This is bad for our reputation as drivers.

JonFrum

If you call out, "Hey, wait up." in a friendly voice, the fleeing criminal may turn around. Then you can blast him in the chest and head.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
My 81 year old father , Korean War vet , was asleep at 4 am earlier this year at home with my mother when their house was broken into by two armed men wearing ski masks who had cut the phone lines.

My father met them in the kitchen with his own pistol. They fought with him while my mother escaped to get help. They couldn't get dad down but they did make him drop his pistol, he got into the hallway and grabbed a shotgun from above the doorway

The two men took off and dad shot them both as they crossed the yard. They were captured later that day and the pellets in them were the best evidence you could get. They pled guilty and were sentenced to 12 years last month.

Moral of this story... don't break into the home of an NRA member who at 81 years old can still kick your ass.

Congratulations to Mom and Dad in their fight for survival.

Anyone breaking into another's house at night stands the chance of killing or being killed.
I'm glad that your Dad was prepared for this. They could have easily been killed by those two losers.

"Shooting them in the back"??? Gimme' a break!!

You choose to commit a crime like this, you deserve to get the worst that the victim's impose upon you.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
It does seem rather cowardly to shoot people in the back as they are escaping.
Better yet, it does seem "KIND OF" cowardly to break into an elderly couples house to do "whatever" it is they planned to do in the first place. Their getting shot was the consequence of their own stupity, was it not?

Anyways, back to the topic

"This man was a UPS driver. He knew the routes, he knew the neighborhood and he was able to case where he was able to attack," said criminal profiler Pat Brown.

Do you think this guy became a UPS'er for just this reason, or did he become a serial killer afterward?

Better yet, it does seem "KIND OF" cowardly to break into an elderly couples house to do "whatever" it is they planned to do in the first place. Their getting shot was the consequence of their own stupity, was it not?

Anyways, back to the topic

"This man was a UPS driver. He knew the routes, he knew the neighborhood and he was able to case where he was able to attack," said criminal profiler Pat Brown.

Do you think this guy became a UPS'er for just this reason, or did he become a serial killer afterward?
That may be a good question Stug. However, I'm thinking the DA making that statement about area knowledge prolly has little UPS knowledge. The question I would be asking if I were the DA is did he ever deliver the area where the two women were killed. If not, the area knowledge thing is irrelevant.

Oh and Blue inefficacy...you wanna talk cowardice? Not only would I have shot them in the back, I would have been hoping they slipped and fell on the ground...no moving target.

Re-Raise

It does seem rather cowardly to shoot people in the back as they are escaping.

The larger of the two men (6 ft, 275 pounds) grabbed my father from behind and tried to force him to drop his pistol. The other smaller man hit my dad about the head with the butt of the pistol he was holding.

We know this because the clip fell out on the kitchen floor.

Even though he was beaten dad was able to stay concious and get away long enough to grab another weapon.

This is my last post on this thread so I will make this clear to you Blue efficacy.

If you plan to break into my home wearing a ski mask waving a pistol around you had better be right with your God.

I don't care if you are looking at me or crawled up into a fetal position, with piss running down your leg and crying for your mommy I will end you.

Big Babooba

What a crock. Let's start a panic.

"This man was a (Insert occupation). He knew the routes, he knew the neighborhood and he was able to case where he was able to attack," said criminal profiler Pat Brown.

• UPS driver
  • letter carrier
  • trash collector
  • milk man
  • meter reader
  • door to door salesman
  • paper boy
  • fireman
  • dog walker
  • census taker
  • lion tamer
  • pizza delivery man

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

"This man was a (Insert occupation). He knew the routes, he knew the neighborhood and he was able to case where he was able to attack," said criminal profiler Pat Brown.

• UPS driver
  • letter carrier
  • trash collector
  • milk man
  • meter reader
  • door to door salesman
  • paper boy
  • fireman
  • dog walker
  • census taker
  • lion tamer
  • pizza delivery man
Maintenance Worker?

Big Babooba

• UPS driver
  • letter carrier
  • trash collector
  • milk man
  • meter reader
  • door to door salesman
  • paper boy
  • fireman
  • dog walker
  • census taker
  • lion tamer
  • pizza delivery man

Maintenance Worker?

street person
drug dealer
cop
repo person
Exactly! He could have been any occupation.

blue efficacy

The larger of the two men (6 ft, 275 pounds) grabbed my father from behind and tried to force him to drop his pistol. The other smaller man hit my dad about the head with the butt of the pistol he was holding.

We know this because the clip fell out on the kitchen floor.

Even though he was beaten dad was able to stay concious and get away long enough to grab another weapon.

This is my last post on this thread so I will make this clear to you Blue efficacy.

If you plan to break into my home wearing a ski mask waving a pistol around you had better be right with your God.

