The Express employee massacre continues.

bacha29

Fred S-m.ith is now executive chairman of FedEx. Most people think he's gone, but he's still there. I've heard people say this merger would have never happened under Fred, but Fred is still at FedEx and he knows and approves of everything.
VOTING SHARES MATTER! And Fat Freddy has more than anyone else.

Lates

99% of places don't tell you to keep working for 4 months until you're laid off just to get the severance. That tells me they're just covering their and they really don't have an intention of laying anyone off because if you really think you don't need these people then just lay them off why you waiting 4 months? Something smells off.
So you think last minute they are gonna jump out say lol just kidding you’re safe. It’s three or four months because that’s when the system will be ready to go live. Do you realize how idiotic you sound to tell me I’m not going to be let go also my station hasn’t been offered a severance was told we could transfer but there hasn’t been any openings.

lilwizbiz

So you think last minute they are gonna jump out say lol just kidding you’re safe. It’s three or four months because that’s when the system will be ready to go live. Do you realize how idiotic you sound to tell me I’m not going to be let go also my station hasn’t been offered a severance was told we could transfer but there hasn’t been any openings.
if corporate came out and laid out a merger plan without notifying anyone at operations then trust me these guys can literally come out and tell everyone they're safe, and it wouldn't even be the craziest :censored2: I've seen them do. Why would they offer you severance if they're not letting you go? I'm confused. Severance is in the labour law, they have to pay you that if they're letting you go.

It will be fine

if corporate came out and laid out a merger plan without notifying anyone at operations then trust me these guys can literally come out and tell everyone they're safe, and it wouldn't even be the craziest :censored2: I've seen them do. Why would they offer you severance if they're not letting you go? I'm confused. Severance is in the labour law, they have to pay you that if they're letting you go.
Severance pay is not required by law in the US. It’s always agreed upon before the termination of employment. A timeline for the employee to serve in order to receive it is standard practice. I’m not sure what is confusing you.

Serf

Disappointing as the severance is for veterans, they don’t have to actually offer anything. And all sorts of stupid loopholes and red tape can be attached to it. I’ve known people who have had to train their replacements in order to get severance.

Lates

Disappointing as the severance is for veterans, they don’t have to actually offer anything. And all sorts of stupid loopholes and red tape can be attached to it. I’ve known people who have had to train their replacements in order to get severance.
Exactly we are 50 miles from Nashville which is the limit I believe in our state. So they haven’t offered us a severance but also haven’t had any openings listed in workday.

AB831

Yeah, they’re offering a pittance but they can legally offer nothing

Serf

Exactly we are 50 miles from Nashville which is the limit I believe in our state. So they haven’t offered us a severance but also haven’t had any openings listed in workday.
I was under the impression all hiring, and transfers are frozen. I really can’t wait to see this.

Serf

I work in the Northeast. At a hub with well over 100 drivers. The two ground hubs nearby are almost as equally large. If ground can handle the added p2 and 3 day freight, how do you decide who stays and goes for remaining express drivers? Who gets to stay to work 2-4 hrs a day. Layoff by reverse seniority?! Hope people quit en mass?

Lates

I work in the Northeast. At a hub with well over 100 drivers. The two ground hubs nearby are almost as equally large. If ground can handle the added p2 and 3 day freight, how do you decide who stays and goes for remaining express drivers? Who gets to stay to work 2-4 hrs a day. Layoff by reverse seniority?! Hope people quit en mass?
It is based on seniority.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
99% of places don't tell you to keep working for 4 months until you're laid off just to get the severance. That tells me they're just covering their and they really don't have an intention of laying anyone off because if you really think you don't need these people then just lay them off why you waiting 4 months? Something smells off.
What planet are you from? It's common practice to offer a severance with the condition that they have to work up to and including a certain date to get it. That's your notice. You're free to walk before then if you don't want the severance.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Severance pay is not required by law in the US. It’s always agreed upon before the termination of employment. A timeline for the employee to serve in order to receive it is standard practice. I’m not sure what is confusing you.
He's always asking silly questions or making weird comments. I think everything confuses him.

whenIgetthere

What planet are you from? It's common practice to offer a severance with the condition that they have to work up to and including a certain date to get it. That's your notice. You're free to walk before then if you don't want the severance.
When the company I worked for back in '95 moved 1500 miles away in 1995, I was offered my job if I went with them. Wife said no way, so they were going to give me 26 weeks severance (I had 18 years in at the time), but sweetened the deal and said if I went and set the company up at the new location for four months, they would give me 52 weeks severance. Took the deal, was a stressful four months, but got an extra 10 months pay, and more time to look for another job when I was done.

Serf

When the company I worked for back in '95 moved 1500 miles away in 1995, I was offered my job if I went with them. Wife said no way, so they were going to give me 26 weeks severance (I had 18 years in at the time), but sweetened the deal and said if I went and set the company up at the new location for four months, they would give me 52 weeks severance. Took the deal, was a stressful four months, but got an extra 10 months pay, and more time to look for another job when I was done.
That’s what I would call a “real company.” That being said, the mid 90’s were a much different time.

AB831

Whatever it is, it’ll be handled as poorly as possible.

MAKAVELI

And yet Express couriers somehow pull that off and Ground drivers would be subject to the laws of time and space?😉
What do you think happens when they add late air freight on top of your ground freight? You'll be forced to del Air first and then pu, drop outbound then continue to del Ground late into the night. You think turnover is bad now? You ain't seen nothing yet.🤣