Tier 3

As long as nobody was killed or seriously injured the only thing that will matter is "did management like him before the accident"? If he was giving them good numbers he will be back---if not he's toast. Its as simple as that. Welcome to the real world.
The center gets hit for a big dollar amount for a tier 3

Box Ox

As long as nobody was killed or seriously injured the only thing that will matter is "did management like him before the accident"? If he was giving them good numbers he will be back---if not he's toast. Its as simple as that. Welcome to the real world.

Not necessarily. We of course live in an increasingly litigious time. The Company probably views a new driver with a Tier 3 under his belt who gets to keep his job as more of potential liability than it used to.

rod

Retired 22 years
Not necessarily. We of course live in an increasingly litigious time. The Company probably views a new driver with a Tier 3 under his belt who gets to keep his job as more of potential liability than it used to.
UPS keeps teams of lawyer on the payroll to fight cases like this. Unless there are eye witnesses (and that don't seem to matter when a good lawyer is arguing a case) it's there word against UPS's word. I'm sure all the telematics info would conviently disappear if it showed our guy was at fault.

Indecisi0n

Did you make a complete stop?

I am sure they already asked you but telematics already has the answer . If you made a complete stop you have nothing to worry about .

john chesney

Been driving for about 8 months now. And I got in a tier 3 accident. I got terminated and now I wait for a local grievance hearing how long does that take for me to get. This is my first accident I have ever got in. I pulled out and didn’t see the vehicle and got hit. I love this job. What’s the chances of me getting it back.
I’m guessing you’re going to be going to the panel and I agree if you’re caught in a lie your done. I want you to just think about something if you get your job back and I did stupid :censored2: too. What would of happened if I was driving through that intersection on my motorcycle???? It’s a scary thought you better never forget