GenericUsername

Well these pt sups like to say, "oh so you won't work as directed" warning letter till it's give me your id..

We had issues where they were taking people doing irregs and using them on the belts causing irregs to back up then have late leave times for drivers. Once this happened we were all told the same thing in one PCM. No belt supes were to give any direction to people outside of their belts.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
We $17 nao.
7AEZpG0.gif

KevinWhipaloo

I'm new to Preload, tomorrow is my first day. Any tips?

Should I grab 3-4 packages at once?
Should I grab a bundle of packages for only one car at a time?

eats packages

Deranged lunatic

You can do anything with them as long as you don't grab em by the

(but really if it weighs more than 10 pounds I just pick up 1 piece, this is UPS, heavy crap, most everything is a 1-piece carry)

ZeroHandicapper

Olympic Preload Gold Medalist

For RDR, RDL, and RDC starting out, just jump up on the belt and make a digging motion (like a dog) with the PC behind you. Flip the packages to their respective spots. After the first week you will be able to do those as well as MFL, and MFR. I am finally fine tuning my 1000's. Good luck man. One package at a time and a rolling stone gathers no moss.

Hot Carl

They didn't even bother to bump up our start times for Valentine's Day next week. So that means we're going to drown in the avalanche of flowers, candy, Shari's Berries, lingerie, and sex toys all shoved down our throats in a <5 hr window all because they don't wanna pay us OT. So :censored2: them. Not even gonna care when the trucks pull late and everyone has late air. Enjoy your misloads everyone!

KevinWhipaloo

Today was my first day on the floor.

When scheduling for next week, I think my supervisor threatened me in order make me work on a schedule he wanted.

The job I applied for was Tues-Sat, after my first floor today my supervisor said that if I can't work Monday they could lay me off, so I agreed to work on Monday for this week. I'm not sure if I'm stuck on this schedule, Mon-Fri, instead of the original as I would much rather prefer Tues-Sat.

Is this a common tactic of supervisors in getting their way with newcomers?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Today was my first day on the floor.

When scheduling for next week, I think my supervisor threatened me in order make me work on a schedule he wanted.

The job I applied for was Tues-Sat, after my first floor today my supervisor said that if I can't work Monday they could lay me off, so I agreed to work on Monday for this week. I'm not sure if I'm stuck on this schedule, Mon-Fri, instead of the original as I would much rather prefer Tues-Sat.

Is this a common tactic of supervisors in getting their way with newcomers?

how bad you need a job Kev

KevinWhipaloo

Bring a roll of quarters and a tube sock

What does that mean?

Also, I was put on the line for the trucks that get the most air and are the first to leave. Is that good? I was also given 4 trucks my first day? Is that good?

I was told there's no running allowed? Is that true?

I'm confused on last call, does that mean my main priority is getting the packages in front or into the trucks? Regardless if it's messy? The drivers were putting it into their trucks themselves, as I was rushing to get all the packages to their trucks. I'm confused about this, are drivers supposed to help? Or because they're the first trucks to leave, that they are under more pressure to get out early and thus need to work themselves to get out early?

Too many questions my first day that are unanswered, my supervisor didn't care unless for getting the packages into the trucks, which I felt bad for the drivers.

watdaflock?

Most importantly, get the packages in the right truck. Second, get the packages close-to where they belong.
Safety third.

my supervisor didn't care unless for getting the packages into the trucks, which I felt bad for the drivers.
First day, and you figured out UPS! Congrats! Don't feel bad for the drivers, they are paid exceptionally well to just drive around and deliver packages.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
What does that mean?

Also, I was put on the line for the trucks that get the most air and are the first to leave. Is that good? I was also given 4 trucks my first day? Is that good?

I'm confused on last call, does that mean my main priority is getting the packages in front or into the trucks? Regardless if it's messy? The drivers were putting it into their trucks themselves, as I was rushing to get all the packages to their trucks. I'm confused about this, are drivers supposed to help? Or because they're the first trucks to leave, that they are under more pressure to get out early and thus need to work themselves to get out early?

Too many questions my first day that are unanswered, my supervisor didn't care unless for getting the packages into the trucks, which I felt bad for the drivers.
Yeah, you’re gonna work out just fine...

D

Deleted member 77202

They didn't even bother to bump up our start times for Valentine's Day next week. So that means we're going to drown in the avalanche of flowers, candy, Shari's Berries, lingerie, and sex toys all shoved down our throats in a <5 hr window all because they don't wanna pay us OT. So :censored2: them. Not even gonna care when the trucks pull late and everyone has late air. Enjoy your misloads everyone!
Hehehehehe -- you said sex toys shoved down your throats

AwashBwashCwash

What does that mean?

4 trucks is standard, doesn't mean anything.
Every preload sup will tell you that your main job is to get packages on trucks.
They don't give a damn about load quality. Just put the package on the truck.

Drivers of course would disagree with this, but you don't work for the drivers, so do what you need to do to keep your job.

And a lot of drivers will come in early to help because they have been conditioned by UPS. At my building we have one driver come in at 7 AM every day and start loading his truck for free. They got him with the fear. That's the kind of place this is. Welcome aboard.

D

Deleted member 77202

4 trucks is standard, doesn't mean anything.
Every preload sup will tell you that your main job is to get packages on trucks.
They don't give a damn about load quality. Just put the package on the truck.

Drivers of course would disagree with this, but you don't work for the drivers, so do what you need to do to keep your job.

And a lot of drivers will come in early to help because they have been conditioned by UPS. At my building we have one driver come in at 7 AM every day and start loading his truck for free. They got him with the fear. That's the kind of place this is. Welcome aboard.
Lots of drivers come in early and help to finish loading their trucks where I'm at too.