The Express employee massacre continues.

zeev

You are able to organize like the pilots but couriers have lived in denial forever. You deliver next to UPS who makes double and have Ground drivers in the same company who make 50% of Express.What do you think was going to happen, I’m surprised it took this long. I have told couriers to get your CDL but they would say I’m happy where I’m at the problem is FedEx not happy paying you twice as much.i predict they will tell Express not to worry than when Ground is ready in your area the rug will be pulled.

newgirl

Sam is right. The writing has been on the wall for a while. Covid was the setback. Memphis got kicked to the curb by the big wig investors who saw how much money was lost with response. After that, it was you do it or we will.

Volume seems to be the key right now as to who merges and who doesn't. but as they close/merge stuff more assets will be available for more consolidation.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
FedEx will find a way to mess that up too.
THIS is the only reality that will scuttle the entire plan. FedEx is reliable only for FUBARing everything they attempt.

But by then, the viability of the company will be gone. Corporate raiders will be picking bones, and the de(con)struction and assimilation into other businesses will be complete.

fedx

Extra Large Package
16 weeks severance for 30 years employment is an absolute insult.

Are employment laws that much different down south because they would not get away with that in Canada. A 30 year employee would be owed much more than 16 weeks.

Feel horrible for the people affected.

At a company I used to work for, they offered 1 week severance for every year of work. So a 30 yr employee would get 30 weeks severance.

Serf

All this is so convoluted. Am I going to see freight sent to ground in the form of 2/3 day delivery and pickups by the summer? I hope so.

It will be fine

All this is so convoluted. Am I going to see freight sent to ground in the form of 2/3 day delivery and pickups by the summer? I hope so.
As sloppy as this rollout is they might have to start moving more freight earlier than they planned on. Express guys are running for the exits with the lack of information.

Serf

As sloppy as this rollout is they might have to start moving more freight earlier than they planned on. Express guys are running for the exits with the lack of information.
Can’t wait. Also hope they let us cash out PPA pension while employed just to get it off the books. (If they do, IMO; a 401k employee contribution would prob cease also.)

bacha29

Uh, you mean their problem. Anyway, aren’t you forgetting that FedEx could amend that 9:45 cut off time to their liking? Nothing in your contract is binding.
Their simply shove another "eat it and smile" addendum in the face and tell them that the new cut off is 11AM.

bbsam

Staff member
Their simply shove another "eat it and smile" addendum in the face and tell them that the new cut off is 11AM.
You are of course assuming that Express packages really are far more difficult to deliver. I’ve heard the horror stories. Not believing them yet.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
You are of course assuming that Express packages really are far more difficult to deliver. I’ve heard the horror stories. Not believing them yet.
Well lets see if Ground drivers can deliver Express packages without resorting to falsification. Forged signatures, improper releases (DSR’s, dangerous goods etc.) or dumping packages in ravines.

That sort of thing.

MAKAVELI

We don't assume that it's more difficult to deliver. The logistics of air freight and the time commits along with same day on call pick ups is just quite different than what you do. If you have a hard cut off time for leaving the building it will never work. The whole idea of Express service is the ability to adjust constantly to variables to ensure service to the customer. That is the difference in culture between the two OPCOs.

Gone fishin

We don't assume that it's more difficult to deliver. The logistics of air freight and the time commits along with same day on call pick ups is just quite different than what you do. If you have a hard cut off time for leaving the building it will never work. The whole idea of Express service is the ability to adjust constantly to variables to ensure service to the customer. That is the difference in culture between the two OPCOs.
They honestly don’t understand it , completely opposites

bbsam

Staff member
Express hasn’t been hitting their time commitments for years. Ground folks know how to manipulate exception codes as well. 🤣

bbsam

Staff member
Well lets see if Ground drivers can deliver Express packages without resorting to falsification. Forged signatures, improper releases (DSR’s, dangerous goods etc.) or dumping packages in ravines.

That sort of thing.
Maybe they can, maybe they can’t. At straight Ground rates, you’ll see more of the same. Y’all see it at Express as well.

Word on the street is that Mr. Smith will no longer be in charge on Pittsburgh. That may have a profound effect on how the company/contractor relationship progresses.