The CEO Thanked Us?

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Still didn’t answer my question do you have a family or kids? If not then again you should keep your unwarranted opinions to yourself fedex drivers make what they make because there non-union and have sub-contractors running routes so that still has no bearing on what this guy stated. If you came on here to bash someone for there feelings on how it affects his family life I’ll take it from here you can leave this guy alone he’s just another upser how had to deal with the after effects of peak like everyone else so again in words you can read and understand real slow DO YOU HAVE A FAMILY OR KIDS? IF NOT GO FIND SOMETHING BETTER TO DO WITH YOUR TOME THEN PUT WORDS IN PEOPLES MOUTHS. Heard CNN is hiring you should join them you have already proven your good at putting words in people’s mouths.

Future

Victory Ride
I agree with that 100%, Jim Casey would roll over in his grave if he seen how UPS is today... our CEO is so far from what his employees go through everyday it’s funny... he is such :censored2: it’s almost sad....
I still take pride in UPS..... maybe cause I am a older employee ....
I am proud that I survived the many years I have put in .....
It is up 2 us 2 tell the younger employees what this company really stood for at one time ...
I know it’s hard 2 do with the disgust of the people running it at the present time ...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I saw the comments it was good to see us stand up and say something even if he is the CEO. All the thank you letters we got from district managers where treated as a load of crap. I hope he saw all the messages and gets the real point he isn’t fooling anybody and he better gear up for a busy 2018 of having managers deliver come August. Good luck Mr Abney hope your 70 hr work week was worth you sacrificing your company’s reputation for a couple extra bucks

I can assure you that he did not see any of these comments and even if he had he would have disregarded them in their entirety.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It is up 2 us 2 tell the younger employees what this company really stood for at one time ...
I know it’s hard 2 do with the disgust of the people running it at the present time ...

One of our younger drivers saw me securing the chain on my overhead door and commented that I was the only driver in the building who bothers to do that.

Future

Victory Ride
One of our younger drivers saw me securing the chain on my overhead door and commented that I was the only driver in the building who bothers to do that.
It’s those little things ...you as a vet driver ...should try 2 install in the younger drivers ...good job!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It’s those little things ...you as a vet driver ...should try 2 install in the younger drivers ...good job!

With just under 4 months left my "give a :censored2:" has all but disappeared.

I was just amazed that something that we are told to do before leaving the building is completely disregarded by the majority of drivers.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Does he mention us moderators?
a “older “ employee... lol.. how many years do you have in future??

Coldworld

60 months and counting
With just under 4 months left my "give a :censored2:" has all but disappeared.

I was just amazed that something that we are told to do before leaving the building is completely disregarded by the majority of drivers.
Amazed??? I’m going to guess that the thing they wanted you guys to do is something that probably has nothing to do with the ins and outs of this job.... just stupid stuff that doesn’t even matter...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Amazed??? I’m going to guess that the thing they wanted you guys to do is something that probably has nothing to do with the ins and outs of this job.... just stupid stuff that doesn’t even matter...

Securing the chain on the overhead door and running with our headlights on all day are hardly what I call stupid stuff.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Securing the chain on the overhead door and running with our headlights on all day are hardly what I call stupid stuff.
Those things are pretty trivial.... you know how many guys leave our building with ear buds in, looking at diads and on the phone??? I really doubt these same people are going to care if a chain is latched...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Those things are pretty trivial.... you know how many guys leave our building with ear buds in, looking at diads and on the phone??? I really doubt these same people are going to care if a chain is latched...

Yes, these things are trivial, but it is the little things that tell you what kind of employee you are dealing with.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Plenty of companies are hiring if you want to find another job that pays half of what you make.......
Plenty of people quitting this peak because they can’t physically do the job. So take your “go find another job” management or kiss ass management statement.

Last edited by a moderator:

Coldworld

60 months and counting
@Gimme Danger
Tell my BA I got a long list of 9.5ers ready to go on January 2nd.
0CF64DE9-BF5D-4D2E-AED6-3F716A7C13AC.jpeg