KevinWhipaloo

What's the best way to have nice shelves? Starting with lip loading or at the back of the shelf? At the end of my day they're in order but always look bad

FreedomOne

What's the best way to have nice shelves? Starting with lip loading or at the back of the shelf? At the end of my day they're in order but always look bad

Nothing but something completely flat goes on the back wall early. Lip load and slide/adjust back as needed. Big stuff on the floor, long stuff in the floor. Be ocd about sequence order.

AwashBwashCwash

Lip load boxes in rough numerical order (exact order not important, just estimate how much space you'll need and fill it up as you go)
Throw smalls and envelops behind the row of boxes.

PPH_over_9000

I'm chimin' in on other folks' coattails here. Painting the walls is bull:censored2:, but with the loads we're sending out it's necessary if you're going to fit all/most of the smalls on the shelves. So the key here is to paint the walls intelligently, which really isn't that difficult.

Let's use the 2000 shelf as an example. First package lip-loaded on the shelf should be a 2000 or whatever the first HIN/PAL for the 2000 shelf is (it could be 2042, you really never know). Next to that would be maybe a 2100. Behind those two packages, put a 2200-2300 up against the wall, label facing out. That way when the 2000 and 2100 gets pulled off, the package they see is sometime later in their dispatch. The most important thing is never putting low-numbered PALs behind high-numbered PALs.

As long as the driver can work down the shelf in order, you're gonna be good and he or she will be thankful. The problems arise when loaders randomly fill the shelves, with 2700 at the front, a 2200 behind it, maybe a 4000 misloaded right next to it, and a couple 2400s scattered throughout the shelves with a single envelope underneath an over-70 on the floor.

lip-loading helps, but not much. Those packages move around pretty much the second the driver leaves the center. Being a perfectionist is nice, but literally the first hard brake/turn and a good portion of the preloader's hard work is undone.

KevinWhipaloo

Under what circumstances do preload get double pay, if they do? I work M-friend, Sat are 1.5. Come 4th of July on a Sat, if I worked then would I get double?

KevinWhipaloo

Lip load boxes in rough numerical order (exact order not important, just estimate how much space you'll need and fill it up as you go)
Throw smalls and envelops behind the row of boxes.

One of my drivers says pull the smalls to the front, I don't get what they mean but it would seem that some drivers don't like smalls and envelops in the back

KevinWhipaloo

I'm chimin' in on other folks' coattails here. Painting the walls is bull:censored2:, but with the loads we're sending out it's necessary if you're going to fit all/most of the smalls on the shelves. So the key here is to paint the walls intelligently, which really isn't that difficult.

Let's use the 2000 shelf as an example. First package lip-loaded on the shelf should be a 2000 or whatever the first HIN/PAL for the 2000 shelf is (it could be 2042, you really never know). Next to that would be maybe a 2100. Behind those two packages, put a 2200-2300 up against the wall, label facing out. That way when the 2000 and 2100 gets pulled off, the package they see is sometime later in their dispatch. The most important thing is never putting low-numbered PALs behind high-numbered PALs.

As long as the driver can work down the shelf in order, you're gonna be good and he or she will be thankful. The problems arise when loaders randomly fill the shelves, with 2700 at the front, a 2200 behind it, maybe a 4000 misloaded right next to it, and a couple 2400s scattered throughout the shelves with a single envelope underneath an over-70 on the floor.

lip-loading helps, but not much. Those packages move around pretty much the second the driver leaves the center. Being a perfectionist is nice, but literally the first hard brake/turn and a good portion of the preloader's hard work is undone.

That's basically what I do, it's when I get shelves of 70+ pieces and they go into the next shelf. Say I have 75 2000's, that will obviously extend into the 6000 unless I puzzle everything together to minimize space. One driver complained about which is why I brought up load quality.

Does load quality refer to the numerical order of the packages while having everything on the right shelf? Is puzzling packages perfectly just extra credit unless the truck is packed?

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Under what circumstances do preload get double pay, if they do? I work M-friend, Sat are 1.5. Come 4th of July on a Sat, if I worked then would I get double?
What supplement?

In 710, we would receive double time.
A. Full -time seniority Employees called to work on any of the above listed holidays shall be guaranteed a minimum of eight (8) continuous hours of work or its equivalent in pay at two times the regular rate in addition to the eight (8) hours pay above referred to.

And that is applicable to part timers, as well.

. Seniority Part -Time Employees Seniority part -time Employees shall be entitled only to the following named holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Eve Day. As to these holidays, all of the provisions set forth above, shall apply except that holiday pay for eligible part -time seniority Employees shall be four (4) hours’ pay at the straight time hourly rate.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Sunday sorts (which we’ve been doing here) you get double time regardless of how many days you’ve worked that week.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
They should give new hire preloaders to the people who come in and organize their truck anyways off the clock