Thinking about applying Sunrise shift (4am to 9am)

DCx310

I'm currently in my first semester at community college as an unemployed 23 year old. My school schedule is as followed (Monday and Wednesday: 12:30 PM to 2:35 PM, Tuesday/Thursday: 2 PM to 3:25 PM and 4:30 PM - 6:35 PM). I really wanted to focus on my academics and not worry about having to work during school, but now I really need the money. FASFA only helped a little. I spent 3 months working for Fedex Express at their LAX hub so I am familiar with working as a package handler. The position I'll be applying for is at the Gardena, CA hub.

Last edited:

UnconTROLLed

perfection
(1) menial, minimum wage
(2) after one year in most cases, but not all. health care coverage, pension, vacation etc.
(3) yes, raises are contractual.
(4) it blows
(5) not really, unless you are desperate

How much is the pay?/Typically what's the take home pay?
Do they offer benefits?
Will I have opportunities for further raises?
What is the "sunrise" shift like?
Would YOU recommend it for a college student?
It's hard work for little money. You would only be hired as a seasonal and not get any benefits or paid time off.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I'm currently in my first semester at community college as an unemployed 23 year old. My school schedule is as followed (Monday and Wednesday: 12:30 PM to 2:35 PM, Tuesday/Thursday: 2 PM to 3:25 PM and 4:30 PM - 6:35 PM). I really wanted to focus on my academics and not worry about having to work during school, but now I really need the money. FASFA only helped a little. I spent 3 months working for Fedex Express at their LAX hub so I am familiar with working as a package handler. The position I'll be applying for is at the Gardena, CA hub.
it is a rough job, i work the 4am to 9am.

Brisket

Although there is the earn and learn program (IF your location offers it) , may as well let them pay if you get in and stick it out.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs

If you're going to work at Gardena don't forget the.....

THREE POINTS OF CONTACT

Never gets old.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Were you in the military?

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
keep-calm-and-dont-do-it-its-a-trap-1.png

Star B

White Lightening
Who cares if he waited till 23? The fact that he's going to school is good. Maybe he had one hell of a bender in AMS and tried to be a weed inspector at LAXH or tried to intercept the drugs that MEMH sends over to keep the managers stupid and in line. I mean, you don't want to motivate him back to eating avacado toast and still being unemployed.