Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Then quit. Go work elsewhere for 8 hours a day, and no pension.
Lighten up General
100981284842247.jpg

sandwich

The resident gearhead
I have filed grievances on this in the past, but I do not file it against the driver. I file the grievance against UPS for allowing it in violation of CBA. (Not paying them for work performed is also in violation of the Dept. of Labor.)

ARTICLE 17. PAID FOR TIME

The Employer will not allow employees to work prior to their start time without appropriate compensation.
I don't think anyone would mind if you filed on the individual driver loading. Let him know no one likes what he's doing. The union certainly doesn't approve of this behaviour.

PT Car Washer

I don't think anyone would mind if you filed on the individual driver loading. Let him know no one likes what he's doing. The union certainly doesn't approve of this behaviour.
A Union member can not file a grievance against a fellow Union member, only against the company or a management person. You can go to the Union and they can talk to the member and explain that what they are doing is wrong and why.

Indecisi0n

OMG stop crying about OT. Especially at your rates!! It's not a secret. You know what you signed on for. It's not a 9-5 "career." You're acting like spoiled brats. Try going away for 6-12 months at a time for $2000 a month in the service. It boggles my mind that someone cries about earning $30, $40, and $50+ an hour. Too many of you take it for granted. Keep things in perspective.
By the way it's not what I signed up for. When I got hired we were off the clock by 6:30-7:00 the lastest. Slowly it got later and later.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Well then fix the load when you're on the clock. Excuses are like :butt: everyone has one.
I only fix the load when I’m on the clock, if multiple drivers are fixing their loads daily that tells me this loader sucks and needs to be removed

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
We had this problem. The PT sup would send everyone home and tell drivers to get on the clock.

I told the PT sup he doesn't have the authority to start me early and if he does start me early he will have to pay me time and a half ( per our supplemental language).

He tried to act tough and "show me" so no one loaded my truck till my start time. 3 days in a row of late air or them covering my air and my loader never left early again. It's sometimes funny how these PT sups think they know how to play the game because they push around young kids all day. That look of " but...but you have to do as I say" always brightens my day.
Preload Manager makes those decisions

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I only fix the load when I’m on the clock, if multiple drivers are fixing their loads daily that tells me this loader sucks and needs to be removed
I have done a lot of **** to make those 70 days, it is the complete opposite of what I do from day 71 onward.
We need a preload management bashing thread.
Those jackasses will remove you for loading slowly in probation.
You want me removed for the crappy load.
Those jackasses then need to be removed.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I signed up for twelve hour days, but I only get 9 - 10. Sigh... My wife and kids understand finances, so their expectations are tempered accordingly. Plus, I think they think I'm kind of a jerk, so they only tolerate me as long as I'm bringing home the cash. My preloader thinks I'm a jerk too. A job with very little contact with others is perfect for me.