This year's raises

fedex_rtd

I have heard from separate sources that top of range will see a 3% raise this October.

So I would also expect a minimum of 3% for the rest of the step ranges.

The big question is...will those that are not topped out, also see a step increase?

The economy is doing well, and so is the company, so I expect to see both a step plus 3% this year.

Oldfart

I have heard from separate sources that top of range will see a 3% raise this October.

The big question is...will those that are not topped out, also see a step increase?

The economy is doing well, and so is the company, so I expect to see both a step plus 3% this year.
Believe you will disappointed. Some of the step raises are already 4% or more. You ACTUALLY expect to get up to a 4% step raise AND a 3% raise? Why should top people get 3% and you get 7% or more?

Oldfart

Gee, another person with reading difficulties. Did you not see the step chart the fella posted on here? It is there for everyone to see. But then again, the ability to read is required.

Oldfart

20170804_165030-jpg.149158

Oldfart

How would you know if you never ask coworkers about pay?
No reason to be like you and stick your nose in everyone's business. The chart tells the whole story.

I bet you ask friends, neighbors and relatives what they make, what they paid for something and how much money they have in the bank. People like you just can't help themselves.

It will be fine

No reason to be like you and stick your nose in everyone's business. The chart tells the whole story.

I bet you ask friends, neighbors and relatives what they make, what they paid for something and how much money they have in the bank. People like you just can't help themselves.
Project much?

Oldfart

Project much?
You accuse me of backtracking on my statement that I don't involve myself in others business because I know about the step raises. All I know is what the chart showed. There for everyone to see. People all over this forum pride themselves on knowing about other person's pay scale, their benefits and their overall compensation because they ask or meddle.. That is not my style but if you like fishing for those numbers, that is your right.

dezguy

You accuse me of backtracking on my statement that I don't involve myself in others business because I know about the step raises. All I know is what the chart showed. There for everyone to see. People all over this forum pride themselves on knowing about other person's pay scale, their benefits and their overall compensation because they ask or meddle.. That is not my style but if you like fishing for those numbers, that is your right.
... Or they have been in that position at one point in their time at FedEx. 95% of employees haven't been topped out for the bulk of their time there.

It's easy to know, roughly what someone makes when you've been in that position.

Oldfart

... Or they have been in that position at one point in their time at FedEx. 95% of employees haven't been topped out for the bulk of their time there.

It's easy to know, roughly what someone makes when you've been in that position.
LOL. I have been told I live with my head in the sand because I don't know what people make or what % goes into their PPA. Many on here have bragged about knowing exactly what other people make or get in their PPA. That comes from sticking your nose in others business.

!Retired!

You will not see a step + a percentage. I'm not going to sit and calculate EVERY step increase percentage. But, I'll bet you will not find one under 3%. I'll bet most are 5%. Also, whenever we got raises, top of range USUALLY got 3%. There were a couple of years they got 5%.
If the chart remains the way it is, I will get 5%. Assuming someone hit top last year, a 3% raise will less than mine.

Oldfart

Why should you make more than others that do the exact same job as you and do it just as well?
So every employee should get hired at step 9 or 10?

An employee that started in the 70's should make the same as an employee that started in 2010?

Interesting.

Last edited:

dezguy

LOL. I have been told I live with my head in the sand because I don't know what people make or what % goes into their PPA. Many on here have bragged about knowing exactly what other people make or get in their PPA. That comes from sticking your nose in others business.
I'd be willing to bet most don't know what each other make. In the same hand, I bet I could guess, to a pretty good degree of certainty, what a 5 year employee is making. How? I was once a 5 year employee, hired well after the company stopped topping our employees in 14 months.

It doesn't take asking someone what they make to know they make significantly less than I what I do, for doing the exact same job.

Oldfart

I'd be willing to bet most don't know what each other make. In the same hand, I bet I could guess, to a pretty good degree of certainty, what a 5 year employee is making. How? I was once a 5 year employee, hired well after the company stopped topping our employees in 14 months.

It doesn't take asking someone what they make to know they make significantly less than I what I do, for doing the exact same job.
Once again, nice try. Just tell that to those that have bragged repeatedly that they ask and know what others make and swear they do that because they are looking out for their coworkers best interest. Several on here have made that claim.