The CEO Thanked Us?

35years

Gravy route
He has the GAUL to thank our families for their sacrifice?

My kids did not see their father M-friend for two full months.
He will have to answer to almighty God for that.
UPS showed total disrespect for our God-given human dignity.
UPS does not own it's employees, or their time.

We were threatened with discipline if we did not help out and got in before 10:45 PM. I worked over 13 hours a day, everyday, for four weeks in a row.

Save your "Thank You". We deserve an apology and a promise to staff properly in the future.

Coldworld

60 months and counting

We were threatened with discipline if we did not help out and got in before 10:45 PM. I worked over 13 hours a day, everyday, for four weeks in a row.

Save your "Thank You". We deserve an apology and a promise to staff properly in the future.
Seriously??? They don’t give a :censored2: about us... been proven over and over again...

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
I saw the comments it was good to see us stand up and say something even if he is the CEO. All the thank you letters we got from district managers where treated as a load of crap. I hope he saw all the messages and gets the real point he isn’t fooling anybody and he better gear up for a busy 2018 of having managers deliver come August. Good luck Mr Abney hope your 70 hr work week was worth you sacrificing your company’s reputation for a couple extra bucks

clerkin

Plenty of companies are hiring if you want to find another job that pays half of what you make.......

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Plenty of companies are hiring if you want to find another job that pays half of what you make.......
Why can’t he complain about not seeing his family. Do you have kids or a family? If not you should really keep your opinion to yourself he never said he wanted to quit his job just wants to see his family nothing wrong with that money isn’t everything in life my friend one day you may find that out. Family is important UPS just seems to throw that aside for a extra buck it really is sad I thank my wife for her efforts every peak she is the rock at the house this time of year.

clerkin

Here is what fedex drivers make

35years

Gravy route

But you see, I have no problem with what I make. Nor do I not like my job. I just have a problem with a CEO who pretends to care about our families and "thanks us" for our sacrifice, meanwhile requiring unreasonable sacrifices.

clerkin

I agree with that 100%, Jim Casey would roll over in his grave if he seen how UPS is today... our CEO is so far from what his employees go through everyday it’s funny... he is such :censored2: it’s almost sad....

35years

Gravy route
Man has an intrinsic worth and dignity, and any system that degrades that worth or undermines that dignity is wrong.

In so much as work contributes to the dignity of the human person, it is good.
If work breaks down that God given intrinsic dignity it is unjust and immoral.

How many families are stretched to the breaking point when one parent is only at home long enough to sleep? Is it fair to the children to be deprived of their father?

His statement thanking the sacrifices of our families is beyond reprehensible. He is the one demanding the sacrifice, not asking. Management and hourly included.