Thinking of switching from preload to twilight

mikejonesjr

Been on preload a few years. Since after this new contract passes they are getting rid of the extra skill pay.. I figure why wake up at 3am and deal with harrasment etc on preload anymore.. Can someone tell me what the twilight shift entails? I know its starting at 5:30pm ish and will probably be fewer hours than preload. But what do they do exactly.

A good guy

Its brain dead easy.

Perks are
-dont have drivers bossing you around
-sups are pretty laid back compared to preload sups being yelled at by drivers then yelling at you
-dont have to handle piss bottles
-go at a steady pace and dont work to hard (wanna avoid that extra work) and you'll stay in one trailer a night
-smart scanning makes it near impossible to get misloads
-pass the sort test and have one of the easiest jobs in the hub

-cons
-sups might still be dicks because "numbers"
-get out late at night

Granted I worked twilight for 10 years and only helped out preload 2 times in that time so my idea of preload might be a bit one sided. But ever since I have gone driving I can say that preload seems much more hectic. Especially on late pre-load/air wrap up days. You dont have that kind of pressure in twilight.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Been on preload a few years. Since after this new contract passes they are getting rid of the extra skill pay.. I figure why wake up at 3am and deal with harrasment etc on preload anymore.. Can someone tell me what the twilight shift entails? I know its starting at 5:30pm ish and will probably be fewer hours than preload. But what do they do exactly.
why are you getting harassed? Stand up for yourself , let them have it back and they won’t mess with you...when I worked preload the supervisors were scared of me.

JustDeliverIt

I worked preload for 10+ years before driving, it is the hardest shift to work inside the building in my opinion. If you can make the switch, I'd go for it. I worked some extra shifts inside during peak and the twi always seemed so much nicer to work.

mikejonesjr

I worked preload for 10+ years before driving, it is the hardest shift to work inside the building in my opinion. If you can make the switch, I'd go for it. I worked some extra shifts inside during peak and the twi always seemed so much nicer to work.
Thats what I thought, the only thing stopping me from switching before was losing that extra $1, but now that I wont lose it anymore Im gunna look into it. Thanks

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
It's going to be hot on twilight bro. That's why I like working preload. Coolest time of the day

And if any drivers gives you grief, you purposely ruin their day once and they leave you alone after they I promise. Start taking bulk stop pieces to the shelves, labels facing the walls they get the idea pretty fast

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
It's going to be hot on twilight bro. That's why I like working preload. Coolest time of the day

And if any drivers gives you grief, you purposely ruin their day once and they leave you alone after they I promise. Start taking bulk stop pieces to the shelves, labels facing the walls they get the idea pretty fast
Isn't it Leg day and Start of Roid Cycle day for you?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Ignoring people is what entitled Millennials do
Entitled baby boomers are the worst.
Screenshot_20180722-151532.png