The Express employee massacre continues.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
So Dano, are you OK with your kids aiming for C's in school instead of A's? I mean why not? A C is just good enough to pass.
Of course not, but that's not a good analogy.

In this case, there are plenty of people who are happy with Ground service at Ground prices and they see fit to pour billions of dollars into the company. If people want Ground service at Ground prices, give it to them.

Gone fishin

Of course not, but that's not a good analogy.

In this case, there are plenty of people who are happy with Ground service at Ground prices and they see fit to pour billions of dollars into the company. If people want Ground service at Ground prices, give it to them.
I think you guys are perfect for 4-5 day freight , just not for important overnight delivery.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I think you guys are perfect for 4-5 day freight , just not for important overnight delivery.
Yeah, it's rocket science when both companies are working out of the same building for Ground to get those industrial park P1's off when that same park is his 1st series of stops every day.

Gone fishin

Yeah, it's rocket science when both companies are working out of the same building for Ground to get those industrial park P1's off when that same park is his 1st series of stops every day.
Not rocket science at all , as long as you show up , get signatures, take freight to the correct address and designated drop off , wear a shirt and make scheduled pickups along with on time delivery commitments.
You don’t understand because you’re not hearing the constant hate for ground as a company from the public.
I’d love to get a list of companies we lose because they won’t bundle because of ground.
This seriously isn’t this hard to understand, you get mostly low end workers, because it’s a dead end job.

bbsam

Staff member
What does that have to do with what I've asked?

Spencer was stirring the pot for his own benefit. Pretty easy to see. He was predicting and imminent and certain implosion months and months ago, and Ground wasn't going to survive peak without significant structural and financial changes, and on and on.
Hmmmm. Possible Spencer was right. How much contingency money did they shell out? It’s a big number. How big? So big that they won’t publish that number in those reports you put your faith in. So much that after peak they made it known far and wide that they would no longer pay those rates. Contractors would be forced to take on that volume up to their negotiated “right to refuse” number.

Here we are in May. Yes. They are paying contingency again even with low volume. The problems remain. FedEx can easily afford to fix them but it will take them figuring out that there were problems to begin with.

So who does it better? UPS with career minded professionals or FedEx with “throw away” contractor employed drivers? Why would we expect the answer to be anything other than what it is?

Aquaman

Hmmmm. Possible Spencer was right. How much contingency money did they shell out? It’s a big number. How big? So big that they won’t publish that number in those reports you put your faith in. So much that after peak they made it known far and wide that they would no longer pay those rates. Contractors would be forced to take on that volume up to their negotiated “right to refuse” number.

Here we are in May. Yes. They are paying contingency again even with low volume. The problems remain. FedEx can easily afford to fix them but it will take them figuring out that there were problems to begin with.

So who does it better? UPS with career minded professionals or FedEx with “throw away” contractor employed drivers? Why would we expect the answer to be anything other than what it is?
While I’m in complete agreement that this whole thing will probably sink the company. This place doesn’t know how to implement anything. It’s going to be a disaster because everything this company does blows up in their face. But one thing is for certain…. The delivery game doesn’t require UPS standards anymore. That much is absolutely true. If Amazon & Ground have proven anything, it’s that.

bbsam

Staff member
While I’m in complete agreement that this whole thing will probably sink the company. This place doesn’t know how to implement anything. It’s going to be a disaster because everything this company does blows up in their face. But one thing is for certain…. The delivery game doesn’t require UPS standards anymore. That much is absolutely true. If Amazon & Ground have proven anything, it’s that.
If FedEx would acknowledge that and I could still make a reasonable profit like I did for years, I wouldn’t complain at all. Hell, I spent years defending the model but there are deep flaws and the present leadership seems blind to them.

yadig

If FedEx would acknowledge that and I could still make a reasonable profit like I did for years, I wouldn’t complain at all. Hell, I spent years defending the model but there are deep flaws and the present leadership seems blind to them.
FedEx’s motto is “a hungry employee is a loyal employee “.

bacha29

I don't think they are as much blind to it as they are indifferent .

Mutineer

So could being blind. But then again, dropping the ball and failure as an option seems to be acceptable at the Memphis towers.

Due to a years-long loop of comedies, flops, and errors at FedEx; I think it's worth considering that this is all intentional.

Mayyybe they're scuttling the ship, and a select few will very much benefit.

Despite what we would wish to believe, FedEx is NOT being run by stupid people.

But they are definitely capricious, sadistic, treacherous, and malignant.

zeev

Due to a years-long loop of comedies, flops, and errors at FedEx; I think it's worth considering that this is all intentional.

Mayyybe they're scuttling the ship, and a select few will very much benefit.

Despite what we would wish to believe, FedEx is NOT being run by stupid people.

But they are definitely capricious, sadistic, treacherous, and malignant.
I said FedEx would be a nice trucking company, just maybe this is the moment. Amazon has changed small package forever, deliver by semi to location and just deliver that short mile.

lilwizbiz

FYI apparently FedEx released a video saying that basically everything on social media is horse:censored2: and no employees are losing their jobs. So that’s that I guess. Just like I predicted these guys are too cheap to pay severance and still everybody here wanna act like they’re all of a sudden spend happy and was willing to pay out all these severance payouts. I know this company

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It’s a “business innovation “, not a scam . Please say exactly what Legal says to say.