The Big Reveal

It will be fine

lol I mean you know that Fedex actually isn't the end all be all right? There are actually laws and state rules to make changes to full time and part time hours. In every state and country there are guaranteed hours for full and part time employees that companies must abide by no ifs ands or buts. Just cause fedex doesn't like it there's nothing they can do, it's the law. So no they can't change the rules about guaranteed hours unless they want major lawsuits.
Lol. What are you talking about? I’ve never heard of a state law that guarantees work hours. You think the state can force companies to pay employees a minimum number of hours every week? That would destroy the labor market.

dezguy

lol I mean you know that Fedex actually isn't the end all be all right? There are actually laws and state rules to make changes to full time and part time hours. In every state and country there are guaranteed hours for full and part time employees that companies must abide by no ifs ands or buts. Just cause fedex doesn't like it there's nothing they can do, it's the law. So no they can't change the rules about guaranteed hours unless they want major lawsuits.
Why are you stating state law? You have already claimed you work in Canada...

Artee

Barney says it's hard to be purple, and it's obvious you understand. I've never swung on the nut sac (you spelled it wrong) as you described. I've been a consistent critic of FedEx and basically predicted much of what has happened over the last few years. Yes, you call it as you see it, but it seems to be through purple-tinted shades, and you called it wrong.

I hope you're happy with 32 hours a week or so. Barney would approve, and I'm sure you'll take it well like the good little employee that you are.
What in the world is wrong with you? You quit FDX years ago. You were banned on here for a time and put on post approval. Why are you still here posting the same drivel over and over. You strut around claiming you were right. "look at me. Look at me!" Even a blind squirrel will find a nut on occasion. You and your alter ego R1 were wrong 98% of the time. Congrats. After 15 years you finally made a right guess on something and think you were the only one smart enough to see it coming. Every comment you make to someone has to have some kind of backhanded insult as to make yourself feel superior to the other poster. Can you have a discussion with other people on here and leave the insults at home with your family?

I work for FDX and seldom check in here. I guarantee you that the day I quit will be the last time I check this site. What is your excuse that you still post in here after not being employed with FDX for years?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
What in the world is wrong with you? You quit FDX years ago. You were banned on here for a time and put on post approval. Why are you still here posting the same drivel over and over. You strut around claiming you were right. "look at me. Look at me!" Even a blind squirrel will find a nut on occasion. You and your alter ego R1 were wrong 98% of the time. Congrats. After 15 years you finally made a right guess on something and think you were the only one smart enough to see it coming. Every comment you make to someone has to have some kind of backhanded insult as to make yourself feel superior to the other poster. Can you have a discussion with other people on here and leave the insults at home with your family?

I work for FDX and seldom check in here. I guarantee you that the day I quit will be the last time I check this site. What is your excuse that you still post in here after not being employed with FDX for years?
What's wrong with you? I have never been banned. I was once a moderator and was removed from that because of my strong viewpoints, which makes sense. I don't think you can simultaneously advocate and moderate without compromising, and I won't compromise on the ethical issues with FedEx. The post approval deal is a technical problem related to the death of Cheryl and computer access. Check with the Mods if you don't believe me. Sorry, buddy, but you are the one that started the insults, and then you hide behind a bunch of lies. Yes, I had the courage to actually LEAVE FedEx,rather than being a simpering sycophant who stays and then snipes at people like me that speak the truth about the company. When I still worked here, I took a stand and tried to organize, but, no, Fred and his Congressional friends ended that. Oh, and folks like you, who have all the backbone of a bowl of Quaker oatmeal who would never dare speak out in the real world, but only behind a keyboard, did nothing but quiver and quake. Worthless,spineless jellyfish who just keep on doing their jobs and making peanuts while the company strips away your few remaining benefits.

