The Trump Election and FedEx

bbsam

Staff member
I'm not sure I get your point, but if they saved it it's theirs and they should do what they want with it.
They didn't save it. That's the point. How can we have war after war and tax cut after tax cut all led by baby boomers and none of it paid for?

bacha29

They didn't save it. That's the point. How can we have war after war and tax cut after tax cut all led by baby boomers and none of it paid for?
It's not good but remember the federal deficit as a percentage of the GDP is the lowest it's been since WW2.

bbsam

Staff member
It's not good but remember the federal deficit as a percentage of the GDP is the lowest it's been since WW2.
How can we tax ourselves little, run up the expenses and determine that.our children should pay? Why shouldn't they insist we pay it off?

vantexan

How can we tax ourselves little, run up the expenses and determine that.our children should pay? Why shouldn't they insist we pay it off?
I think if Democrats run up the debt, only Democrats should pay on it, at least proportionately. Seems fair considering only Democrats should enjoy all of those amazing programs.

bbsam

Staff member
I think if Democrats run up the debt, only Democrats should pay on it, at least proportionately. Seems fair considering only Democrats should enjoy all of those amazing programs.
Incorrect. You Republicans can't seem to grasp the UNITED concept.

vantexan

Do your homework. Our tax rates are low and spending high. It's simple. Politicians (Trump included) don't have the balls to do what's necessary.
Our corporate taxes are the highest in the world. And before you trot out the tired old "they don't pay taxes" there's two trillion dollars parked overseas to avoid taxation. Trump wants to get them to repatriate that money to invest in the country, cutting them a break to do it.

bbsam

Staff member
And since you did say "if", I think we both know republicans have done more that their share to put us in and keep us in this hole.

vantexan

Incorrect. You Republicans can't seem to grasp the UNITED concept.
No, you miss my point. Bacha repeatedly has said if we don't believe in various Democrat created programs we shouldn't receive any benefit from them. OK, only Democrats should pay for them then if we can't participate.

bbsam

Staff member
Our corporate taxes are the highest in the world. And before you trot out the tired old "they don't pay taxes" there's two trillion dollars parked overseas to avoid taxation. Trump wants to get them to repatriate that money to invest in the country, cutting them a break to do it.
Really van? You really should take a business class sometime. No business with any decent accountant pays anything close to 35%. Not even close. As our accountant once told me, tax code is written by business for business. Accountants are just there to apply the code to the business' specific circumstances.

vantexan

And since you did say "if", I think we both know republicans have done more that their share to put us in and keep us in this hole.
National debt was at 9 trillion at the end of GWB's presidency. And he spent plenty. The spending under Obama has gone way beyond saving us from the recession. And I agree, with plenty of Republican support in Congress. When are you going to realize you can't spend your way out of every problem? Might get away with it for awhile but the bills are coming due. The only real chance we have of getting out from under is making the U.S. the premier country for investment with a strong economy. Money will pour in from all over the world if they see real rewards for risking their money, which will never happen with the welfare state we're becoming.