The information campaign

no copay 50 detuctible for single person 100 for family forgot to add 2 option day from may to may . but we dont get sick days but we can break up are option week into single days . hey new york what is your pension after 30 was judst wondering i know your cost of living is higher,

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

no copay 50 detuctible for single person 100 for family forgot to add 2 option day from may to may . but we dont get sick days but we can break up are option week into single days . hey new york what is your pension after 30 was judst wondering i know your cost of living is higher,

Just had a guy retire and he takes home $4K/month after Federal taxes. He has to pay State taxes quarterly. We get 5 sick days which we can also use as personal days but cannot carry them over to the following year.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

And to clarify, no one is expecting free handouts from FedEx. We're only expecting them follow through on promises that were made. Gutting the pension, lengthening top-out times, suspending raises, increasing health care costs, and cutting the 401k match are all broken promises.

Actually, these are the few promises that have been made AND kept...but we the employees weren't told that we'd only get a portion of our retirements..that was a stockholder and Uber-Management only type situation.

As long as we keep getting our extra stop per hour, we'll keep getting screwed. Time for us to start being the pitchers and not the catchers in this relationship.

FedEx courier

I am here because the Fedex forums really suck.I just want to make the point that not everyone here at Fedex hates the company and some actually like thier job.Richotta and Mr Fedex like to paint a picture that everyone at Fedex is disgruntled and that simply is not the case.Since coming to this site,I've actually changed alot of my views on the RLA matter and yes its true,the managers are trying to brainwash us on the union sitiuation.They bring it up in every meeting but I am smart enough to make my own decisions.Was I completly against the union? Yes. Am I now?I dont know.My part time job is perfect for me,I'd hate to lose it.Im ok with my pay for the work i do.

Im not trying to convince anyone,only that there are other sides to these guys stories.Just because they hate thier job doesnt mean we all do.
These clowns posting about Fred act as if they are big wigs at Fedex and pretend to know it all when in reality they have the same job as me.

One think I don't understand is why you think you are going to lose your job if the RLA status changes. I can't speak for your station but FedEx has already cut all the routes below the bone where I work. It just seems that they are spreading fear in their campaign to try and stop this RLA change but they could never actually get rid of the people that do the pickups and deliveries.

I agree that there are some people who are totally pleased with how things are at FedEx but if that was the case across the entire company than they wouldn't even be fighting this classification change at all. It wouldn't matter what changed because they would know their employees wouldn't vote it in.

It is very hard to enjoy the fact that FedEx is spending millions of dollars fighting this classification change, meanwhile we have gotten no raise this year and are expected to add 1 stop per hour. I just don't think that offering your employees a new leather jacket after a career is adequate compensation. It is very insulting that the company continues to say they put People and Service before Profit(PSP) and that every employee is Guarenteed Fair Treatment (GFT). That is one of the main problems that I have, calling programs names misleading you to think that they are what they aren't. The truth is that the GFT process is supposed to be modeled like a grievance process except you are basically filing the grievance with the people that made the decision to dicsipline you, it is completely ridiculous. It's like saying, "hey you fired me but I think you were wrong, can I have my job back because you were wrong?". Even you can agree with some of this right? Do you feel like it's fair to spend millions of dollars on a campaign that simply changes the way your employees can vote for a Union.

We don't have the option week here. Do you have a co-pay on your meds?

We have a co-pay option plan on meds...But I haven't enrolled in to it. Seems most of our meds are free anyway with the exception of a few. The most expensive one we've had to pay for was like $20.

FedEX 4 Life

Even you can agree with some of this right? Do you feel like it's fair to spend millions of dollars on a campaign that simply changes the way your employees can vote for a Union.
Yeah I agree about the GFT thing.Complete joke.I remember when I was hired at the orientation they made it souns like it was nearly impossible to get fired because of all the processes that we could go through.

If a competitior was spending millions on trying to change the way us employees can vote for a Union,I'd hope my job would fight back instead of sitting there and letting them do it.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
So instead of having a true freedom of choice to decide for yourselves, you would rather your company fight spending your raises to keep your freedom of choice out of your reaches.

Makes perfect sense! :happy-very:

quadro

So instead of having a true freedom of choice to decide for yourselves, you would rather your company fight spending your raises to keep your freedom of choice out of your reaches.

Makes perfect sense! :happy-very:
You're implying that RLA covered companies don't have freedom of choice which is simply not true. And raises cost far, far more than a few million dollars.

Regardless of that and whether you agree with it or not, companies often spend money defending themselves when giving in would actually be cheaper. Sometimes it's a matter of principle and sometimes it's an investment in the future, among other things.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
You're implying that RLA covered companies don't have freedom of choice which is simply not true. And raises cost far, far more than a few million dollars.

Regardless of that and whether you agree with it or not, companies often spend money defending themselves when giving in would actually be cheaper. Sometimes it's a matter of principle and sometimes it's an investment in the future, among other things.

it simply IS true. Unless I am mistaken, which is possible, you know as well as I that FedExpress cannot become union due to it's right-to-work counterparts that would nearly outright refuse unionization ( as is the REASON for those states which are optional). Period. It is my observation that Express cannot unionize locally because of this RLA exemption. It is, in laymens terms, all or nothing, or am I wrong?

I also disagree that this campaign costs more than a "few million". Do you know the cost offhand, to a T? I certainly wouldn't venture a guess, considering lobbying money and etc. I am pretty sure you couldn't give a number either and feel comfortable what FedEx is actually blowing .

UnconTROLLed

perfection
You already admitted that you know nothing about Fedex and you are still posting like Mr know it all?

DONT FEED THE TROLL!!!

weak reverse-psychology troll attempt.

PS Nice lies. I said "little", which is MORE THAN YOU KNOW. Though you will lie and take me out of context by changing what I said to "nothing". I feel confident in that much. :)

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Go to bed and get some sleep.You need your rest for loading all those boxes tonight.

Here at UPS the drivers rarely if ever load packages, unlike FedEx where it is on your shoulders. ;) So no I will not be loading, although even if I was loading, being compensated fairly would still make it worth it.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
So fedex is soooo much different than UPS.....HUH. In what ways? How is their business model any different than UPS?

The drivers at FedEx come in at 6am and load packages into their trucks. And they make alot less money. That's how! :biting:

Nothing relative to what you are asking, but I figure if the site troll can make stupid comments, two rights make a right in this case.

FedEX 4 Life

;) So no I will not be loading, although even if I was loading, being compensated fairly would still make it worth it.
Ive noticed in alot of your posts you mention how loaders at UPS make alot of money,even more than Fedex drivers.Also you say your shift starts at like midnight which leads me to believe that you are in fact a loader.