I have always come on this site for one main reason, and that is to attack the way this company does business, which includes treating employees (many of whom are my friends and still work there) like human garbage. They lie, cheat, and steal with abandon, and break the law(s) because Fred S and Friends have always bought-off the right people. They might even get away with the Ground/Express scam. We shall see. If I can drive another nail into Fred's coffin, I will happily oblige, even though I am long out the door. I have hundreds of friends who are still there, and if what I write helps ONE of them EVER, it is worth my time. Period. Oh, and, yes, it is still Fred's show. He may have vacated the throne, but he still pulls the strings of Raj and the rest of the sorry lot of Memphis maggots.

R1a was a very bright guy, and he was correct 98% of the time. Before he left the site, we shared plenty of long PMs regarding where to go next. I ended up quitting and going into business for myself, but I still care about my employee friends and hate the way FedEx craps on them with abandon. He was absolutely right about what would eventually happen. He has my total respect, and I'm sure he has succeeded mightily in whatever venture he pursued.

If you had 1 ounce of courage, you would take that RTD experience, shop it around, and leave for a better career. But no, you stay, and go after those that speak the truth about the company. There were always dozens of RTDs like you, who, on one hand complained about the company, but on the other, praised it or rationalized the way management destroyed their co-workers and ransacked everyone's future. "Yes, MrFedEx, we'll stand up with you and walk off the belt, speak out at meetings, and attend union organization drives. We'll slow down, do proper pre-trips, and not falsify. We've got your back, and we want a better deal from FedEx". And when the feces hit the fan, they were Oatmeal Men, just like you.

Weak, flaccid, and impotent. Purple Men of Quaker.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
What's wrong with you? I have never been banned. I was once a moderator and was removed from that because of my strong viewpoints, which makes sense. I don't think you can simultaneously advocate and moderate without compromising, and I won't compromise on the ethical issues with FedEx. The post approval deal is a technical problem related to the death of Cheryl and computer access. Check with the Mods if you don't believe me. Sorry, buddy, but you are the one that started the insults, and then you hide behind a bunch of lies. Yes, I had the courage to actually LEAVE FedEx,rather than being a simpering sycophant who stays and then snipes at people like me that speak the truth about the company. When I still worked here, I took a stand and tried to organize, but, no, Fred and his Congressional friends ended that. Oh, and folks like you, who have all the backbone of a bowl of Quaker oatmeal who would never dare speak out in the real world, but only behind a keyboard, did nothing but quiver and quake. Worthless,spineless jellyfish who just keep on doing their jobs and making peanuts while the company strips away your few remaining benefits.

I have always come on this site for one main reason, and that is to attack the way this company does business, which includes treating employees (many of whom are my friends and still work there) like human garbage. They lie, cheat, and steal with abandon, and break the law(s) because Fred S and Friends have always bought-off the right people. They might even get away with the Ground/Express scam. We shall see. If I can drive another nail into Fred's coffin, I will happily oblige, even though I am long out the door. I have hundreds of friends who are still there, and if what I write helps ONE of them EVER, it is worth my time. Period. Oh, and, yes, it is still Fred's show. He may have vacated the throne, but he still pulls the strings of Raj and the rest of the sorry lot of Memphis maggots.

R1a was a very bright guy, and he was correct 98% of the time. Before he left the site, we shared plenty of long PMs regarding where to go next. I ended up quitting and going into business for myself, but I still care about my employee friends and hate the way FedEx craps on them with abandon. He was absolutely right about what would eventually happen. He has my total respect, and I'm sure he has succeeded mightily in whatever venture he pursued.

If you had 1 ounce of courage, you would take that RTD experience, shop it around, and leave for a better career. But no, you stay, and go after those that speak the truth about the company. There were always dozens of RTDs like you, who, on one hand complained about the company, but on the other, praised it or rationalized the way management destroyed their co-workers and ransacked everyone's future. "Yes, MrFedEx, we'll stand up with you and walk off the belt, speak out at meetings, and attend union organization drives. We'll slow down, do proper pre-trips, and not falsify. We've got your back, and we want a better deal from FedEx". And when the feces hit the fan, they were Oatmeal Men, just like you.

