The Express employee massacre continues.

Mutineer

I’ll tell you right now emphatically that they won’t get that by bringing in Facebook sourced contractors.

I agree. FedEx must really, truly believe they're going to find those fools, and there's an ocean of stooge laborers to provide white glove service.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
If it’s the video I just saw it’s John Smith saying there’s a lot of misinformation out there. Then goes on to say that the company has no intention of eliminating ALL couriers. That each area is going to be different and it will take several years to complete. Also that in areas where there is overlap (his word) Express employees will be given options for continued employment.
I have not seen the video, but it's highly likely that FO would remain, so Express can retain a handful of couriers and still say something that gives Klingons some unjustified hope. The complete takeover is likely to take a couple of years, so stringing along current employees is important. They will obsfucate as long as possible.
This has been in the works for at least a decade. Raj just is the trigger man. Building huge Ground stations, creating a unified logo, new tractors that say "FedEx" with no opco designator etc. were all signs this was going to happen.
R1a pretty much called this about 10 years ago.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I don't like "business innovations" that flaunt the law
You mean adhere to the law, don't you?

and screw employees. Since Roe wasn't deemed adequate precedent for abortion I'm sure you agree that the previous classification of Express as an airline should also be reviewed. You are always citing past cases and decisions that are totally irrelevant to Farmer Raj's Express/Ground "farm" with the merged silos, so be consistent.
Scam, and they're lying directly to Express employees in order to prevent a mass exodus before they complete the plan.
No conscience, and no conciousness regarding your obvious hypocrisy.
I don't know why you continue to make yourself look foolish with this RLA stuff. You don't know what you're talking about and it's getting tiresome. Let me know when you can make your case based on the facts of the law and the decisions based on that law instead of stupid irrelevant whataboutism nonsense that has nothing to do with anything.

59 Dano

UPS has been doing it for years. What’s their secret?

I mean, really, in what world does FedEx stomp their feet, demand UPS standards of service but pay at 50% UPS wages and expect positive results?

I’ll tell you right now emphatically that they won’t get that by bringing in Facebook sourced contractors.
I'll put you down as "no."

59 Dano

R1a pretty much called this about 10 years ago.
He said something similar to this would launch IN TWO THOUSAND TWELVE, even though they never even began laying the groundwork until late 2019. And he left the board with egg on his face shortly after the day of the supposed big announcement came and went with nothing being said.

Let me try. We're going to get a foot of snow on July 4th of this year, but if it doesn't happen, and we get half that amount 5 years later, I still called it. I SEE THE FUTURE

vantexan

He said something similar to this would launch IN TWO THOUSAND TWELVE, even though they never even began laying the groundwork until late 2019. And he left the board with egg on his face shortly after the day of the supposed big announcement came and went with nothing being said.

Let me try. We're going to get a foot of snow on July 4th of this year, but if it doesn't happen, and we get half that amount 5 years later, I still called it. I SEE THE FUTURE
Didn't R1a see secret documents? He used to type volumes here. Was reincarnated as Bacha.

AB831

You mean adhere to the law, don't you?

I don't know why you continue to make yourself look foolish with this RLA stuff. You don't know what you're talking about and it's getting tiresome. Let me know when you can make your case based on the facts of the law and the decisions based on that law instead of stupid irrelevant whataboutism nonsense that has nothing to do with anything.
Oh, right you’re a lawyer too.

yadig

You have room to talk. I remember you saying “ground will never take over express” looks like you have a little egg on your face!

bacha29

This isn't unique to Fat Freddy or FedEx.

I think there are very few successful businesses that aren't run by awful, nasty people.

As is relevant to this industry, I would think Amazon would also be a subject of your scorn.

Alot of heavily biased political donations, AND they treat their workers like garbage.

Although I very much tend to agree with you on the subject of FedEx, very often you imply that members of only one political party are exclusively guilty of; or enables toxic, predatory business practices.

On the subject of FedEx, and especially this industry, I think that bias diminishes your arguments.

What'dyabringmetoday???

UPS has been doing it for years. What’s their secret?

