The information campaign

quadro

I know what the law says but it's not possible for Fedex Express drivers, sorters,handlers,csa's,and vehicle mechanics to organize under the RLA and you know that.

You don't think the number of employees is relevant? What have you been smoking? I can't believe someone would be dumb enough to think that organizing 2,000 or 3,000 pilots would be no different than organizing 100,000 employees from several different job classifications spread out all over the country.
You're missing the point and name calling doesn't make your point any more valid.
It absolutely, positively is possible for FedEx employees to organize. Is it practical? Well that's the big question and that's what I believe you are referring to.
I never said that organizing 100,000 employees was no different than organizing 2 or 3000 pilots. What I said was that the number of employees was somewhat irrelevant. Yes, there's likely a higher cost in trying to organize 100,000 employees but that also should tell you something about any organizing effort (or lack thereof). Whether you have 1000 or 100,000 employees you need 35% interest to have a vote. What you are claiming is that among all of those employees there aren't 35000 that are interested in a vote. I believe that as I do think that most employees at FedEx don't want a union.
You even said it yourself. You stated that giving pay raises to major markets would defeat an organizing effort. Well there hasn't been a pay raise so why isn't there an effort? Apparently it's not just pay that's keeping 35000 employees from saying "yes, I'm interested".

Broke

You're missing the point and name calling doesn't make your point any more valid.
It absolutely, positively is possible for FedEx employees to organize. Is it practical? Well that's the big question and that's what I believe you are referring to.
I never said that organizing 100,000 employees was no different than organizing 2 or 3000 pilots. What I said was that the number of employees was somewhat irrelevant. Yes, there's likely a higher cost in trying to organize 100,000 employees but that also should tell you something about any organizing effort (or lack thereof). Whether you have 1000 or 100,000 employees you need 35% interest to have a vote. What you are claiming is that among all of those employees there aren't 35000 that are interested in a vote. I believe that as I do think that most employees at FedEx don't want a union.
You even said it yourself. You stated that giving pay raises to major markets would defeat an organizing effort. Well there hasn't been a pay raise so why isn't there an effort? Apparently it's not just pay that's keeping 35000 employees from saying "yes, I'm interested".
Don't you think if Fred thought it was possible for us to organize under the RLA we would have gotten a pay raise?If this bill passes in Sept. the whole Fedex worker "happiness" issue will be put to rest very shortly thereafter.

quadro

Don't you think if Fred thought it was possible for us to organize under the RLA we would have gotten a pay raise?If this bill passes in Sept. the whole Fedex worker "happiness" issue will be put to rest very shortly thereafter.
I'm not sure how else to explain it to make it clear. If unions thought there was enough interest that they could get a vote and had a chance at winning that vote, they would go for it. The fact that they haven't tells you that the unions don't believe that enough employees want a union. It's not that it's not possible, as it certainly is, it's that it's not practical and cost effective for a union to try right now.
Under NLRA, where unions can organize individual locations, they are more likely to have success in a few locations. I'm sure that their hope is that if they can get in to just a few locations and get a contract, that other locations will follow.
In my opinion, what I think will happen if there's any unionization is that the contract will call for higher stops per hour for couriers as that's the big push right now. Pay might go up, some benefits will change, etc, etc, but the people who are complaining about their goals now will be in for a shock.

O

olcc

Quadro, the practicality that you're referring to is the whole purpose behind this thread. The reason there hasn't ever been a legitimate effort is because of the lack of information. I have worked at five locations and I can tell you without a doubt that most employees don't know how much UPS drivers make, they don't know what a joke the pension is (or even how it works), they don't know (especially senior employees) how long it now takes to top out, etc. And the reason for this is that anyone who even speaks a word about it is targeted by management.

Regardless of what happens with the RLA provision in the Senate, there is finally momentum now. And don't think for a minute that the Teamsters are going to give up their fight if it doesn't pass. They will continue to fight one way or another. The new hires and the senior couriers that don't know any better and don't want to make waves may not want change, but I guarantee you everyone else does. It's just a matter of getting the facts and resources out there.

