The information campaign

O

olcc

I better watch out, I think this is my 4th post of the day. olcc is going to get upset. Chill out olcc I will be off of here in another day or two as I am tiring of the constant complaining and negativity.

Damn right I'm going to call you out on this. Both you and your sister FedEX 4 Life have done nothing but clog up this and other threads with BS. If you actually worked for FedEx, and actually had something worthwhile to contribute, then I would let it slide. But you are both lying, trolling shills who have absolutely no idea what it's really like to work for this company. Leave this thread (and this forum) to people that actually care about making FedEx a better place to work. Good ****ing riddance.

quadro

Im going to go out on a limb here and say this never happened.Accidenlty keying a mic and revealin info on firing people?Sounds like a bunch of made up BS to me.Back in the old days when we use radios,it was impossible to accidently key a mic and have it stay keyed on accidently.NOT GONNA HAPPEN.This is just more made up crap by MrFraggEx.

If your going to make stuff up,atleast try something plausable.
I may not agree with many of the sentiments around here and I'll gladly correct incorrect facts, but fair is fair and you are wrong about keying a mic. It was easily done and happened somewhat frequently.

10-27

Ive keyed the mic by mistake many times but I never keyed the mic by mistake and the mic stayed on for long periods of time.
It used to happen all the time. Remember delivery records? Many times someone would put there clipboard with delivery records between the dash and were the mic was anchored to the orange control head sticker , and there you have it. The mic stayed keyed between stops for several minutes. Very common, heard some interesting things, people talking to themselves, burping, farting, just to name a few.

FedEx courier

No one should forget that Fedex 4 life didn't know what a basic skills test was so any comment that he or she makes is obviously from someone who does'nt work as a courier at Fedex. There is no way that you could be a courier and not know what that is.

quadro

No one should forget that Fedex 4 life didn't know what a basic skills test was so any comment that he or she makes is obviously from someone who does'nt work as a courier at Fedex. There is no way that you could be a courier and not know what that is.
Not necessarily. Couriers that were hired before the basic skills test was implemented wouldn't necessarily know about it. In any event, Fedex 4 Life admitted having a keyed mic on occasion but seems to think that because it hasn't happened to them (having a keyed mic for a long time), it can't happen. A lot of times people would put the mic in the center console and if they placed it in there wrong, it would key the mic.

FedEx courier

Not necessarily. Couriers that were hired before the basic skills test was implemented wouldn't necessarily know about it. In any event, Fedex 4 Life admitted having a keyed mic on occasion but seems to think that because it hasn't happened to them (having a keyed mic for a long time), it can't happen. A lot of times people would put the mic in the center console and if they placed it in there wrong, it would key the mic.

I just seems odd that someone who claims to work for Express for 20 plus years doesn't know what a BST is. Especially someone who has enough interest in defending FedEx by posting on this site almost 250 times.
It was even on job bidding descriptions in jcats.

quadro

I just seems odd that someone who claims to work for Express for 20 plus years doesn't know what a BST is. Especially someone who has enough interest in defending FedEx by posting on this site almost 250 times.
It was even on job bidding descriptions in jcats.
Odd? Maybe, but not necessarily that unusual. If you never had to take it and never really looked at jcats, I could see where someone might not know what it is.
The thing is you are going to have fanatics on both sides of the issues. Unfortunately, fanatics aren't always the best spokespeople for their cause.

FedEX 4 Life

Odd? Maybe, but not necessarily that unusual. If you never had to take it and never really looked at jcats, I could see where someone might not know what it is.
The thing is you are going to have fanatics on both sides of the issues. Unfortunately, fanatics aren't always the best spokespeople for their cause.
I remember it,I just dont have the best memory.I dont remember if i ever took it but i remember a test that sometimes people had to take and if you got over a certain amount of questions wrong you could get terminated.I think thats it.Its been such a long time.Im going onto my 17th year at Fedex.I do remember some things like Sunday delivery with the purple stickers,fedex After Hours,Fedex Extreme Service.All flops.I couldnt stand the old printers,jam could last a half hour.Does anyone remember the old Best Practices where the winning station would recive a 10% payout?How bout profit sharing?How bout getting petty cash and using a payphone to get stops?Or transmitting the tracker data on a payphone.

FedEx courier

That is a pretty good point. I just don't understand why someone would be so adamant about defending FedEx yet not seem to have very much knowledge about the operations. For example the term "hub" is used at FedEx frequently to describe the larger handling facilities. It could happen, but how could someone work at FedEx for twenty plus years and never even look at another route listed in JCATS? Even if it would just out of curiosity? It just seems like if you would be die hard about defending the company not getting reclassified you would be die hard about knowing what you are defending. I really just don't see the motive is all?

FedEX 4 Life

That is a pretty good point. I just don't understand why someone would be so adamant about defending FedEx yet not seem to have very much knowledge about the operations. For example the term "hub" is used at FedEx frequently to describe the larger handling facilities. It could happen, but how could someone work at FedEx for twenty plus years and never even look at another route listed in JCATS? Even if it would just out of curiosity? It just seems like if you would be die hard about defending the company not getting reclassified you would be die hard about knowing what you are defending. I really just don't see the motive is all?
17 years and i never even knew how to use JCATS until 7 years ago.Ive only worked in 2 stations.

