The worthless union

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I have absolutely no interest in joining the union. I do not need job security as my work speaks for itself, does anyone know how to avoid joining the union at UPS? I believe that I should keep every penny of my paycheck, my hard earned money deserves to stay in my pocket - not in the corrupt hands of a union. Any advice?
management

just remember you say that, then pay your taxes to the most corrupt hands of all.

brett636

5055032357_69d1d1be72.jpg

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I have absolutely no interest in joining the union. I do not need job security as my work speaks for itself, does anyone know how to avoid joining the union at UPS? I believe that I should keep every penny of my paycheck, my hard earned money deserves to stay in my pocket - not in the corrupt hands of a union. Any advice?

You have 3 options.

1--move to a "right to work" state

2--go into management

3--take a job at a non-union company.

If none of these 3 options are acceptable to you, then you need to accept the reality that you will be paying union dues if you want to continue working at UPS. Deal with it.

packageguy

listen to what you sound like A**H***,
one day you will need them and your
brothers and sisters, If you think they
are your friend, screw up see where you
go. Second of all, you just see one building
manager, wait till he leaves and you get
a hard ass. no matter how hard or smart
you work, never good enough.

Don't knock the unon for putting food and
benefits in pocket. then quit this job, see
what out there. where will make this money
with a pension, and 401k.
p.s. sounds like, with your education
shoveling **** in in a sewer.

Notcool

Union dues on part timers are stupid. We don't make enough as it is. I joined the union after five years because of pressure from steward and our hub is firing people left and right. Now I am paying dues so there goes those raises I got through the last five years. It is as if I just started all over again.

packageguy

Union dues on part timers are stupid. We don't make enough as it is. I joined the union after five years because of pressure from steward and our hub is firing people left and right. Now I am paying dues so there goes those raises I got through the last five years. It is as if I just started all over again.

So you gave up 5 years of pension credit away.
So the union is good now, you joined because
they are firing people left and right. Listen to
what you saying.

Notcool

I joined because my union steward told me people that are not in the union will soon be gone.
So what choice do I have? I work for UPS not the union if ups wants to fire me so be it. I can make the 200 a week I get loading easily at another easier job. I have insurance from my other job. Union is great for drivers you have high paying jobs and a lot to loose. My 200 dollars a week loading is laughable. Ask anybody off the street to come load these trucks for less and a year till you get insurance haha they would laugh at you. I am just saying union dues on part timers are dumb. What has the union done for pts lately? How about typing in a normal font

packageguy

If its just 200 then leave, you make it sound like it's nothing.
You know somebody is behind wating to take the job.
You made a good choice.

JonFrum

You have 3 options.

1--move to a "right to work" state

2--go into management

3--take a job at a non-union company.

If none of these 3 options are acceptable to you, then you need to accept the reality that you will be paying union dues if you want to continue working at UPS. Deal with it.

There's a fourth option: Wait a few years as Big Labor travels further down its road to self-destruction.

Organized Labor has been going slowly, steadily downhill for over half a century, in good times and bad, under Democrats and Republicans alike.

Now Labor has hitched its ride to the Radical Left and the Occupy Movement. That alienates a lot of people.

Union Pension Funds are a financial disaster and will only get worse as no new members or employers want to get on a sinking ship.

The Unions in Federal, State and Local Government have so worn out their welcome that even Democrat Mayors, and Governors have turned against them. Paying for their demands is seen as impossible as it will lead to bankruptcy. Look for Unions to be banned in most Government workplaces, or at least greatly reduced in power.

The public is turned off by Union strong-arm tactics and violence.

The NLRB is key to Union strength. But it has been so pro-Labor that a backlash is brewing. Look for it to be reduced in power, and Labor Laws rewritten.

The prolonged Recession/Depression is hurting Unions by reducing membership, and reducing investment earnings in their benefit funds.

And then there's five more years of Hoffa, the impossible-to-reform Old Guard, concessionary Contracts, a non-functioning National Grievance Committee, high dues for very little representation, and an angry and dejected workforce.

The End Is Near.

washington57

There's a fourth option: Wait a few years as Big Labor travels further down its road to self-destruction.

Organized Labor has been going slowly, steadily downhill for over half a century, in good times and bad, under Democrats and Republicans alike.

Now Labor has hitched its ride to the Radical Left and the Occupy Movement. That alienates a lot of people.

Union Pension Funds are a financial disaster and will only get worse as no new members or employers want to get on a sinking ship.

The Unions in Federal, State and Local Government have so worn out their welcome that even Democrat Mayors, and Governors have turned against them. Paying for their demands is seen as impossible as it will lead to bankruptcy. Look for Unions to be banned in most Government workplaces, or at least greatly reduced in power.

The public is turned off by Union strong-arm tactics and violence.

The NLRB is key to Union strength. But it has been so pro-Labor that a backlash is brewing. Look for it to be reduced in power, and Labor Laws rewritten.

The prolonged Recession/Depression is hurting Unions by reducing membership, and reducing investment earnings in their benefit funds.

And then there's five more years of Hoffa, the impossible-to-reform Old Guard, concessionary Contracts, a non-functioning National Grievance Committee, high dues for very little representation, and an angry and dejected workforce.

The End Is Near.

Jon, It is so depressing hearing you of all people say this. I know it is true. The only way things will get better is if UPS part-timers start participating in the union AND the economy improves.

Also @ salts: I think of my union dues as paying for my healthcare. Either pay dues or pay a portion of each of your checks to pay for your benes.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

The End Is Near.

And then, there is the continual regurgitation of TDU talking points....

-Bug-