Then and now....

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
They won’t. UPS has the same service issues and nobody has capacity in the network. It’s a product of e-commerce and the global pandemic.
So you think Ground’s gonna put UPS out of business with what you guys call service? That’s a laugh. Shippers really love it when they pay extra for signature required packages (firearms, alcohol, high value items etc.) and your drivers just release them or forge customer signatures.

bbsam

Staff member
So you think Ground’s gonna put UPS out of business with what you guys call service? That’s a laugh. Shippers really love it when they pay extra for signature required packages (firearms, alcohol, high value items etc.) and your drivers just release them or forge customer signatures.
No. That’s not what I said. I said that shippers aren’t jumping from company to company because 1) nobody is getting discounts and 2) service problems in both companies mirror each other.
So I don’t know why you think I said differently. Are you suggesting that UPS is about to put Fedex Ground out of business? I guess you’ve been saying that for years so I guess I shouldn’t be surprised. If that continues to be your assertion, you continue to be wrong.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
No. That’s not what I said. I said that shippers aren’t jumping from company to company because 1) nobody is getting discounts and 2) service problems in both companies mirror each other.
So I don’t know why you think I said differently. Are you suggesting that UPS is about to put Fedex Ground out of business? I guess you’ve been saying that for years so I guess I shouldn’t be surprised. If that continues to be your assertion, you continue to be wrong.
How long are Ground's 'growing pains' going to be tolerated, in your opinion?

I think that's what Amazon is banking on to enter the market.

It will be fine

How long are Ground's 'growing pains' going to be tolerated, in your opinion?

I think that's what Amazon is banking on to enter the market.
Do you believe shippers don’t know what they’re getting with Ground at this point? Somehow they’ve managed to grow every year in their history.

Cactus

Oh, I get ‘cha. Ground must be infallible huh? Congrats on 20 years of such a standard of excellence. 🤣

It will be fine

Do you believe that shippers aren't looking for an alternative, and that if Amazon provides it, that they won't 'jump ship'?
It doesn’t concern me that at some point there might be another competitor in the small package delivery space. I imagine it’s inevitable. There’s plenty of volume to go around. The worst year I can remember Ground grew 5%. Last year was what 20-30%? I don’t find a collapse of FedEx Ground for lack of shippers plausible.

bbsam

Staff member
Oh, I get ‘cha. Ground must be infallible huh? Congrats on 20 years of such a standard of excellence. 🤣
You don’t seem to get it. Shippers over the decades have not seen service issues to such a degree as to cause a mass exodus, has it? Do you still insist that it’s, “just a matter of time”? Why? What could possibly give you such an idea?

Cactus

You don’t seem to get it. Shippers over the decades have not seen service issues to such a degree as to cause a mass exodus, has it? Do you still insist that it’s, “just a matter of time”? Why? What could possibly give you such an idea?
The only thing Ground has to offer is SERVICE. If they fail in which you guys do often, what else can they provide shippers with? Besides excuses?

bbsam

Staff member
The only thing Ground has to offer is SERVICE. If they fail in which you guys do often, what else can they provide shippers with? Besides excuses?
As has been explained before, Ground is not alone in that respect. Express, Groud, and UPS all fail.

bacha29

All you have to do is to remember what I told people about Ground. "There's cheap...and then there's economical... Right now we're just cheap".
It's the fact of the matter. If it's important to you to ship first class with a carrier that has stature professionalism and a prestigious history you ship it on UPS. Then again putting your shipment onto a second rate operation and knowing that it will hand it off to an unscrupulous Joe Blow contractor who employs the socioeconomic underclass of this nation paying them burger flip wages and zero benefits is good enough for you then toss it onto FXG. You get what you pay for.
Over time what 's going to hurt Fat Freddy's favorite con is that the public's misconception of Fedex being a federally commissioned operation and that every Fedex truck is a company truck and every person in it is a company employee being paid industry standard wages and benefits....that's something that will eventually completely fade away over time. And when that myth is finally gone then shippers might just might just think twice when it comes to tossing it onto Fat Freddy's favorite con.

It will be fine

All you have to do is to remember what I told people about Ground. "There's cheap...and then there's economical... Right now we're just cheap".
It's the fact of the matter. If it's important to you to ship first class with a carrier that has stature professionalism and a prestigious history you ship it on UPS. Then again putting your shipment onto a second rate operation and knowing that it will hand it off to an unscrupulous Joe Blow contractor who employs the socioeconomic underclass of this nation paying them burger flip wages and zero benefits is good enough for you then toss it onto FXG. You get what you pay for.
Over time what 's going to hurt Fat Freddy's favorite con is that the public's misconception of Fedex being a federally commissioned operation and that every Fedex truck is a company truck and every person in it is a company employee being paid industry standard wages and benefits....that's something that will eventually completely fade away over time. And when that myth is finally gone then shippers might just might just think twice when it comes to tossing it onto Fat Freddy's favorite con.
How many shippers do you believe don’t know that Ground in operated by contractors?

bacha29

How many shippers do you believe don’t know that Ground in operated by contractors?
And how many salesman refer to contractor employed deliverymen as "our drivers" when delivering their sales pitch? I've heard it used often. In fact Fat Freddy had to send out a communique to all terminals and salesmen to stop referring to them as "our drivers" because it was without question false advertising and a deceptive business practice. Yet you know as well as I do that "our drivers" is a term still used today. Don't you remember?... It's a "partnership" LMAO.

It will be fine

And how many salesman refer to contractor employed deliverymen as "our drivers" when delivering their sales pitch? I've heard it used often. In fact Fat Freddy had to send out a communique to all terminals and salesmen to stop referring to them as "our drivers" because it was without question false advertising and a deceptive business practice. Yet you know as well as I do that "our drivers" is a term still used today. Don't you remember?... It's a "partnership" LMAO.
I have no idea what language sales uses. Why would I care? There is not a significant number of shippers that don’t understand the Ground model and will abandon FedEx when they learn about it.

bbsam

Staff member
Actually I would say that companies of significant size and even far smaller understand exactly what contracting is all about. Many of them probably use it in some aspect of their daily operations. You act like it’s a new and shadowy concept that Fred somehow devised and paid off authorities for FedEx and only FedEx to make use of.

MAKAVELI

They won’t. UPS has the same service issues and nobody has capacity in the network. It’s a product of e-commerce and the global pandemic.
Actually they do. Both companies right now are using the pandemic as an excuse to extract more profit.