I don't care if you are looking at me or crawled up into a fetal position, with piss running down your leg and crying for your mommy I will end you.
Yeah, who needs laws. If someone breaks into my house I should just kill them, even if they just want my stuff and don't want me dead.

Two wrongs make a right, after all.

This is exactly what the gun nuts don't understand, guns unnecessarily escalate situations. If the robbers wanted the old man dead, he'd be dead. Just like a bank robbery, let them take what they want, and the cops will find them. If I was a criminal, I would know that it would not be worth it to potentially add murder charges should I get caught.

This would fly out the window if they aimed a gun at me. I would have no choice but to kill the victim. Guns can only make bad situations worse.

JonFrum

Yeah, who needs laws. If someone breaks into my house I should just kill them, even if they just want my stuff and don't want me dead.

This is exactly what the gun nuts don't understand, guns unnecessarily escalate situations. If the robbers wanted the old man dead, he'd be dead. Just like a bank robbery, let them take what they want, and the cops will find them. If I was a criminal, I would know that it would not be worth it to potentially add murder charges should I get caught.

This would fly out the window if they aimed a gun at me. I would have no choice but to kill the victim. Guns can only make bad situations worse.
When a criminal (or criminals!!!) break into your house, there is no way you can know that they only want your stuff. They may want to kill you and your family, or rape your wife and daughter, or kidnap, or torture, or who knows what. The graveyards are full of victims who underestimated the intentions of the criminals they met.

If a homeowner "aims" a gun at a criminal who has broken into his house, the criminal does not normally have the option to kill the homeowner. The criminal is busy being blinded by the muzzle flash and an overwhelming sense of weakness as he colapses.

Criminals don't think rationally. Criminals don't intend to get caught. It's naieve to attribute good motives to them.

Here in the Peoples Democratic Republic of Massachusetts we had Governor Mike Dukakis who advocated that as the criminals break in the front door, the family must flee out the back door and abandon their home (castle) to the criminals to avoid a confrontation and harm to the intruders. Did you vote for Mike when he ran for President? Did you see him fumble when he was asked how he would feel if his wife Kitty were raped? Did you think he looked like a Commander-in-Chief in that famous photo of him wearing a combat helmet rideing in that army tank?

Re-Raise

I know I said I wouldn't respond on this thread anymore, but your stupidity and complete lack of any courage or backbone has forced me to answer.

By your theory we should put our belongings out front of our house so as not to cause the criminals any undue difficulty?

And hope that despite their criminal nature they will choose to treat us well , if we are accomodating enough.

I am truly stunned that there are really people like you.

Are you a man or woman? Are you or a member of your family a poor misunderstood criminal who was forced to do bad things?

The statement given by one of the criminals is that they wiped their fingerprints off the rounds that they loaded before they broke into the house. So when they shot my parents there wouldn't be any prints on the shell casings at the scene.

They brought with them duct tape and plastic ties to " restrain" my parents while they tortured my mother to get my father to tell them where they hid their money.

You said criminals won't kill people because they don't want to face murder charges. Are you insane, criminals kill people all the time because they don't think they will be caught.

Do you have a family? Would you do anything to protect them?

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
He used his "area knowledge" to help him commit the crimes.

Why does that matter, really? Any crazy person who loses it can stalk their victoms at will. People lose it in these types of businesses. Look at USPS, that one car driver that was fired and shot up people. There was a guy here in Orlando who was fired three years ago from a desk job, then worked those three years at a subway then lost it and went back to that job and killed a few people.

Over all, why does the report have to include "he worked for UPS"? Do the reporters know what happens within each and every HUB or center, not likely. They've heard stories, most likely. I dont think its relevant to even menction he worked for UPS anyways. Thus the only reason this was ever menction the poor reporting the media puts out nowadays.

People get killed everyday by other people. Most are never given to a reason as to where they worked. The only thing I have to say is who cares that he worked for UPS, it doesnt mean a dam thing. I'm sure anyone who has seen this report has thought the same thing.

klein

Für Meno :)
Well, he wouldn't have been or wouldn't even have known that neighborhood, if it wasn't on his route, right ?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

Good grief do I disagree with you.

Well, he wouldn't have been or wouldn't even have known that neighborhood, if it wasn't on his route, right ?
Not necessarily so. People cover drive on various routes before landing a route of their own, so he could very well have known the area, or several, for that matter.

Re-Raise

What did the unarmed female victims of this serial killer do to "escalate" the situation?

Apparently he wasn't worried that it might "potentially add murder charges should he get caught" .

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
What did the unarmed female victims of this serial killer do to "escalate" the situation?

Apparently he wasn't worried that it might "potentially add murder charges should he get caught" .

ReRaise's Words

pearls_white.jpg

It's just word pictures, alright???:wink2:

Last edited: