Time to bump up that 401k

The Driver

I drive.
One day you will know the feeling of not owing anyone on this planet a nickel. It's a very good feeling

Seriously. Nobody has their hands out for my paycheck anymore. Except Uncle Sam of course.

I am the master of my financial domain. I control who I interact with, who I pay, what I do, where I go. There's a million ways to spend money you don't have but only one kind of feeling when you keep your money.

Seriously. Nobody has their hands out for my paycheck anymore. Except Uncle Sam of course.

I am the master of my financial domain. I control who I interact with, who I pay, what I do, where I go. There's a million ways to spend money you don't have but only one kind of feeling when you keep your money.
Good job!

542thruNthru

What's everyone's percentage? I've been 15% ever since I went fulltime. My wife is as 12% but her company at her level matches 5%.

I won't lie I was pt for 9 years and didn't contribute to it till about 7 years in and that was 5%.

What about everyone else. Also let's tell the true because statistics don't lie and I'm sure not everyone started as early as they should have.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
What's everyone's percentage? I've been 15% ever since I went fulltime. My wife is as 12% but her company at her level matches 5%.

I won't lie I was pt for 9 years and didn't contribute to it till about 7 years in and that was 5%.

What about everyone else. Also let's tell the true because statistics don't lie and I'm sure not everyone started as early as they should have.
20% Roth I was 2% first couple years then 10% when I went driving then 20% at full scale. Cut back a few years when wife was in grad school

Wife is 9% so she doesn’t max out too early and takes full advantage of the 3% match she gets. First 3 years wife was 10% with a 100% match after profit sharing. Wish we had gotten a few more years of that

542thruNthru

20% Roth I was 2% first couple years then 10% when I went driving then 20% at full scale. Cut back a few years when wife was in grad school

Wife is 9% so she doesn’t max out too early and takes full advantage of the 3% match she gets. First 3 years wife was 10% with a 100% match after profit sharing. Wish we had gotten a few more years of that

Do you run into any eligibility problems with your Roth? My wife makes more then double what I do but we have a Roth started for my son's school(though his grandparents started one also).

We had to use some loop holes. Don't ask me what they are because I'm not the smart one. :)

Do you run into any eligibility problems with your Roth? My wife makes more then double what I do but we have a Roth started for my son's school(though his grandparents started one also).

We had to use some loop holes. Don't ask me what they are because I'm not the smart one. :)
Their is an income limitation for a Roth IRA but you can put away as much as as the IRS allows into your 401k as a Roth

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Not with Roth 401k there’s no problem.

You can do a backdoor Roth IRA if you’re over income limits. I’m sure that’s what you do