The demise of the Democrats

moreluck

golden ticket member
Top Senate Dems Irate With Obama After He Leaves Them On Hold For 20 Minutes Before Conference Call…

Where’s the love?
(The Hill) — President Obama’s relations with Senate Democratic leaders are deteriorating along with his poll numbers.
With Obama’s approval ratings at record lows and the 2012 electoral map favoring Senate Republicans, the president and Senate Democrats are, in many ways, on divergent paths. Vulnerable Democrats from red states see Obama as impeding their chances of winning reelection, while the president often seems aloof to their concerns. . .

The proximate causes of friction can seem slight, such as a recent breach of protocol, which left Senate Democratic leaders grumbling.

Obama left his party’s top senators, who had assembled for a conference call, hanging on the phone for nearly 20 minutes before National Economic Council Director Gene Sperling came on the line with a seemingly vague notion of what the call was supposed to be about, Democratic sources said.

Reid has been Obama’s most important ally in Congress, but the relationship has never been particularly affectionate, even though Reid was one of Obama’s first Senate colleagues to privately urge him to run for president.

Obama and Reid speak frequently on the phone, but the conversations can be terse. One Democratic source quipped that it’s often a contest to guess who will hang up on the other first. Reid, as it turns out, doesn’t have a habit of saying goodbye when he ends a call.

The White House has had to rely on Reid because, unlike former President Clinton, Obama has little appetite for regularly calling Democratic lawmakers.

“I think one of the problems with the White House is that it’s been too set apart. It’s been too Chicago-centric, and it needs to get out,” said Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.). “Clinton didn’t just talk to four leaders, he picked up the phone and he kind of said, ‘I really need your vote on this.’ ”

moreluck

golden ticket member
For all thos poised to pounce....this is a joke.

Ted Nugent, rock star and avid bow hunter from Michigan , was being interviewed by a liberal journalist, an animal rights activist. The discussion came around to deer hunting. The journalist asked, 'What do you think is the last thought in the head of a deer before you shoot him? Is it, 'Are you my friend?' or is it 'Are you the one who killed my brother? Nugent replied, 'Deer aren't capable of that kind of thinking. All they care about is, what am I going to eat next, who am I going to screw next, and can I run fast enough to get away. They are very much like the Democrats in Congress.'.....The interview ended.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
NYT: Obama campaign set to abandon white working class...

All pretence of trying to win a majority of the white working class has been effectively jettisoned in favor of cementing a center-left coalition made up, on the one hand, of voters who have gotten ahead on the basis of educational attainment — professors, artists, designers, editors, human resources managers, lawyers, librarians, social workers, teachers and therapists — and a second, substantial constituency of lower-income voters who are disproportionately African-American and Hispanic.

moreluck

golden ticket member
December 6, 2011 @ 11:59 am | Tacoma Mayor: Minorities Don’t Like Republicans Because “They Are Racist

And yet this mayor belongs to the party of the KKK and Jim Crow.
Via MYNorthwest:
Tacoma’s Mayor Marilyn Strickland recently told students at Pacific Lutheran University that the reasons Republicans were unsuccessful in recruiting minorities was because “they are racist.” When her comments leaked to the media, she said she intended to say that they were “perceived as racist.”

I don’t buy the idea that she “intended” to say something different. But I can accept that in hindsight she wishes she had. And that’s a start. At least she acknowledges that Republicans are trying to include minorities, which is more than some Democrats have been willing to say of late. And it’s good that she feels enough shame in her remarks that she wishes to modify them. As someone who speaks in public for a living, I know it’s easy to say something stupid you wish you could take back.

No. Just a little too much of it. She has cute cheeks but the hair draws attention away. Just persona taste. Means nothing.
First thing I noticed was a very pleasant smile. The reason I mentioned the curly is I had to look hard to find something that someone not like. I personally like hait a little longer on women.

804brown

Absolutely wrong. The problem is WE HAVENT SEEN THE CHANGE THAT WAS PROMISED!! If you look from reagan/bush to bush/clinton to clinton/bush to bush/obama , it has been the same old tired policy: take care of our powerful backers , lie to the middle class and ignore the poor. On foreign policy: push "free trade" for their corporate masters and use the us military to protect our investments overseas!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Taken 'em to court and hangin' 'em high doesn't make jobs for Americans. People need jobs and O just wants the gov't to take care of these jobless people.

Like was said at one of the debates....99 weeks of unemployment....you can get an associate degree in that amount of time, so tie the paying of the check to going to school. Or, an apprentice program like plumber, plasterer, electrician.....as a condition of getting that check.

But no, people just get that check and don't have to do anything for it. Makes no sense.