The Trump Election and FedEx

Meat

[QUOTE="sandwich, post: 2477780, memberBut one thing I do know is that FedEx and ups did not want trump to win based on his views on free trade agreements. I know both of our companies were looking forward to the tpp deal passing but trump wants to scrap that asap.[/QUOTE]

Ha ha ha - the very definition of absurdity.

Please answer the following:

What presidential candidate last followed through on their campaign promises?

Do humans often take actions that will adversely affect their own interests?

Has president-elect Trump profited from NAFTA?

Does president-elect trump own companies in Mexico?

Will president-elect Trump profit from the TPP?

Has the bar been permanently lowered by the 2016 election?

vantexan

[QUOTE="sandwich, post: 2477780, memberBut one thing I do know is that FedEx and ups did not want trump to win based on his views on free trade agreements. I know both of our companies were looking forward to the tpp deal passing but trump wants to scrap that asap.

Has the bar been permanently lowered by the 2016 election?[/QUOTE]
A question. Why are Democrats complaining about the Electoral College when they have the super delegate system? Enough of them were already committed to Clinton and insured her the nomination over Sanders.

It will be fine

No but it insures the nomination goes to whom the party wants and not necessarily to who the people want.
Yes I agree it's a bad system, the difference is the DNC is a private company and has no public obligation to serve the will of the people. The US government does have that obligation. Complaining about the electoral college after losing is stupid. If the election was decided by popular vote the campaign would play out very differently with different results. It's the rules and everybody knew them going in.

bacha29

No but it insures the nomination goes to whom the party wants and not necessarily to who the people want.
Aren't you forgetting something here? it's called the primary's. The problem with the DNC way of doing it is the " super delegate" process which over weights the convention in favor of the party's preferred candidate. Rest assured that something will be done about by 2020 especially if there is a populist candidate that has a legitimate chance to win.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
But one thing I do know is that FedEx and ups did not want trump to win based on his views on free trade agreements. I know both of our companies were looking forward to the tpp deal passing but trump wants to scrap that asap.

Our companies would do just as well with the trade agreements as they would without. The goods are going to move, regardless. The only question is from where to where. Both FedEx and UPS have their bases covered.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Yes I agree it's a bad system, the difference is the DNC is a private company and has no public obligation to serve the will of the people. The US government does have that obligation.

The government has no obligation to serve the will of the people. That's why we have the Constitution. But agree with everything else, everyone knew the rules and campaigned to win the election based on the rules.

Arguing that the popular vote winner "won" despite losing the electoral vote is like complaining that the team with the most yards of offense "won" the football game despite being outscored.

Meat

[/QUOTE]
A question. Why are Democrats complaining about the Electoral College when they have the super delegate system? Enough of them were already committed to Clinton and insured her the nomination over Sanders.[/QUOTE]

Ask a Democrat.

bacha29

A question. Why are Democrats complaining about the Electoral College when they have the super delegate system? Enough of them were already committed to Clinton and insured her the nomination over Sanders.[/QUOTE]

Ask a Democrat.[/QUOTE]
Indeed .That " super delegate" nominating system for all intents and purposes is a rigged system. The worrisome part is that Trump and Clinton two flawed tainted and unqualified candidates was the best that the two major parties had to offer the nation. And the really scary part is that there is no one coming up through the respective parties that look anything close to being qualified and or electable.

sandwich

The resident gearhead

Has the bar been permanently lowered by the 2016 election?

Did you watch the recent video where trump stated he is pulling the U.S. out of the tpp deal immediately. Did you know that both ups and FedEx were chomping at the bit for the tpp deal to pass which is why neither company supported trump.

vantexan

Did you watch the recent video where trump stated he is pulling the U.S. out of the tpp deal immediately. Did you know that both ups and FedEx were chomping at the bit for the tpp deal to pass which is why neither company supported trump.
Read that this morning. Might be why Fred S paid him a visit.

Bounty

If all taxes were cut to .25%, would the US government magically come out of debt? This whole idea that cutting taxes always results in better economic circumstances is crazy talk.
What's your plan? Raise taxes and have the government put more social plans in place so the middle class can flip the bill for more people to sit home and become a burden. I guess in your mind the government doesn't waste tons of money.