The pain we suffer for drunks

8up

well, i'll be..... i didn't read the article i watched the video link, and didn't quite draw the right picture did i? good thing i'm not out there driving right now. thanx for the clarification.
"i see now", said the blind man.

well, i'll be..... i didn't read the article i watched the video link, and didn't quite draw the right picture did i? good thing i'm not out there driving right now. thanx for the clarification.
"i see now", said the blind man.
LOL, I went back and watched the video and can see how you came to the conclusion there were two people in our truck. The news gal wasn't as clear as she could have been.

BoogaBooga

then the point he made was not true?

We do investigate all accidents thoroughly. that case had nothing to do with safety committees sitting around eating donuts.

There are a lot of people inolved in safety committtees that are actually trying to make a difference. Shop stewards included. Its always easy to stand on the sidelines and badmouth their efforts but I think it reflects poorly on the person lobbing the grenades.

Any coward can stand on the sidelines and lob grenades.
I am so perplexed by how the term "UPS Safety Committee" can cause so much anger from both management and union members. If you honestly feel that an hourly person is not representing your best interest where YOUR personal safety is concerned, then you should talk to that hourly person about their poor performance, and ask them to resign from the committee. Management should help hourly understand the many positives about a safe work enviroment, and why the decision was made to have all UPS Employees learn safe work practices. It gripes me that management has not done the prerequisite for creating good Safety Committees by establishing TRUST first. The "P" in CHSP means that this is a process that takes commitment-over and over, time and time again.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I am so perplexed by how the term "UPS Safety Committee" can cause so much anger from both management and union members....

It makes me angry because it is dishonest.

Our "safety commitees" are not actually safety committees. They are Keter audit compliance committees, nothing more.

UPS's position when it comes to its safety committees is that there will be NO changes made to company policies, procedures, facilities or equipment. A "safety committee" that is not allowed to address or correct flaws in these basic, fundamental issues is both unworthy of the name and a complete waste of time for all concerned.

pkg-king

On an unrelated note, did that guy in the rig have a pony tail? I had to watch it again, it sure does look like a pony tail. They aren't aloud in our area of the country.

diesel96

On an unrelated note, did that guy in the rig have a pony tail? I had to watch it again, it sure does look like a pony tail. They aren't allowed in our area of the country.

I guess you don't have any Jamican Guys in your center.....yah mon !
415%2BJ0UQLfL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Don't mean to sterotype,....but they are allowed a full head of hair...more power to them.
Glad the driver survived....ironically there's a UPS feeder training grounds near the airport in Oakland...