I have absolutely no bone in this fight, and haven’t the foggiest what anyone is posting about here, but I’m just confirming that the post approval is something mods can’t fix.

The original idea was going to be to let everyone out and have a clean start. But again. We can’t make that happen.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
When I still worked here, I took a stand and tried to organize, but, no, Fred and his Congressional friends ended that. Oh, and folks like you, who have all the backbone of a bowl of Quaker oatmeal who would never dare speak out in the real world, but only behind a keyboard, did nothing but quiver and quake. Worthless,spineless jellyfish who just keep on doing their jobs and making peanuts while the company strips away your few remaining benefits.

I have always come on this site for one main reason, and that is to attack the way this company does business, which includes treating employees (many of whom are my friends and still work there) like human garbage. They lie, cheat, and steal with abandon, and break the law(s)
Let me get this straight.

The guy who, for years, authored post after post after post about all the illegal and unethical things that he witnessed firsthand and could (or so he claimed) document nearly all of them, and who offered excuse after excuse as to why he never reported any of it, is now calling people out for not taking a stand.

LOL.

Last edited:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

The guy who, for years, authored post after post after post about all the illegal and unethical things that he witnessed firsthand and could (or so he claimed) document nearly all of them, and who offered excuse after excuse as to why he never reported any of it, is now calling people out for not taking a stand.

LOL.
I openly attempted to organize under The Teamsters. I notice how you've deflected (again) instead of answering any of my previous questions. Typical. Reporting the unethical and/or illegal at FedEx usually results in the termination of the reporting party. It's then up to the legal system to bring FedEx to justice. Unfortunately, that doesn't happen nearly enough.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is

LOL.
Oh, I see from your viewpoint, FedEx is as pure as freshly fallen snow.

Ever get tired of being one of Smith’s puppets?

bacha29

You could not have been more correct. It would take courage and sacrifice on the part of FDX couriers , ramp workers, line sorters ground contractors . contractor employed drivers in order to bring Fat Freddy's business and labor practices in line with the public image they promote.
No better example of it than what we saw happen to Spencer Patton. He was betrayed by his own fellow contractors. As anybody who was following the matter knew that when push came to shove they would just leave him hanging out there.

When newbie contractors came crying to me about the lies and distortions all I said to them was...."you wanted in here badly enough so just eat it and smile". And you should hear them crying now that contingency contracting gravy is in very short supply and will be gone entirely very soon along with drivers who left domiciled contractors to go chase that contingency cash to now find themselves out of a job altogether.

Trucking has always been a shrewd if not out and out corrupt business. The best thing anybody can do for themselves is to get out of the industry altogether or to never get in it to begin with.

yadig

It always amazes me when you see people who are at retirement age and don’t even realize they have little to no retirement. They still bash unions and praise FedEx. They better hope they are heavily investing into their 401k. FedEx’s retirement is just about dripped away and it’s only getting worse!

btrlov

It always amazes me when you see people who are at retirement age and don’t even realize they have little to no retirement. They still bash unions and praise FedEx. They better hope they are heavily investing into their 401k. FedEx’s retirement is just about dripped away and it’s only getting worse!
A disgruntle employee is bad a disgruntled teamster is a nightmare for an unrealistic manager. FedEx is not ready for that smoke.How could they?they couldnt deploy response and estar properly and they were not "man enough" to admit it until service levels already suffered . An Express Ops manager would drown in both the UPS package or Hub/Feeder Division. What an Ops Mangers does in Express, UPS hires a "part time" supervisor to do.Labor is overworkered but highly favored in UPS, especially employees with 10 yrs plus.

How is the 10 year Mid-Career Express Employee? Not so favored. What UPS Contract gives in wages, fedex gives in "trinkets" and "bagels". Fedex wageless symbolic gestures is finally catching ups with it in turnover and service. Too bad Fedex is no longer under union threat-thanks too mostly topped employees that could careless when they had the chance. I think it shows a lack a forsight.

