Time to bump up that 401k

Can you contribute more than $19K in our plan? Is it set up to allow more but with the caveat you don't get any tax benefit? I know some plans out there allow you to keep adding above the limit but didn't know if Prudential did and haven't checked into it.
You can't go over the IRS limit
You can open a ROTH IRA and put an additional 6k a year away

The Driver

I drive.
You can't go over the IRS limit
You can open a ROTH IRA and put an additional 6k a year away

Yeah, I'm reading where some plans let you contribute up to $56,000 a year but you only get the tax treatment on the $19,000 part of it.

I think I'll keep it simple anyway and do the Roth IRA before the end of the year.

Yeah, I'm reading where some plans let you contribute up to $56,000 a year but you only get the tax treatment on the $19,000 part of it.

I think I'll keep it simple anyway and do the Roth IRA before the end of the year.
You don't want any tax headaches
Not sure if you can out after tax money in on top of it. I know you are allowed to contribute 5%

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Combined you and your employer can contribute up to 56k. Employee limit is 19k though