Attachments

• didyouknow.pdf
    19.4 KB · Views: 221

FedEX 4 Life

Quadro, the practicality that you're referring to is the whole purpose behind this thread. The reason there hasn't ever been a legitimate effort is because of the lack of information. I have worked at five locations and I can tell you without a doubt that most employees don't know how much UPS drivers make, they don't know what a joke the pension is (or even how it works), they don't know (especially senior employees) how long it now takes to top out, etc. And the reason for this is that anyone who even speaks a word about it is targeted by management.

Regardless of what happens with the RLA provision in the Senate, there is finally momentum now. And don't think for a minute that the Teamsters are going to give up their fight if it doesn't pass. They will continue to fight one way or another. The new hires and the senior couriers that don't know any better and don't want to make waves may not want change, but I guarantee you everyone else does. It's just a matter of getting the facts and resources out there.
You might wanna re-think your little didyouknow thingy.Where do you get your facts from?Just make them up?Some Fedex employees might laugh at it.You might wanna do some research first,then edit it.

Just letting you know.

Broke

I applaud what your doing in getting the facts out for everyone to see. I read your attachment and everything is accurate from the research I've already done myself. It's amazing that some on here want to interrupt a conversation that is very informative to every Fedex Express employee. Kinda reminds me of management at my station, where when they here someone telling facts about the union or the pay and benefits differential between UPS and Fedex workers they suddenly seem to appear out of nowhere and spread misinformation.

O

olcc

You might wanna re-think your little didyouknow thingy.Where do you get your facts from?Just make them up?Some Fedex employees might laugh at it.You might wanna do some research first,then edit it.

Just letting you know.

I've got a better idea, why don't you stay out of the conversation? You're a fake and a fraud and you add nothing to the dialog. You troll the old posts on here and on other sites to find terms that make yourself appear legitimate but you didn't even know what a Basic Skills Test was? Gimme a break. You do nothing but misrepresent and antagonize, and worse yet, you do it with the English proficiency of a fourth-grader (or a Ground driver).

And you obviously have no idea how UPS operates either. There are package car drivers, air drivers, hub workers, and combo jobs. And drivers that are on layoff often work back in the hub. Maybe you should do your own research before you start spouting off.

Just letting you know.

This from someone who thinks fedex stock is more expensive than UPS. Where do you get your facts from? I would like to laugh at that myself.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Hey, FedEx4Life. Yes, please explain why you do the same thing on other sites such as FedExcess.com. It's also interesting that you're able to spell there, something you have difficulty with here at the BC. What's your mission? Is it just trolling, or are you intentionally trying to distort the facts?

Lately, your information has been improving (most of the time). Are you being coached? Enough of us are aware of your presence on other sites to just write you off. Why not come clean about your intentions. If you're just another anti-union person say so and quit trying to muddy the waters, which is exactly what FedEx wants.

FedEX 4 Life

I've got a better idea, why don't you stay out of the conversation? You're a fake and a fraud and you add nothing to the dialog. You troll the old posts on here and on other sites to find terms that make yourself appear legitimate but you didn't even know what a Basic Skills Test was? Gimme a break. You do nothing but misrepresent and antagonize, and worse yet, you do it with the English proficiency of a fourth-grader (or a Ground driver).

And you obviously have no idea how UPS operates either. There are package car drivers, air drivers, hub workers, and combo jobs. And drivers that are on layoff often work back in the hub. Maybe you should do your own research before you start spouting off.
Ok cool,go hand out your little flyer lol.

quadro

I disagree about the lack of information. I've worked at twice as many locations and the one constant complaint was that FedEx drivers don't make as much as UPS, etc. So that information is well known. Do you know what the new top pay is for UPS? I asked in a previous post but no one answered.

