This dr facci is in deep

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
You guys claimed two million were going to die so it seems he's doing a fantastic job.

That's what those clowns never grasp and it started with the 2016 election. They make ridiculous predictions that are based more on wishful thinking than data (or always default to the worst case scenario) that will never pan out. They're left to explain why he beat their expectations.

It's funny to watch.

oldngray

nowhere special
That's what those clowns never grasp and it started with the 2016 election. They make ridiculous predictions that are based more on wishful thinking than data (or always default to the worst case scenario) that will never pan out. They're left to explain why he beat their expectations.

It's funny to watch.
Constantly moving goalposts

dmac1

What happened to you libs saying 2 million will die? Get a grip.
That was before blue states took the lead and ordered business to shut down and told people to stay home. Trump didn;t order ANY of that. With a 3% death rate among those known to be infected, how many do think would die if everyone caught it???????? Are you math challenged????????

dmac1

What should he have done differently?
He should have told all the stupid republican governors who didn't know that people without symptoms could spread the disease way back in February that it was already happening. Democratic governors all knew that without Trump, but republicans know nothing unless Trump tells them. He should have positively told the remaining 'open' states that they will be the new sources for spreading the disease after other state are cleared and that those states should follow the same plans to save lives. He should have told people to AVOID larger church gathering instead of promoting them. He should have told people that wearing masks in public was a good idea, and he would be doing so as an example, instead of saying it might help, but he wasn't planning to help by wearing one himself. I could go on, but these are some of the basics.

bacha29

That was before blue states took the lead and ordered business to shut down and told people to stay home. Trump didn;t order ANY of that. With a 3% death rate among those known to be infected, how many do think would die if everyone caught it???????? Are you math challenged????????
Right. The 2 million number was based on models that didn't take into account the tough actions the blue states undertook to get the matter under control. So why is number of projected deaths going down? it was because of the tough measures blue state governors were not afraid to take.
I heard some red state governors plainly state that they were waiting for directives from Trump. Kemp the Georgia governor claimed that he didn't take action until he was told 24 hours earlier that COVID can be transmitted from people who are asymptomatic despite warnings a month earlier from the CDC which is headquartered in Georgia.

Why did they wait so long . It's simple . They are terrified of Trump for reasons nobody knows and their worries about the economy which is the only thing the GOP will have going for it this election year.

59 Dano

That was before blue states took the lead and ordered business to shut down and told people to stay home. Trump didn;t order ANY of that.

You mean that it is the fault of Trump, who is compared to a dictator, that he didn't exercise power that he doesn't have?

He should have told all the stupid republican governors who didn't know that people without symptoms could spread the disease way back in February that it was already happening. Democratic governors all knew that without Trump, but republicans know nothing unless Trump tells them. He should have positively told the remaining 'open' states that they will be the new sources for spreading the disease after other state are cleared and that those states should follow the same plans to save lives. He should have told people to AVOID larger church gathering instead of promoting them. He should have told people that wearing masks in public was a good idea, and he would be doing so as an example, instead of saying it might help, but he wasn't planning to help by wearing one himself. I could go on, but these are some of the basics.

You could go on, but even you realize how silly you sound? "THE PUBLICAN GOVERNORS DIDN'T DO IT RIGHT!!1!!"

59 Dano

Right. The 2 million number was based on models that didn't take into account the tough actions the blue states undertook to get the matter under control.

If that were the case, you'd expect it to run rampant in red states and not in blue states. Of course that hasn't been the case, but hey - you're trying to give a partisan answer to a scientific question (and you're bacha).

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You mean that it is the fault of Trump, who is compared to a dictator, that he didn't exercise power that he doesn't have?

You could go on, but even you realize how silly you sound? "THE PUBLICAN GOVERNORS DIDN'T DO IT RIGHT!!1!!"

The 8 states that originally resisted all "stay at home" directives all had GOP governors. Trump doesn't have the power.

Working4the1%

If that were the case, you'd expect it to run rampant in red states and not in blue states. Of course that hasn't been the case, but hey - you're trying to give a partisan answer to a scientific question (and you're bacha).
The 24th district(which has 53 districts) in California has 200,000 more people than the state of Wyoming. Packed a little tighter in blue states. You should get out more DANO

It will be fine

The 24th district(which has 53 districts) in California has 200,000 more people than the state of Wyoming. Packed a little tighter in blue states. You should get out more DANO
I’d guess it’ll move slower through rural communities but end up deadlier. A population of overweight diabetic smokers with poor access to healthcare won’t end well.

59 Dano

That only makes the "why didn't the red states clamp down tighter" argument weaker. If everyone is already spread out...

59 Dano

I’d guess it’ll move slower through rural communities but end up deadlier. A population of overweight diabetic smokers with poor access to healthcare won’t end well.

What Gomer missed was that the percentage of the population that is infected isn't any more worse in red states than in blue states. But then again, trying to go down the partisan path in that regard is silly in the first place.

It will be fine

What Gomer missed was that the percentage of the population that is infected isn't any more worse in red states than in blue states. But then again, trying to go down the partisan path in that regard is silly in the first place.
The partisan path is basically demographics at this point. Blue states have more international travelers that would transmit the virus sooner. Blue states have denser populations. There’s nothing special in terms of the virus for either one. Lower population that travels less will result in a slower spread.