The raise in 2002 was bigger than in 2019

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Are you talking about the President Trump tax break? That Billion is factored in.
Into what more concessions that the union is trying to give UPS with 22.4s and weak contract language that UPS will manipulate to their advantage.

BigBrown87

Okay, I actually agree with you. I would have started the part timers at 12 an hour and kept it that way so you could get your buck an hour. I know its very hard to live on 36 an hour.
Why would it be my buck? Part timers that have been in this company over 4 years would also receive this $1hr raise as well. If you want to look and see what you are writing before you say it, then you would realize half the crap you talk about is nothing more then panhandling for this union contract to be a big win for the company. This is the only issue I have with the union, old union guys that have been around long enough to retire and throw some garbage together and preach it is gold. Not buying it @Tony Q and never will, go back and actually push UPS on the real issues and get a better deal not this :censored2:. Personally if I was you I would have went deep bunker mode once this crap contract came out, especially after you talk about how it had something in it for everyone. Which was not true the only thing this contract has is concessions for the company with a meager pay bump that does not keep up with COLA.

Time for change

Well Tony not all the part timers are getting the big bump just recent hires and those that haven’t worked a day at UPS, pathetic and why this contract won’t pass. If they were good to all part timers on the bump, it would pass even with the hybrid bs.

Time for change

What is Denis T’s IQ? I bet the company negotiators have higher IQ and are more savvy negotiators. Not impressed with company throwing numbers out and Denis swallowing them.

Tony Q

And to answer your question in some states or cities 36hr is not a good enough wage to raise a family. You should try to get out more with Denis before you sit at the negotiating table and assume everyone is ok with what your proposing to UPS.
I cant help that 36 an hour isn't enough for you in your place of living. Do you think you are worth more than everyone else. Its the same work.

BigBrown87

I cant help that 36 an hour isn't enough for you in your place of living. Do you think you are worth more than everyone else. Its the same work.
The fact that you cant man up and admit our union has bad negotiators and gave the cow to UPS on this contract shows you have no integrity.

Indecisi0n

Just pulled out my contract book, Aug 1,2002 through July 31, 2008.

We actually got larger raises 17 years ago!

WTF ARE YOU DOING DENNIS???? 17 YEARS OF INFLATION AND YOU "MANAGED" TO NEGOTIATE THE SAME GOD DAMNED THING!!

YOU REPRESENT US, NOT UPS :censored2:!!!!!
2002, you old brah

BigBrown87

How come you aren't negotiating the contract? You content to sit on the sidelines and point fingers.
Sorry not a Hoffa kiss ass and yes I can point fingers as i have the right to freedom of speech and pay union dues to the teamsters. Anymore smartass remarks you got for me I would be willing to guess that you know the contract sucks but are to busy kissing Dennis ass to care at this point.

BigBrown87

I am pretty sure I answered it. You need to live within your means. Either that or get the wife to make some cash.
Not speaking on my behalf on wages, look at San Francisco or New York city you think 36hr will get you a place to live and support a family. See you look at your perspective and are to lazy to talk to other members about their livelihood and how they perceive the issues we should be addressing in this contract. To say to someone the answer is you need to live within your means and not examine the issue as being in their life circumstances is ignorant and selfish. But I'm so glad that we have you to look out for us in the union I'm sure after you pick the bones with this contract the rest of us should be fine with the garbage you have left us.

Time for change

Tony definitely doesn’t get the part that very few are angered or concerned about regular top driver rate, in fact the vast majority of UPS hourly employees are nowhere near that. Personally I’d like to see the dirty IBT and company get their hands out of the pension and have personalized accounts or matching 401k. I do not trust the pension, would rather see the money upfront or put into my own fund where the union or company can’t friend$*# it up.

BigBrown87

Tony definitely doesn’t get the part that very few are angered or concerned about regular top driver rate, in fact the vast majority of UPS hourly employees are nowhere near that. Personally I’d like to see the dirty IBT and company get their hands out of the pension and have personalized accounts or matching 401k. I do not trust the pension, would rather see the money upfront or put into my own funds where the union or company could friend$*# it up.
The only thing he sees is what Hoffa and Dennis tell him to see, anybody with one eye could see that this contract is not for the unions benefit. He will never admit that the contract is garbage because he would have to admit that his own work was crap to began with.

Last edited:

Does anyone know what the pt yearly raises have been over the last 30 years? Or even better since ‘82?

Time for change

Tony has to realize the contract is worse than the one coming out of the Great Recession and we are in an incredible economic boom. 1989- that’d be great to see, and even more importantly starting rates since 1982.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!

:censored2: Dennis! Biggest UPS scab the teamsters have ever seen!

TonyQ that video you posted.........lets analyze it shall we?

First, a 16 year package driver with tats on the forearms? I call BULL:censored2:! No driver would get visible tats WHILE they were drivers, therefore this limp noodle would have gotten them before he started and before they were, "the cool thing to do." I call BULL:censored2:!

Second, We hear YET AGAIN, health care will cost us nothing. I believe the saying was, "not $500, not $50, not even $5" This :censored2: was tired the last contract. It was a lie then and is a lie now! Also this company suck-up claims that healthcare was a top priority? I didn't see or hear one employee raise it as an issue! But hey $1 is about the only positive they can say about the contract!!!

Third, whats this crap about $5 more going into the pension fund? I listened in on Dennis' magical mystery tour....err mean phone call and he said $1 (SPLIT 'TWEEN HEALTHCARE AND PENSION) not $5! But hey, gotta pull numbers out of his arse to make this :censored2:hole of a contract sound good huh?

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
So what did you lose out on. Humor me and let me know where you lost.

16 YEARS OF INFLATION! We make less now than we did in 2002!

0 change in the excessive 9.5 bull:censored2:. So I get to lose out on family time some more!

I lost out on a Teamster leadership that was actually concerned about myself and my brothers and sisters!