes. Volume will pick up towards summer again anyway.

zeev

35 hours are not guaranteed nor is anything else with a Express, they have already said “last mile” will be moved to Ground look for Express to wage war on its employees.

El Morado Diablo

Probably a very small station if it’s even true anyway. Nobody’s getting relocated from one state to another state tho lmao. Everyone’s so over the top dramatic on these forums it’s jokes.

They make facility decisions all the time to save money. In the case I cited they had 3 locations in a metro area and closed one of them. You can say they did the best they could (or not) to accommodate the employees that were affected by the decision. I'm not suggesting they would do this corporate wide. I'm simply saying in a game of musical chairs someone is going to be left without a chair.

bacha29

They did it to a senior manager. The guy ended up having a stroke within 3 months and was out on long term disability. Came back for another two weeks or so and then retired. Fat Freddy wins again
The entire company has be running on reconstituted bull feces ( can't use the s word here) for quite some time. And when people get used to the smell that they don't even notice it after awhile.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I just call it like I see it. Unlike others, I am not on the nut-sack swinging one direction or the other.
Barney says it's hard to be purple, and it's obvious you understand. I've never swung on the nut sac (you spelled it wrong) as you described. I've been a consistent critic of FedEx and basically predicted much of what has happened over the last few years. Yes, you call it as you see it, but it seems to be through purple-tinted shades, and you called it wrong.

I hope you're happy with 32 hours a week or so. Barney would approve, and I'm sure you'll take it well like the good little employee that you are.

El Morado Diablo

I've had the same MD for years (2 stints, in 2 different districts). When he visited us last summer he talked about the cuts the company was planning on this year. He gave a brief synopsis of every slowdown FedEx has gone through since he had been with the company and how it had been handled. He basically tried to tell everyone there would be a hiring freeze, no one would be let go, etc. I talked with him 1-on-1 afterwards and said I appreciated him being honest with everyone but pointed out that the unsaid part was that losing people due to lack of hours was part of the equation. He just nodded in agreement.

What's been noticeable since then is that our station hasn't filled a single opening with a permanent position. They've been hiring casuals even though we're understaffed. It's just part of the plan to right-size the operation in relation to volume. So now we see who is willing to stick around for minimum hours and who decides it's time to find another job.

lilwizbiz

I've had the same MD for years (2 stints, in 2 different districts). When he visited us last summer he talked about the cuts the company was planning on this year. He gave a brief synopsis of every slowdown FedEx has gone through since he had been with the company and how it had been handled. He basically tried to tell everyone there would be a hiring freeze, no one would be let go, etc. I talked with him 1-on-1 afterwards and said I appreciated him being honest with everyone but pointed out that the unsaid part was that losing people due to lack of hours was part of the equation. He just nodded in agreement.

What's been noticeable since then is that our station hasn't filled a single opening with a permanent position. They've been hiring casuals even though we're understaffed. It's just part of the plan to right-size the operation in relation to volume. So now we see who is willing to stick around for minimum hours and who decides it's time to find another job.
They're still not laying anyone off tho. Yeah they will cut hours to bare minimums to "force" people out but if you stick it out through that you got a job for life. When you sign the dotted paper fully says on there that as a part time you are guaranteed 17.5 hours and they just cut your hours down to that, they're well within their rights to do that. Part timers are technically never supposed to work full time hours. Doesn't make sense to cry and moan about the company cutting hours to minimum amounts indicated on the contracts.

lilwizbiz

They did it to a senior manager. The guy ended up having a stroke within 3 months and was out on long term disability. Came back for another two weeks or so and then retired. Fat Freddy wins again
so one person out of what? 500k employees? Senior managers get moved all the time within the company you know this. That's part of their job and they get paid insane dough for it.

Gone fishin

I think a lot will depend on your station size. Obviously I think express is king due to the revenue it brings per package. In no way would I trust ground with ANY quality deliveries.
Full time routes will be essential for express to keep any kind of quality employees.
Just giving my two cents after 35 years of experience.

lilwizbiz

You are not guaranteed anything they can change the rules at anytime.
lol I mean you know that Fedex actually isn't the end all be all right? There are actually laws and state rules to make changes to full time and part time hours. In every state and country there are guaranteed hours for full and part time employees that companies must abide by no ifs ands or buts. Just cause fedex doesn't like it there's nothing they can do, it's the law. So no they can't change the rules about guaranteed hours unless they want major lawsuits.