I hope current employees have the forsight to see the direction the company is going.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Exactly. A career UPS driver is retiring with probably an average about 6k per month pension. That's going to vary, of course, with years of service, position etc. I have a few friends that drive for a local Teamster company that has a contract similar to UPS and 30 years of service/PEER is about 7k. Plus, they get retiree medical for their spouses under 55.

At FedEx you get basically nothing but a 401k match, and your benefits suck, so money you could possibly be putting away into retirement goes to pay bills. There's really no comparison. Over the years, FedEx killed their pension, profit sharing, employee stock purchase, and made their medical and dental plans a joke. There's much more, but I don't want to fill the page.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

LOL.
Too ashamed or afraid to answer any of those questions I posed a month or so ago?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
A disgruntle employee is bad a disgruntled teamster is a nightmare for an unrealistic manager. FedEx is not ready for that smoke.How could they?they couldnt deploy response and estar properly and they were not "man enough" to admit it until service levels already suffered . An Express Ops manager would drown in both the UPS package or Hub/Feeder Division. What an Ops Mangers does in Express, UPS hires a "part time" supervisor to do.Labor is overworkered but highly favored in UPS, especially employees with 10 yrs plus.

How is the 10 year Mid-Career Express Employee? Not so favored. What UPS Contract gives in wages, fedex gives in "trinkets" and "bagels". Fedex wageless symbolic gestures is finally catching ups with it in turnover and service. Too bad Fedex is no longer under union threat-thanks too mostly topped employees that could careless when they had the chance. I think it shows a lack a forsight.

I hope current employees have the forsight to see the direction the company is going.
Most FedEx managers wouldn't last a day at UPS. In fact, in earlier days a lot of Express managers had been terminated by UPS and then hired for their "experience". You are so correct about "trinkets and bagels". It's a lot cheaper to have pizza parties, BBQs, and bagels rather than pay competitive wages. You'd be surprised how many employees fall for this and think "Wow, what a great company!! A free BBQ lunch and donuts!!". The $15 or so they spent on your lunch saves them millions in wages and benefits. Ever notice that whenever a FedEx Freight location (NLRA) threatens to go union, the BBQ Squad is dispatched from Memphis and a team of managers suddenly gets "concerned". They toss out a tiny raise and the drivers think they "won". In fact, they just lost again. Bigly.

Agreed on the inability to organize right now, even though conditions are ripe for it. A revolving door workforce doesn't have much skin in the game, and The Teamsters know it. They won't touch Express. And, no, there is little foresight on the part of most employees. It was so frustrating to see so many people be so ignorant of their situation and be willing to take zero risks to possibly improve the working environment. Scared sheep go willingly to the slaughter.

A topped-out UPS driver is well into 6 figures with OT and has an outstanding benefits program, including a real pension and medical plans.

Gone fishin

Exactly. A career UPS driver is retiring with probably an average about 6k per month pension. That's going to vary, of course, with years of service, position etc. I have a few friends that drive for a local Teamster company that has a contract similar to UPS and 30 years of service/PEER is about 7k. Plus, they get retiree medical for their spouses under 55.

At FedEx you get basically nothing but a 401k match, and your benefits suck, so money you could possibly be putting away into retirement goes to pay bills. There's really no comparison. Over the years, FedEx killed their pension, profit sharing, employee stock purchase, and made their medical and dental plans a joke. There's much more, but I don't want to fill the page.
That’s not true. My buddy had 32 years and gets 3853 after taxes

bacha29

That’s not true. My buddy had 32 years and gets 3853 after taxes
You've answered your own complaint.....AFTER taxes. You've got a damn nice pension if you are by law law subject to backup withholding and it would appear that is his case. Backup withholding is usually 25%. If this is the case then he would gross about $4800 a month which is about the average.