Thinking about applying Sunrise shift (4am to 9am)

rod

Retired 22 years
I'm currently in my first semester at community college as an unemployed 23 year old. My school schedule is as followed (Monday and Wednesday: 12:30 PM to 2:35 PM, Tuesday/Thursday: 2 PM to 3:25 PM and 4:30 PM - 6:35 PM). I really wanted to focus on my academics and not worry about having to work during school, but now I really need the money. FASFA only helped a little. I spent 3 months working for Fedex Express at their LAX hub so I am familiar with working as a package handler. The position I'll be applying for is at the Gardena, CA hub.
You’re wasting your time. Go to a trade school and friend that community college crap. The trades are begging for qualified people to fill vacant good paying jobs.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You’re wasting your time. Go to a trade school and friend that community college crap. The trades are begging for qualified people to fill vacant good paying jobs.
My neighbor at 45 just got on as carpenter apprentice.

By no means is he what i would look at and call a carpenter

DCx310

I'm trying to figure out why it took him til 23 to start school.

Took mom and dad 5 years to tell him to get off his ass and do something?

Well for starters I didn't graduate high school (class of 2012) so I spent June 2012 to March 2016 working full-time at the same job that never asked for a HS diploma making minimum wage. I got tired and was like "friend this I need my GED to get a better job" Decided to go and get my GED which I received this past June and immediately enrolled back to school this Fall term (August to December). You'll be surprised how many people over 21 I've met this semster who also came back to school. It's never too late to come back to school!

DCx310

I'm starting to realize that Accounting isn't really my thing even though I haven't even taken a class yet! I'll be honest I didn't want to come back to school joining the Army was something that I thought about doing last year, but my parents pleaded with with me to give "school a shot" and guess what? I already want to drop out, but I'll just finish up the remaining 5 weeks of the semester and decide my next move in life.

Staydryitsraining

I'm currently in my first semester at community college as an unemployed 23 year old. My school schedule is as followed (Monday and Wednesday: 12:30 PM to 2:35 PM, Tuesday/Thursday: 2 PM to 3:25 PM and 4:30 PM - 6:35 PM). I really wanted to focus on my academics and not worry about having to work during school, but now I really need the money. FASFA only helped a little. I spent 3 months working for Fedex Express at their LAX hub so I am familiar with working as a package handler. The position I'll be applying for is at the Gardena, CA hub.
Fed ex package handlers do a fraction of the work our pters do.

MzTeaze

Absolutely no. The only time I would MARGINALLY recommend is overnights (11-4), if you were desperate.

For at least the first month, you will be sore & achy after a hard night. You will need to be able to shower/clean up and rest before class. Carefully consider the amount of recovery time you will need before you head to class, especially after physically taxing work.

All for a very low pay with no benefits until you have at least a year of service. The flip side, you can get SOME educational assistance early on, IF, you aren't a seasonal worker.