Time to bump up that 401k

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
401s are ok, it's mutual funds that are the scam. Being required to buy a bunch of companies that have no fundamental quality, but the funds add them anyway.
I still contribute 1500 a month to vanguard Index funds . DCA...extremely low expenses.
Only individual stocks we own are Blue Chips that have high yielding divvies...

Up In Smoke

Always a solid low risk position. We found a number of private equity LLCs in our area that have solid returns (4-6%) with very little risk. Depending how you set it up (C corp/ S corp, LLC ect) they can have enormous tax benefits. We maintain a home office, multiple vehicles, recreation vehicles and vacation property as part of our business/advertising expense.

Always a solid low risk position. We found a number of private equity LLCs in our area that have solid returns (4-6%) with very little risk. Depending how you set it up (C corp/ S corp, LLC ect) they can have enormous tax benefits. We maintain a home office, multiple vehicles, recreation vehicles and vacation property as part of our business/advertising expense.
I hope it all works out for you my friend that's more than I want to do

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
I don't plan on doing much with my 401k since I plan on working until I drop dead on route to spite management. That extra paperwork and hassle of having to call the ambulance and find some 22.45676834576228543 driver to finish my route.

ManInBrown

Nice
Any in the ROTH?
Unfortunately only a few thousand. I started off in Roth years ago and switched to traditional a month or two later. Cant start over. Need to keep piling in traditional. The whole point of a 401k is the bulk of your retirement funds build up in the last few years. I don’t have enough time left to start over. Can we convert and just pay the taxes? Is that allowed with our plan? Never thought of that.

Unfortunately only few thousand. I started off in Roth years ago and switched to traditional a month or two later. Cant start over. Need to keep piling in traditional. The whole point of a 401k is the bulk of your retirement funds build up in the last few years. I don’t have enough time left to start over.
Well you can still start in Roth IRA.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Unfortunately only a few thousand. I started off in Roth years ago and switched to traditional a month or two later. Cant start over. Need to keep piling in traditional. The whole point of a 401k is the bulk of your retirement funds build up in the last few years. I don’t have enough time left to start over.
Been retired 7 years and still havent touched 401. It's grown nicely in that time.
Not going to until required at age 72.