The Hybrid Driver might be leverage next contract.

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
Okay, I understand how many are upset about loosing even with a majority No vote. The reason for the loose is a technicality. We came short of 50+1% voters participating. The main reason is due to a large majority of part time inside workers not participating. So, now we're stuck with a second tier driver Nationwide with a $6 pay cut for them at top progression. Now here is my point. Up to 25% of each center could be New Hybrid Drivers. Ultimately, they'll be Full time and with no 9.5 protection, used and abused, with $6 an hour short of pay, they'll be disgruntled full timers. The majority of votes come from Full timers. You make sure to show the Hybrid your Bigger Check and fan the flame. We might have them as just enough leverage to push that 50+1% !!! Push them to demand matching pay next Contract. These are your future Teamsters. Tell me I'm wrong here, but think long term and outside the Brown Box. Oh, yeah, it's been a few years since I have logged into Brown Cafe. It felt an appropriate time to pop in. Anyways. What are your thoughts on my vision? P.S. if the Teamster leadership let you down, vote em out boys.......

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Yes they will demand matching pay. But your pay will be frozen until they catch up. Thats the thing with concessions. They are the gift that keeps on giving

Backlasher

We'll demand raises as well. Along with it, Full time and Hybrid demand matched pay along with it. We need to stay firm, outside of the box.

Backlasher

I gave you a beer to smooth things over. Thanks for your view. Any input deserves a beer, ( pending restrictions of course).

542thruNthru

Okay, I understand how many are upset about loosing even with a majority No vote. The reason for the loose is a technicality. We came short of 50+1% voters participating. The main reason is due to a large majority of part time inside workers not participating. So, now we're stuck with a second tier driver Nationwide with a $6 pay cut for them at top progression. Now here is my point. Up to 25% of each center could be New Hybrid Drivers. Ultimately, they'll be Full time and with no 9.5 protection, used and abused, with $6 an hour short of pay, they'll be disgruntled full timers. The majority of votes come from Full timers. You make sure to show the Hybrid your Bigger Check and fan the flame. We might have them as just enough leverage to push that 50+1% !!! Push them to demand matching pay next Contract. These are your future Teamsters. Tell me I'm wrong here, but think long term and outside the Brown Box. Oh, yeah, it's been a few years since I have logged into Brown Cafe. It felt an appropriate time to pop in. Anyways. What are your thoughts on my vision? P.S. if the Teamster leadership let you down, vote em out boys.......

Can you please show me the numbers of the PT and FT that voted please... I'd like to see them when you get a chance.

Mooseknuckle

I don't think that'll work because they will be used so much I doubt they'll be able to stay. And, their paychecks will be bigger than ours just with a lot more hours. That's part of the plan, they're mad at us for being treated like royalty and they won't get sufficient rest so they'll be a grumpy group. And, the veterans will be taking a pay cut and seeing people with less seniority getting more money. It's called divide and conquer.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
You don't get it do you? Hoffa and Taylor have just proven your vote doesn't matter period!!!!

There is no reason to vote now.

Also no reason to be in the union in RTW states as the union has to represent everyone regardless of membership!

Over disciplined0123

I see one by one the nit picking and firing of rcpds from improper methods or using of technology based circumstances to say stealing time all rcpds will be replaced with hybrids eventually

Backlasher

It's well known for as long as part time has been in the Union that they have a lower participation rate. Many are not in it for long term, especially this day and age. I don't blame them. It's just how it is. I do say that this needs to be our wake up call. We need to build momentum with the non voters, especially within 3 months "PRIOR" to voting. Talk to your pre Loaders. Talk to the other part timers you come across. Talk to your fellow drivers and let them see this contract as the PRIME example of why it's important to vote. Leaving the union and saying our votes don't matter only damages us and removes even more power from We The People. It's all about that 50+1% brothers and sisters. As far as Hybrid having larger checks because of over time. It won't be as dramatic as you think, plus, that's when you Emphasis just how many hours more it takes to make it past the RPCD. Also, show them how much larger that over time check would be with $6 more hourly and $9 more per hour in Over time! Think outside the box

542thruNthru

I see one by one the nit picking and firing of rcpds from improper methods or using of technology based circumstances to say stealing time all rcpds will be replaced with hybrids eventually

That's going to be impressive especially since the contract doesn't allow that.

Screenshot_20181008-181520.png

browndevil

Looks like the 2021 Obrien - Zuckerman Slate has a campaign slogan to fix in 2023

Coldworld

60 months and counting
We'll demand raises as well. Along with it, Full time and Hybrid demand matched pay along with it. We need to stay firm, outside of the box.
Ok last contract we gave them surepost which was a route killer all over the country.... this contract we gave them 22.4’s and we have no idea yet how that will affect us in the long haul... we need to push next time for something big and have the leadership at the top to make it happen...

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Ok last contract we gave them surepost which was a route killer all over the country.... this contract we gave them 22.4’s and we have no idea yet how that will affect us in the long haul... we need to push next time for something big and have the leadership at the top to make it happen...
Lunches, we should give them our lunch breaks next contract.

Backlasher

$6 more an hour is an additional $240 weekly. $12,480 yearly. Show the Hybrid ! Show the Hybrid the over time difference as well. Lets say they're doing 50 hours weekly average. Show them the $9 overtime difference. $90 more. Show them that gross is $330 short of what an RPCD would have. Believe me, after busting their butts in a 4 year progression and seeing the big pay gap, (especially during peak), they'll be voting right beside us. We need to embed into them how important voter participation is. It cost them $6 an hour by a voter shortage of 5% this contract.

Backlasher

I'll be honest, a Hybrid probably will be good for all of us if implemented right and not abussed. The problem is the pay. We do have a "supposed" protection on how many RPCD's, wether that is honored will be hard to keep up with and they know it. It will effect upcoming bids because they'll minipmanip the work loads to justify opening for a 22.4 vs an RPCD position. We know the games and that's another reason why we wanted a more comparable pay rate for the Hybrid. So we must train these new Teamsters on the Union side of things to do, which is get involved with voting. That's all we can do. Unless this contract gets renegotiated, we have no other option but to learn from the 5% shortage of votes and the 50% 2/3 vote ruling. Never forget this friends.

The Range

In too deep
Erase 22.4, erase ALL subcontracting or we strike immediately. People need to wake up. You are not going to get an involved part-time workforce majority. It isn't going to happen - this is a throwaway job for children. This fact is exploited by union and company. Hoffa needs to go and we need to strike. The economy is booming and this is what we settled for...embarassing. It is so awful across the board. Seasonal 6 months out of the year, subcontracting in feeders completely out of control, new hires making a bonus that puts them well above tenured co-workers, two-tier pay in nearly every classification. This is not a union shop. People allowed the union to be busted. It needs to be reset desperately. 300,000 people should have walked out of the hubs this morning.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
5,000 new 22.4's voters will not affect the percentages..(100,000) didn't even turn on in with this one..Hate to burst your optimistic bubble..nice try though..hang in there.

Backlasher

Well, think of this. The other option is to have a 2/3 vote no. That means a 66.7% No vote would of been enough. So if 12.2% of the yes votes were a No, we would of had our 66.7%. Maybe some had doubts about the contract, bit said friend it, it's gonna pass anyways so might as well vote Yes, well, that mentality screwed it also. Just a little more on votes can change a lot in how things play out in the future. Stay out of the Box friends.