FedEx courier

17 years and i never even knew how to use JCATS until 7 years ago.Ive only worked in 2 stations.

I agree that the system itself can be confusing because there is never anyone to explain how to use the green screen, at least in my experience.

I really just don't understand what you get out of being here FedEX 4 Life? Are you here to convince people that the reclassification would be bad or are you just completely anti-union,or are you just here to antagonize people or do you actually want to reach out to them and convince them of something? I've read a lot of your posts and you even bring up some points that make it seem like you are displeased with the company because of a lot of changes over the years that you didn't benefit from. If your not for a Union or even the threat of one then what is your solution to the problems that many employees are having with the company?

If you don't like the idea of a Union and the classification changes you can just not vote for it. The pilots at FedEx are Union, they could strike as easy as anyone. FedEx would only have to deal with a situation that every other company does. It ultimately makes them look really bad when they are saying that their reclassification would severely hurt the overnight shipping industry. It's like they know they are going to have mass amounts of employees vote it in,yet in the same breath they tout that the company is in that top 100 list of best places to work. Doesn't that seem a little bit strange to you?

I can tell you why I'm here, and that was initially to see if there were other people out there that were in similar situations and had similar feelings about these types of things like I did. This is what many of us have chosen as a career so it is important. I am for the reclassification change because I think I and my coworkers will benefit from it. What I'm getting at is that you spend a lot of time on here posting so this issue is obviously important to you, I just don't understand if you think that antagonizing people will convince that your stance is right.

FedEX 4 Life

I agree that the system itself can be confusing because there is never anyone to explain how to use the green screen, at least in my experience.

I really just don't understand what you get out of being here FedEX 4 Life? Are you here to convince people that the reclassification would be bad or are you just completely anti-union,or are you just here to antagonize people or do you actually want to reach out to them and convince them of something? I've read a lot of your posts and you even bring up some points that make it seem like you are displeased with the company because of a lot of changes over the years that you didn't benefit from. If your not for a Union or even the threat of one then what is your solution to the problems that many employees are having with the company?

If you don't like the idea of a Union and the classification changes you can just not vote for it. The pilots at FedEx are Union, they could strike as easy as anyone. FedEx would only have to deal with a situation that every other company does. It ultimately makes them look really bad when they are saying that their reclassification would severely hurt the overnight shipping industry. It's like they know they are going to have mass amounts of employees vote it in,yet in the same breath they tout that the company is in that top 100 list of best places to work. Doesn't that seem a little bit strange to you?

I can tell you why I'm here, and that was initially to see if there were other people out there that were in similar situations and had similar feelings about these types of things like I did. This is what many of us have chosen as a career so it is important. I am for the reclassification change because I think I and my coworkers will benefit from it. What I'm getting at is that you spend a lot of time on here posting so this issue is obviously important to you, I just don't understand if you think that antagonizing people will convince that your stance is right.
I am here because the Fedex forums really suck.I just want to make the point that not everyone here at Fedex hates the company and some actually like thier job.Richotta and Mr Fedex like to paint a picture that everyone at Fedex is disgruntled and that simply is not the case.Since coming to this site,I've actually changed alot of my views on the RLA matter and yes its true,the managers are trying to brainwash us on the union sitiuation.They bring it up in every meeting but I am smart enough to make my own decisions.Was I completly against the union? Yes. Am I now?I dont know.My part time job is perfect for me,I'd hate to lose it.Im ok with my pay for the work i do.

Im not trying to convince anyone,only that there are other sides to these guys stories.Just because they hate thier job doesnt mean we all do.
These clowns posting about Fred act as if they are big wigs at Fedex and pretend to know it all when in reality they have the same job as me.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

UPS drivers get prescriptions with a small co-pay. 15 years 4 weeks vaca 20 years 5 weeks 25 years 6 weeks.

Fixed it for you. Your first post here should be an accurate one.

quadro

I've worked with people who have spent their entire 20+ years at one location. They have no interest in going anywhere else and have never checked jcats so it does happen.
People are adamant about defending FedEx because when the thing they believe in is attacked, they are attacked by proxy and they take it personally. That's why I think that no matter what you believe in, you have to have your facts straight. Get them wrong, and worse, defend those incorrect facts, and you loose credibility. This, of course, is true for both sides.
And just to clarify, routes are never listed in jcats.

Where are your routes listed,and do you use jcats only when you change stations or managers within the station.Do you use it to transition from part time-fulltime or the reverse.There is a good deal of recreational bidding in there people playing games,I think its a good thing if 20 yr people stay off it if there truly not interested in a job.

UPS drivers get prescriptions with a small co-pay. 15 years 4 weeks vaca 20 years 5 weeks 25 years 6 weeks.

Fixed it for you. Your first post here should be an accurate one.

He is 100% accurate if you include the optional week. Which is another week of vacation (granted only paid at 40 hours here)