The Runner Gunner Lunch Skippers are HATING the new DOT lunch rule

Upsmule

BTW, as a "runner gunner" :/ this new rule doesn't mean shyt and hasn't kept me from doing exactly what I have to do everyday to have a life.

Next.....

BTW, as a "runner gunner" :/ this new rule doesn't mean shyt and hasn't kept me from doing exactly what I have to do everyday to have a life.

Next.....
Wait till one of your union brothers calls the dot on you and ups gets fined 60k. They will terminate your employment so quick it will make your head spin. You are t bigger than ups or federal laws.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Wait till one of your union brothers calls the dot on you and ups gets fined 60k. They will terminate your employment so quick it will make your head spin. You are t bigger than ups or federal laws.

The ghost of Ayn Rand will protect him. THE GUBERMENT WON'T KEEP HIM FROM WORKIN' FOR FREE.

Upsmule

hahaha :) Oh yeah, I'm shaking in my running shoes. Not.

I am shaking my head as I'm getting paid time and a half to
eat dinner with my family as the ups guy drives by my house.

​Next.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG

that union brother will be getting fed through a tube for a few weeks

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
hahaha :) Oh yeah, I'm shaking in my running shoes. Not.

I am shaking my head as I'm getting paid time and a half to
eat dinner with my family as the ups guy drives by my house.

​Next.
and we'll be shaking our heads when your unsafe work methods cause to have a roll away,you run over a kid ,you crash the package car from speeding or any of the other tragedies that will occur from your actions. You will be posting in surprise and wonderment that the very center manager that patted you on the head Yday for making his numbers looks good is the same one who is terminating you.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

Next.....

I have a rural route and I take a half hour lunch.

So if you are a runner gunner on my route, the half hour lunch you skip will be more than made up for by the wrong turns you make, the time you lose searching for unmarked houses and hard-to-find addresses, and all the little "shortcuts" that I know about and you dont.

The only way you are going to "beat me" on my route.... is (a) to go fishtailing and ripping along gravel roads at 45 MPH like they do in the Dukes of Hazzard and (b) to show up at my pickups 3 hours before their scheduled pick up time and demand that they wrap up early so that you can burn on out of there.

Option (a) will result in some redneck hillbilly chasing you down and beating the :censored2: out of you for nearly running him off the road and kicking up huge clouds of dust. Option (b) will result in your fellow drivers chasing you down and beating the :censored2: out of you because the office pages them and makes them drive 10 miles out of their way to close out the pickup that you showed up at 3 hours early.

Wanna "run and gun" my route? Be my guest. I dont have a damn thing to prove and you are the one who is going to wind up making enemies. When you are 15 miles from the nearest public bathroom and on the verge of crapping your pants, you are better off making friends than enemies. I know who my friends are up there.

Upsmule

A route like that obviously limits ones options. Pissing on everyone's options is just sour grapes. Whatever ......

Ah, seems to be endemic. Our Stupes stick them outside the kingbox so its a mess when you go to pull it off or a nice fat pouch of water when it rains (and it does rain here)

Simple. Take the mess inside and plop on whatever mgmts desk is available and tell them the trailer wont roll until you have new copies.

oldngray

nowhere special
Hey, expect the unexpected.

Thats an oxymoron btw. :P ha!

I got charged with an accident because I didn't expect the unexpected. They wanted to charge me with an accident when a drunk guy backed up and hit me and that was the only excuse they could use.

Upsmule

I got charged with an accident because I didn't expect the unexpected. They wanted to charge me with an accident when a drunk guy backed up and hit me and that was the only excuse they could use.

Again...fella's....I get it honest I do. I don't fault anyone of you that can stay out and keep these bastards honest day in and day out. I've tried believe me....and what happened? I get called in the next morning and have my job threatened with charges of "industrial sabotage." You can't make that shyte up! Needless to say, that was years ago, and that center manager is long gone and I'm that much closer to my last day. BTW, I have the best center manager in the world. And that means everything at this job as we all know.

oldngray

nowhere special
Again...fella's....I get it honest I do. I don't fault anyone of you that can stay out and keep these bastards honest day in and day out. I've tried believe me....and what happened? I get called in the next morning and have my job threatened with charges of "industrial sabotage." You can't make that shyte up! Needless to say, that was years ago, and that center manager is long gone and I'm that much closer to my last day. BTW, I have the best center manager in the world. And that means everything at this job as we all know.

Most who are close are just marking time. When all old timers gone UPS can lie, abuse, and cheat the newer people who don't know very much.

Agreed. Only a matter of time before something happens and do you really expect UPS to cover your butt then?

(Overheard in the center manager's office)

Sup: "Muley friend'ed up and got caught working his lunch. He always made our numbers look good and we encouraged him so we got his back, right?"

center manager: "Oh yea, sure. But I have to fire someone because corporate is head hunting because of this so that means me or you."

Sup: " So you're firing Muley?"

center manager: " ***** yea!"

(laughter)