If I was in charge of the Teamsters I wouldn't give up either. Too much money at stake to give up. I'm not saying that the IBT would or would not be good for FedEx, just that there is simply too much money at stake to give up. And what is it with talking in absolutes? How could you possibly guarantee that "everyone else does"? If you're wrong do I get my money back? :happy2: Have you asked everyone else? Maybe your opinion is that everyone you've spoken with does, but that isn't everyone.

quadro

This from someone who thinks fedex stock is more expensive than UPS. Where do you get your facts from? I would like to laugh at that myself.
Seriously? Just Google FDX and UPS and you'll get the stock quotes. Not sure how you could think that UPS stock is more expensive than FDX.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Here's some information that some might find helpful when they consider how wonderful their FedEx retirement plan is and how awful a Teamsters pension would be.

I have a friend who 17 years as a FedEx ops manager in 2 major markets. When he downgraded 3 years ago he was making $114,000 per year. When he retires he will get a whopping $2600 per month retirement payout. That's a bunch less than a UPS package car driver and undoubtedly far, far less than a UPS supervisor. So Fred hasn't been very generous to lower level management either.

Unless you are a pilot or in upper management, you are getting screwed on your retirement, even under the old plan.

FedEx courier

Hey, FedEx4Life. Yes, please explain why you do the same thing on other sites such as FedExcess.com. It's also interesting that you're able to spell there, something you have difficulty with here at the BC. What's your mission? Is it just trolling, or are you intentionally trying to distort the facts?

Lately, your information has been improving (most of the time). Are you being coached? Enough of us are aware of your presence on other sites to just write you off. Why not come clean about your intentions. If you're just another anti-union person say so and quit trying to muddy the waters, which is exactly what FedEx wants.

He or she didn't even acknowledge that you asked them that? It's really weird. I just don't get what FedX 4 Life gets out of being on this site? It seems this person is only here to try and make people angry. I could understand if they were trying to convince people there was a positive to their viewpoint, but just arguing with no clear reasoning behind your side makes your argument look weak.:happy-very:

quadro

Here's some information that some might find helpful when they consider how wonderful their FedEx retirement plan is and how awful a Teamsters pension would be.
I have a friend who 17 years as a FedEx ops manager in 2 major markets. When he downgraded 3 years ago he was making $114,000 per year. When he retires he will get a whopping $2600 per month retirement payout. That's a bunch less than a UPS package car driver and undoubtedly far, far less than a UPS supervisor. So Fred hasn't been very generous to lower level management either.

Unless you are a pilot or in upper management, you are getting screwed on your retirement, even under the old plan.
Your numbers don't add up. Not saying that the $2600 isn't correct but either you're missing some facts or $2600 isn't correct. If he was an ops manager for 17 years and downgraded 3 years ago, then he has at least 19 years under the DBP (unless he switched in 2003 and that skews things even more). If he was earning $114,000 and has been in 2 major markets then it would be fair to say that the pay scales in both markets were the same or similar.
If he received a 3% raise each of the last 5 years as a manager his approx high 5 average would be about $107,000. $107K x 19 years x 2%= $40660.

$40660/12 = ~$3400 per month.

Depending on his age and how much longer he works at FedEx and how much he earns, there would be PPP money in addition to that.

Not saying it's like winning the lottery but it is substantially different than what you are claiming.

Your proposed alternative is a Teamster pension. There's no guarantee that it wouldn't be the Central States plan. Given the problems that's having, I'd be very, very concerned that that's exactly where my pension might end up.

Dads 99

Banned
The Fedex PPP is a joke.If we had a union they might not have been able to pull this crap on us.The thing is that most employees dont know anything about the PPP,and thats the way Fred likes it.If i met Fred today,I'd probably punch him in the face.The jail time is worth it for me.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

The Fedex PPP is a joke.If we had a union they might not have been able to pull this crap on us.The thing is that most employees dont know anything about the PPP,and thats the way Fred likes it.If i met Fred today,I'd probably punch him in the face.The jail time is worth it for me.

"NOW SERVING NUMBER 6!" "Awww man I got number 2,998,482...at least the line is moving quickly...":funny:

I am with you brother, I'd go for his jewels but I think he sold those to finance his new football team...