This game show host has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I first remember 'pancreatic cancer' when it killed Michael Landon.

Stage 4 of that type seems to be a death sentence....he seems to have a good attitude (only he knows what's going on inside)

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
One thing that can always be counted on with a class act is when they're down there will always be those with less class there to kick them.

I assume you were referring to the "gently condescending" remark? It wasn't an insult. I like the way he tells players the correct questions to extremely difficult or obscure answers as if they should have known better, but does it with compassion that only slightly borders on patronizing. It's endearing. He's like a beloved teacher.

oldngray

nowhere special
I first remember 'pancreatic cancer' when it killed Michael Landon.

Stage 4 of that type seems to be a death sentence....he seems to have a good attitude (only he knows what's going on inside)
Pancreatic cancer is supposed to be one of the most painful ways to die. And almost untreatable.

vantexan

I assume you were referring to the "gently condescending" remark? It wasn't an insult. I like the way he tells players the correct questions to extremely difficult or obscure answers as if they should have known better, but does it with compassion that only slightly borders on patronizing. It's endearing. He's like a beloved teacher.
Sorry, mistook what you were saying.

bacha29

It's got two of my friends and a third one is on the way out.
Pancreatic cancer and brain cancer are among the most virulent cancers known with little time left to live once they are discovered. Someone like Alex Trebek will raise public awareness and might get the ball moving on research but when you're already at stage 4 ......well, I don't think that there's much hope for the poor guy.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Pancreatic cancer and brain cancer are among the most virulent cancers known with little time left to live once they are discovered. Someone like Alex Trebek will raise public awareness and might get the ball moving on research but when you're already at stage 4 ......well, I don't think that there's much hope for the poor guy.
Cancer is big business...….I don't see the medical community ALLOWING a cure. Even now a new cancer center (multi-floors) is under construction across from Mission Hosp.

rod

Retired 22 years
Cancer is big business...….I don't see the medical community ALLOWING a cure. Even now a new cancer center (multi-floors) is under construction across from Mission Hosp.

Multi billion/trillion (?) dollar industry for the drug and medical business. No way would they ever cure it no matter how many billions people donate to fight it. They have had a few successes with certain kinds of cancer (you HAVE to give people hope to keep the donation coming in) but all in all I don't think they are anymore on top of it now than they were 25 years ago.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Multi billion/trillion (?) dollar industry for the drug and medical business. No way would they ever cure it no matter how many billions people donate to fight it. They have had a few successes with certain kinds of cancer (you HAVE to give people hope to keep the donation coming in) but all in all I don't think they are anymore on top of it now than they were 25 years ago.
Lynparza (cancer pill) $20,000 a month supply!!!! If cancer is cured, who's gonna need them??

rod

Retired 22 years
Lynparza (cancer pill) $20,000 a month supply!!!! If cancer is cured, who's gonna need them??

My sister-in-law is fighting internal (very rare) melanoma. The outlook isn't good. They have her on experimental meds that have never been given to humans before.