I mean, really, in what world does FedEx stomp their feet, demand UPS standards of service but pay at 50% UPS wages and expect positive results?

I hope FedEx goes out of business. No offense to you of course.

bacha29

Mr. Mutineer, When the NAFTA treaty came up for a vote in Congress the majority of the Democrat members actually voted against the bill. But that's not the real issue here. What we're seeing here is an ongoing devaluation of a labor force employed in an essential industry.

UPS knows that the continued viability of the industry requires the employment of high character, high productivity, high integrity individuals and procuring such people will cost money in order to maintain the standard.

Fat Freddy and Raj think that they can maintain the standard using low wage labor drawn from and it's time we finally have to say it from the lowest echelons of American society.

Too early to speculate on who is right. In the meantime all we can hope for is that those who are gone from the place will get to a better place. And if that can happen that would the sweetest revenge.

It will be fine

Mr. Mutineer, When the NAFTA treaty came up for a vote in Congress the majority of the Democrat members actually voted against the bill. But that's not the real issue here. What we're seeing here is an ongoing devaluation of a labor force employed in an essential industry.

UPS knows that the continued viability of the industry requires the employment of high character, high productivity, high integrity individuals and procuring such people will cost money in order to maintain the standard.

Fat Freddy and Raj think that they can maintain the standard using low wage labor drawn from and it's time we finally have to say it from the lowest echelons of American society.

Too early to speculate on who is right. In the meantime all we can hope for is that those who are gone from the place will get to a better place. And if that can happen that would the sweetest revenge.
Utter nonsense. UPS has high wages because of the union, not because of some fantastical belief that they need high character individuals to move boxes.

Thebrownblob

Utter nonsense. UPS has high wages because of the union, not because of some fantastical belief that they need high character individuals to move boxes.
I happen to agree with you on this, at least now.

But when I started the company actively pursued and touted the high-level of employees we employed for decades.

When the corporatist took over that went away.

bacha29

So you agree with Fat Freddy and Raj. That it's possible to procure high character, highly productive people for wages that requires public subsidization in order for them to survive. Might work as long as they can obtain second jobs, have a working spouse and those wage subsidies remain in place.

59 Dano

Oh, right you’re a lawyer too.
Buddy, I'm just telling you what the people who deal with this stuff have said over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

It's your brutha from anotha mutha who is making the legal argument that FedEx shouldn't be classified under the RLA, this time because [shakes magic 8 ball] abortion or something. Go pester him.

59 Dano

Didn't R1a see secret documents? He used to type volumes here. Was reincarnated as Bacha.
Oh, man, he said he'd seem them all and it was supposed to be announced at the Sept. investor shindig with implementation to follow shortly thereafter. He went into great detail about what was going to happen, and how. Turns out there was nothing, the two systems were almost entirely imcompatible from a tech standpoint, let alone from an operational one, and the whole concept was nothing more than an intemperate idea.

He was the version of crazy that can pass for maybe sort of normal until he just can't do it anymore and the dam breaks. Unlike you know who.

vantexan

Oh, man, he said he'd seem them all and it was supposed to be announced at the Sept. investor shindig with implementation to follow shortly thereafter. He went into great detail about what was going to happen, and how. Turns out there was nothing, the two systems were almost entirely imcompatible from a tech standpoint, let alone from an operational one, and the whole concept was nothing more than an intemperate idea.

He was the version of crazy that can pass for maybe sort of normal until he just can't do it anymore and the dam breaks. Unlike you know who.
He has more or less been vindicated but it was very much like claiming voting machines are rigged. If you're going to make the assertion better have copies of those documents to back it up.

vantexan

If UPS was making much higher profits because they paid similar to FedEx Ground, with few if any benefits, and the employees had no chance to unionize, they'd have constant turnover. The guys who have stuck with UPS for decades have done so because they can make a good living and take care of their families. They work very hard in return. And it takes character to stick with it. Anyone who sticks with Ground long term is likely there because they don't have alternatives. Either they live in areas with few opportunities or they can't compete in areas that do for whatever reason. Pointing to exceptions to the rule won't lessen the turnover.