The split is real.

bowhnterdon

There it is! Thats the truth of the situation. The concept of brotherhood is dead. Everyone is in this for themselves.

I made progression many years ago and have one foot out the door, so it doesnt affect me too much. But from my perspective, i see a membership divided by their own self interests, coming up with excuses to justify a selfish vote that is not in everyones best interest.
No doubt. Brotherhood is dead. Pension and Healthcare amounts all over the map. How could one Union,one Company have so many different plans. Some are great and people retire with a decent Pension. Others have to worry how much theirs will get cut...

You should. I know you don't like the union and feel the company would treat better. So I'm sure FedEx ground would treat you like a king.
I dont dislike anyone. (The union or the company) The union can’t keep me working. And the company can’t work me because of the union. My last local can work me. But that’s 75 miles away. I can’t live my lifestyle there either. I don’t really have the time to work 5 days a week.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
A better question might be “What’s the union worth if the guy next to me is making six bucks an hour less?”
If it passes a majority of has to vote yes meaning "the union" will have given the members what they want.

The union is only as strong as its members are willing to be.

brown_trousers

I dont dislike anyone. (The union or the company) The union can’t keep me working. And the company can’t work me because of the union. My last local can work me. But that’s 75 miles away. I can’t live my lifestyle there either. I don’t really have the time to work 5 days a week.
That sounds like a weird situation. Does it have something to do with transfering and losing seniority? Or is it your specific job?