The Trump Election and FedEx

bbsam

Staff member
What's your plan? Raise taxes and have the government put more social plans in place so the middle class can flip the bill for more people to sit home and become a burden. I guess in your mind the government doesn't waste tons of money.
Not what I said. How low should taxes be to cover the services we have decided we want and cover the debt we have incurred? I've asked a very appropriate question that you don't want to answer. Cutting taxes to stimulate growth only takes us so far. David Stockman will tell you that.

vantexan

I hesitate to believe anything pushed by the Left because of many years of misinformation, lies, whatever it takes to get their way. Clinton was the beneficiary of the dot.com boom so his tax hikes didn't hurt too much. Tax cuts are designed to stimulate a lack luster economy, which is where we're at. I'll agree that there's much more to an economy than taxes but tell me how an economy thrives if taxes are punitive?

Bounty

Not what I said. How low should taxes be to cover the services we have decided we want and cover the debt we have incurred? I've asked a very appropriate question that you don't want to answer. Cutting taxes to stimulate growth only takes us so far. David Stockman will tell you that.
Would you rather keep your money and decide what you do with it, or give it to the government and have them decide for you?

bacha29

I hesitate to believe anything pushed by the Left because of many years of misinformation, lies, whatever it takes to get their way. Clinton was the beneficiary of the dot.com boom so his tax hikes didn't hurt too much. Tax cuts are designed to stimulate a lack luster economy, which is where we're at. I'll agree that there's much more to an economy than taxes but tell me how an economy thrives if taxes are punitive?
94% of the Bush tax cuts went to the wealthiest 3% of the population. Combine it with the repeal of Glass Steagal and what do you end up with? The worst recession in generations. Now under the Trump tax plan everybody gets a tax cut except those at the bottom whose rate is currently at 10%. Well, that goes to 12%. Likewise under Trumps plan to boost military spending and infrastructure spending the federal deficit currently at around 590 billion will go to 1.5 trillion annually under Trumps plan. So what do you do? Simple. You go after entitlements including Social Security Medicare VA benefits Medicaid etc. Let's see how far he gets with that and still hold on to his Congressional majority?

Bounty

94% of the Bush tax cuts went to the wealthiest 3% of the population. Combine it with the repeal of Glass Steagal and what do you end up with? The worst recession in generations. Now under the Trump tax plan everybody gets a tax cut except those at the bottom whose rate is currently at 10%. Well, that goes to 12%. Likewise under Trumps plan to boost military spending and infrastructure spending the federal deficit currently at around 590 billion will go to 1.5 trillion annually under Trumps plan. So what do you do? Simple. You go after entitlements including Social Security Medicare VA benefits Medicaid etc. Let's see how far he gets with that and still hold on to his Congressional majority?
You spew nonsense, nobody is touching social security, Medicare or the va. Typical democratic propaganda!!

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Not what I said. How low should taxes be to cover the services we have decided we want and cover the debt we have incurred?

Debt isn't a result of taxes being too low, it's a result of spending too much. Maybe we should be asking how much should we be spending to not exceed the revenues we're generating from taxation.

bacha29

You spew nonsense, nobody is touching social security, Medicare or the va. Typical democratic propaganda!!
They have the votes in Congress to do it. It's all part of the first 200 days of the new session of Congress. Any new spending must be met with cuts elsewhere. With discretionary spending cut to the max all that's left to go after is entitlements. If the huge cuts that are on the table impact you in a negative manner you cannot blame it on we Progressive's because we don't have enough votes now to stop anything they want to do. Just remember the GOP ideology . If you're not rich.......it's your fault.

Bounty

They have the votes in Congress to do it. It's all part of the first 200 days of the new session of Congress. Any new spending must be met with cuts elsewhere. With discretionary spending cut to the max all that's left to go after is entitlements. If the huge cuts that are on the table impact you in a negative manner you cannot blame it on we Progressive's because we don't have enough votes now to stop anything they want to do. Just remember the GOP ideology . If you're not rich.......it's your fault.
Well, whose fault is it? I'm not done trying yet. Dems believe everything that goes wrong is somebody else's fault and someone else should pay for their shortcomings.

vantexan

SS is a pay as you go system. Those Congressmen want to keep their jobs. Just not going to happen, but let's revisit this in July.